RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Racing Bill Submissions

2 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Blue made no mention of horses in training at Stratford and I  don't believe any single trainer has 50 in work . When Stratford is sold any horses trained there will just move elsewhere so the reality is that has no bearing on the contribution made . How will the Stratford RC survive if it keeps Stratford and races else where , maintaining Stratford alone will be a big expense .

Compensation , zero but no doubt facility's will be made available else where . People have change forced on them every day , that's life , no different to a manufacturer moving or closing down and staff having to change what they are doing .

One things for sure racing is doomed without restructuring  , burying your head in the sand won't make the problem go away . As for me I'm to old to worry (like many others) about the future of racing , whatever is done will take time and that's running out for me and racing .

So you favour the govt seizing and then selling community owned assets?. That's called theft 

2 hours ago, Ludwig said:

So you favour the govt seizing and then selling community owned assets?. That's called theft 

Your wrong close it down and only a small percentage of horses will move elsewhere .

6 minutes ago, puha said:

Your wrong close it down and only a small percentage of horses will move elsewhere .

The same with Timaru. How many of the trainer's there will relocate, or just pack it in?

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

I suggest you read the bill re  assett process as there seems to be a lot of misinformation out there.

Greg

That’s there so that Nztr can keep their hands clean of it. They want one Club and their trainer committees to close down (clubs talk between themselves) fellow trainers of another club. With Winnie wielding the axe for the final say.

And for what. Less horses being trained .  No gain at all  .

4 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

That’s there so that Nztr can keep their hands clean of it. They want one Club and their trainer committees to close down (clubs talk between themselves) fellow trainers of another club. With Winnie wielding the axe for the final say.

And for what. Less horses being trained .  No gain at all  

Plenty of safeguards  there if you look  

Greg

10 hours ago, Ludwig said:

Hang on , that's the same sort of assumption that Blue has made .

"The Stratford Racing Club was started by a small group of local farmers and businessmen who acted as guarantors for a loan from the Bank of Australasia which was used to purchase a property to be developed as a racecourse on the edge of the town in the 1880s."

SO the club in this case paid for the track with the help of people who loved racing  . There are plenty of examples around the country where land was donated by  businessmen and farmers who wanted to see racing  thrive , travel in those days was challenging .

My question is , why is the assumption being made that these long gone people would rather see tracks handed over to people in the community that have no interest in racing and certainly won't help develop it .

I would argue that these track donor's / financial backers / farmers would turn in there graves if their work and generosity was handed over to councils rather than investing in racing for the good of the sport they loved .

In short hand it over for the good of racing , that's what those who established racing would want .

4 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Hang on , that's the same sort of assumption that Blue has made .

"The Stratford Racing Club was started by a small group of local farmers and businessmen who acted as guarantors for a loan from the Bank of Australasia which was used to purchase a property to be developed as a racecourse on the edge of the town in the 1880s."

SO the club in this case paid for the track with the help of people who loved racing  . There are plenty of examples around the country where land was donated by  businessmen and farmers who wanted to see racing  thrive , travel in those days was challenging .

My question is , why is the assumption being made that these long gone people would rather see tracks handed over to people in the community that have no interest in racing and certainly won't help develop it .

I would argue that these track donor's / financial backers / farmers would turn in there graves if their work and generosity was handed over to councils rather than investing in racing for the good of the sport they loved .

In short hand it over for the good of racing , that's what those who established racing would want .

Mr Blue sounds like a sensible chap. If the asset is owned by the local community, then it's their decision, no one else's, to decide what happens to it. It is not up to an idiot in govt to tell them how to dispose of it.  

4 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

You argue wrong T A  Councils would dearly love that racing continues in their districts so it wouldnt be lost to racing regardless whether it loses its raceday or not  To them its still a business for the district.

So a financial club in no way has the wolf at the door just bends over and gives their asset up.  I'm sure  track donor's / financial backers / farmers would turn in there graves if that happens  because its safeguarded in their constitutions as to what the track donor's / financial backers / farmers desire to happen 

Take your arguement further  RITA want Stratford to go to New Plymouth.      NPly  Council land lease, at present the Club is in limbo with the Council as an annomally in the legal process of lessee ownership. It has been suggested by members of the NP council that the Racing Cub get the lease back for 10 yrs at the previous rent and the pay market rent after that for the privelege of racing there.    A rough estimate woud be around $150,000 -$160000 a yr.   How long would the club up there last. 

Im sure the track donor's / financial backers / farmers would turn in there graves if SRC just roll over and went to NP 

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Has anyone seen any statement from either the National party or their "shadow spokesman" on this new racing bill.    I would have thought there would be untold milage for them waiting to be untapped.    It is afterall election year!! 

I agree entirely. I don't want to see NZ descend to the bitterness of the USA, but it's time some of the politicians made some noise, and stopped trying to be Mr or Ms Nice Guy .

39 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

I note that it's one of Winston's yes men , who chairs the committee. Will that be significant?

Of course , but it wont stop the previous status quo types  from unsuccessfully protesting. How dumb is that.. Just my thoughts

Greg

37 minutes ago, eljay said:

Through research, I've discovered Ian McKelvie is National Spokesman for Racing!   He is ranked 31 in the National caucus - that says how much importance they give to racing.     

Do some more research about the bloke then.

17 hours ago, Ludwig said:

Mr Blue sounds like a sensible chap. If the asset is owned by the local community, then it's their decision, no one else's, to decide what happens to it. It is not up to an idiot in govt to tell them how to dispose of it.  

What rubbish , the asset is owned by the club not the local community and no doubt when Stratford closes and the horses move down the road veterinarian Mr Blue will have to travel a little further apply his trade . One things for sure without NZracing paying all stake money the club would quickly fold .

24 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

What rubbish , the asset is owned by the club not the local community and no doubt when Stratford closes and the horses move down the road veterinarian Mr Blue will have to travel a little further apply his trade . One things for sure without NZracing paying all stake money the club would quickly fold .

Why do you hate so much the many successful grassroots clubs around the country.?