RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Racing Bill Submissions

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Submissions closed on Tuesday Berri. I suspect they haven’t got round to loading them on the website yet......:rolleyes:

The written submissions from the submitters who spoke at yesterday's oral hearings will be uploaded to the website later today. The remaining submissions are likely to be published after the committee meetings next Thursday.

Surely on these Select Committees  you need someone who knows something about the topic they are covering? some of the questions/comments asked it looked like they needed a Select Select Select Committee before the they got to this one.

No mention anywhere of income that can be earned from advertising.

Racing has venues for functions, expo's, markets, demonstrations, frontages for billboards, TV, radio, internet, printed media etc.  No other organisation in New Zealand has a more extensive range.

All these people can talk about is draining more dollar from the punter.

Simple way to halt leakage to overseas betting outfits. Join the product sponsor to the betting product. i.e. offer products or services on top of winnings. No way the bookie parasites from overseas can do that.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:27 PM, Berri said:

Its a shame....Dean McKenzie....promised so much but unfortunately has left us behind

Didn't hear a mention about a horse or the owners. Sports and harmful gambling dictated the introduction....a shame....that's not what I bought into

Time marches on and the old Racing Board is certainly not a 'dead horse' (Winston's description), simply re-branded as RITA and no more effective. Again they steer us down the wrong track.

Little respect for the codes or John Messara's efforts, and how much invaluable time wasted. 

Thankfully, the Select Committee seem a lot more clued up than RITA.

6 hours ago, Hangfire said:

Time marches on and the old Racing Board is certainly not a 'dead horse' (Winston's description), simply re-branded as RITA and no more effective. Again they steer us down the wrong track.

Little respect for the codes or John Messara's efforts, and how much invaluable time wasted. 

Thankfully, the Select Committee seem a lot more clued up than RITA.

Totally agree with your sentiments. 
What I took out of the first podcast was:

a) Dean McKenzie was very disappointing, talked in gibberish even.

b) The combined presentation, questions
and answers from the three codes together was impressive. 

c) The Select Committee appeared to have done their homework and were well briefed. 

I am confident that the Bill when passed will be vastly different. 
RITA and The Department of Internal Affairs will have egg all over their faces. 
Sorry Dean. 

14 hours ago, Insider said:

Totally agree with your sentiments. 
What I took out of the first podcast was:

a) Dean McKenzie was very disappointing, talked in gibberish even.

b) The combined presentation, questions
and answers from the three codes together was impressive. 

c) The Select Committee appeared to have done their homework and were well briefed. 

I am confident that the Bill when passed will be vastly different. 
RITA and The Department of Internal Affairs will have egg all over their faces. 
Sorry Dean. 

A bit harsh on Dean Liz....he had to cover a lot of ground in a short space of time, then had questions fired on all sorts from all sides. Seemed to cope with it pretty well...whether you agree with some of the things he said is another matter......

A vocal critic of proposed racing industry reforms remained upbeat after submitting to Parliament on proposals in the Racing Industry Bill.

Stratford Racing Club (SRC) committee member Murray Blue presented a submission to the Infrastructure and Transport Select Committee on behalf of the racing club and Stratford community.   

The Government should be "ashamed of itself " to propose the Bill, he told the committee.

He said the government should be mandating for fair and equitable treatment for all participants in the industry, instead of "legalising the confiscation and theft of community assets", and ensure clubs are treated fairly by return of earnings. 

Blue said four of the Bill's proposals should be scrapped including the confiscation of club property, and club constitutions being transferred to New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR).

Club properties were community assets paid for by the community, not assets to be owned to the racing industry, he said.  (NZTR PAYS ALL STAKES ) he forgets this .

The club was one of the top commercially performing race courses for the TAB in off-course and fixed odds turnovers, he said. (DOUBTFUL give them a meeting in the middle of winter)

The SRC lost its racing licence to hold the Christmas annual meeting which was transferred to New Plymouth.

