RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

C. S. Hayes Stakes........

8 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Should have stayed with j Mac. At least he would have learned something from the first ride. I see Lane making excuses for the ride. He should have done better from that draw.

And I dont back Kiwi horses with Oz jockeys.

Then you would have missed some nice collects! 

Best vets in Australia.....

Catalyst sent to vet clinic following Australian Guineas

By James Lamb 
Catalyst Catalyst Image: Getty
A start in the $5 million All-Star Mile looks in serious doubt for Kiwi galloper Catalyst, who is being assessed by vets for a back issue.

The Chipperfield galloper finished a disappointing sixth, beaten 4.3L, in the G1 Australian Guineas (1600m) at Flemington on Saturday, but was initially cleared of injury post-race.

"He's pulled up bright, we will see how he eats up," Chipperfield said following the event.

"Damian Lane said the race wasn't run to suit. He was a little lost once asked for that effort in the last 200m."

However, the son of Darci Brahma has since been transported to the Ballarat Vet Clinic due to discomfort in his 'back area'.

Catalyst has blown to $15 with TAB for the All-Star Mile, with the event less than two weeks away. 

Meanwhile, fellow Guineas runner Alabama Express is also in the hands of vets after he failed to beat a runner home on Saturday.

Like Catalyst, he was cleared of any obvious abnormalities post-race, but is now being treated for a possible virus.

Trainer Mike Moroney claims the three-year-old has not been eating, and is dehydrated, since the underwhelming performance.

Jockey Michael Dee described Alabama Express' last-placing as “too bad to be true”.

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Should have stayed with j Mac. At least he would have learned something from the first ride. I see Lane making excuses for the ride. He should have done better from that draw.

And I dont back Kiwi horses with Oz jockeys.

So you would back J Macc on a kiwi horse but not Bowman on a kiwi horse . Yet both have ridden predominantly in NSW/ VIC in past many years . Would J Macc get more out of Kiwi horse than a Bowman  or any other top 10 OZ jocks .J Macc gets more out of horse than most but so much more than Bowman than you'd disregard Bowman on same horse .

Catalyst being investigated to find out what went wrong on Saturday - not being treated for anything, yet .... but I suspect he will be after investigation as Saturday was too bad to be true..... Though AB is a cracker 

17 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Catalyst being investigated to find out what went wrong on Saturday - not being treated for anything, yet .... but I suspect he will be after investigation as Saturday was too bad to be true..... Though AB is a cracker 

It was a rough old race Tom. Chenier nearly fell, Catalyst obviously bruised, and Soul Patch damaged tendons so now retired.

On 3/3/2020 at 1:41 PM, Red Rum said:

So you would back J Macc on a kiwi horse but not Bowman on a kiwi horse . Yet both have ridden predominantly in NSW/ VIC in past many years . Would J Macc get more out of Kiwi horse than a Bowman  or any other top 10 OZ jocks .J Macc gets more out of horse than most but so much more than Bowman than you'd disregard Bowman on same horse .

Another reason is J Mac has had a big holiday for being naughty and he would have learned from that..

RR I have had experience of poor rides in big races in oz.

51 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Another reason is J Mac has had a big holiday for being naughty and he would have learned from that..

RR I have had experience of poor rides in big races in oz.

To be fair iam a  fanboy of Dettori and Moore but they have botched a few in OZ too. Jamie Spencer a favorite of mine , rode the OZ jocks to sleep a few times but he is a master of disaster sometimes . All top ones have bad days.