CT"s

C. S. Hayes Stakes........

93 posts in this topic

And the money continues to come for AB.

In to $2.10 Fixed now! :o

That’s not your money is it Ernie? :ph34r:

I don’t think these Aussies know just how good this boy is. Could be the first and last time you’ll get a price like this for Catalyst. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a bit of Rain in Melb for today and tomorrow. I’m not concerned about tomorrow - I think the Aust Guineas will be a better race for Catalyst. Don’t undersell AB - the Stable certainly are not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, arjay said:

Can race times really be counted. 1.20 for 1400 is sure flying. Today at Riccarton the horse live drama ran1.07.76 winning the 1200 1st race. I do think 1.08.89 is fast at Ellerslie, so begs a question is 1.20 fast at the gold coast?

1400m course record at AQUIS Park (Gold Coast) is about 1:20.3 however, I believe where Alligator Blood is really good is that he can race handy and put in some pretty quick sectionals. He will look the winner 150m from the post and will run the last 600m around the 34 mark. The question is can Catalyst run him down or can AB keep up the momentum and win? Then there’s Soul Patch - a serious racehorse ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trump said:

1400m course record at AQUIS Park (Gold Coast) is about 1:20.3 however, I believe where Alligator Blood is really good is that he can race handy and put in some pretty quick sectionals. He will look the winner 150m from the post and will run the last 600m around the 34 mark. The question is can Catalyst run him down or can AB keep up the momentum and win? Then there’s Soul Patch - a serious racehorse ! 

The same day the course record was run by an average horse the 1Winners went 1.21.2 . ...Riccarton must of seen 100s breaking 1.08...Tempo of this race will be key but it looks like Catalyst has the better sprint but we havnt seen it at the end of a solid mile.In saying that Harlech produced a similar sprint at Riccarton before being run over by Travelling light.Soul Patch...interesting alright Trump :rcfe-like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gruff said:

The same day the course record was run by an average horse the 1Winners went 1.21.2 . ...Riccarton must of seen 100s breaking 1.08...Tempo of this race will be key but it looks like Catalyst has the better sprint but we havnt seen it at the end of a solid mile.In saying that Harlech produced a similar sprint at Riccarton before being run over by Travelling light.Soul Patch...interesting alright Trump :rcfe-like:

It’s 1400m tomorrow and pissing down. I like Catalyst in the Aust Guineas over 1600m but tomorrow over 1400m? I think AB will win. But Then again,  I could be wrong...that’s racing :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catalysts only run on a slow track (raceday)was in a maiden 2yo at Taranaki,won running away untested bettering the Open Class time with a 3 len  faster 600m. Was an overcast day so not sure how the track deteriorated in under two hours ? Catalyst is on the drift for some reason, but a slower track over 1400 m isnt it surely  Trump ? If the horse is there to win it should :rcfe-like:  Alligator Shoes :rcf-thinking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Sadly Catalyst was fucked once Tommo climbed on board 

Iam sure CT lumped on that Chenier when it got beat Sandown last April , iam sure the ticket got posted on here . 

Three cracking horses. 

Thought your horse was a chance at one point today , nice run .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Trump said:

He’s probably on the drift because wise people know how good the crocodile is..

Your telling us Catalyst beats AB in the Guineas yet the wise ones know how good AB is :rcf-thinking-1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Iam sure CT lumped on that Chenier when it got beat Sandown last April , iam sure the ticket got posted on here . 

Three cracking horses. 

Thought your horse was a chance at one point today , nice run .

You swap the runs Chenier/ Catalyst is the result any different ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

Over the mile on a better track it will be different. Probably just blew out that last bit today. Right on track.

Regardless of the Conjecture the Race delivered. lets see if Alligator draws the outside next time :rcfe-like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gruff said:

You swap the runs Chenier/ Catalyst is the result any different ? 

 Chenier looks a big bugger , no trial , big lay off , 3rd career run against hardened geldings who've got some rounds under belt . I would have to look again but didn't look unduly punished once it obvious chance had gone . I know it got weight but it must improve lengths on that . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now