On course turnover at the December 29 meeting in New Plymouth fell from $124,000 to $101,000, while total turnover was down 28.4 per cent from $1.31m to $940,000.

OK , TURNOVER DOWN but I suspect when upkeep is taken into account the club will be better off . 

Now let's face it Stratford has had a premium date , if they were to stay give them a meeting in the middle of winter and see what happens . The world has changed and it's not just racing  .

" Sweeping changes and nominal entrance fees may not be enough to keep Masterton's 139-year-old A&P Show from coming to an end.

A disappointing turnout to this year's event at Solway Showgrounds on Saturday have organisers questioning the feasibility of running the annual show."

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

A vocal critic of proposed racing industry reforms remained upbeat after submitting to Parliament on proposals in the Racing Industry Bill.

Stratford Racing Club (SRC) committee member Murray Blue presented a submission to the Infrastructure and Transport Select Committee on behalf of the racing club and Stratford community.   

The Government should be "ashamed of itself " to propose the Bill, he told the committee.

He said the government should be mandating for fair and equitable treatment for all participants in the industry, instead of "legalising the confiscation and theft of community assets", and ensure clubs are treated fairly by return of earnings. 

Blue said four of the Bill's proposals should be scrapped including the confiscation of club property, and club constitutions being transferred to New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR).

Club properties were community assets paid for by the community, not assets to be owned to the racing industry, he said.  (NZTR PAYS ALL STAKES ) he forgets this .

The club was one of the top commercially performing race courses for the TAB in off-course and fixed odds turnovers, he said. (DOUBTFUL give them a meeting in the middle of winter)

The SRC lost its racing licence to hold the Christmas annual meeting which was transferred to New Plymouth.

On course turnover at the December 29 meeting in New Plymouth fell from $124,000 to $101,000, while total turnover was down 28.4 per cent from $1.31m to $940,000.

OK , TURNOVER DOWN but I suspect when upkeep is taken into account the club will be better off . 

Now let's face it Stratford has had a premium date , if they were to stay give them a meeting in the middle of winter and see what happens . The world has changed and it's not just racing  .

" Sweeping changes and nominal entrance fees may not be enough to keep Masterton's 139-year-old A&P Show from coming to an end.

A disappointing turnout to this year's event at Solway Showgrounds on Saturday have organisers questioning the feasibility of running the annual show."

You conveniently leave out the contribution the Stratford Racing Club MAKES TO TO THE WHOLE INDUSTRY BY  training  eighty plus horses .

one trainer I believe has 50 horses on her books .

Now tell me TRIPLE ALLIANCE how are you going to quantify and qualify compensation for that trainer if Stratford has to close completely.

its no fault of hers or the Stratford Racing Club this is going to happen.

9 hours ago, Whyisit said:

You conveniently leave out the contribution the Stratford Racing Club MAKES TO TO THE WHOLE INDUSTRY BY  training  eighty plus horses .

Now tell me TRIPLE ALLIANCE how are you going to quantify and qualify compensation for that trainer if Stratford has to close completely.

Blue made no mention of horses in training at Stratford and I  don't believe any single trainer has 50 in work . When Stratford is sold any horses trained there will just move elsewhere so the reality is that has no bearing on the contribution made . How will the Stratford RC survive if it keeps Stratford and races else where , maintaining Stratford alone will be a big expense .

Compensation , zero but no doubt facility's will be made available else where . People have change forced on them every day , that's life , no different to a manufacturer moving or closing down and staff having to change what they are doing .

One things for sure racing is doomed without restructuring  , burying your head in the sand won't make the problem go away . As for me I'm to old to worry (like many others) about the future of racing , whatever is done will take time and that's running out for me and racing .

9 hours ago, Whyisit said:

50 horses in work? yeah right, 50 on books possible, some 18 years old?

Good on him and others for speaking out on the issues, good to see the south islanders represented to, the decision to relocate should be left to the clubs , just as was pointed out by the Wyndham club and also winton, as for the asset grab, that's quite a shocking to be fair.