RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

C. S. Hayes Stakes........

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

How many beers you had today fella !!!!!

The Catalyst will be the one, he’s the big improver and Chenier is far worse off weight wise in the Guineas 

Ridden patiently ( hopefully from a good draw ) the little Kiwi will flog the Aussie pretenders 

History has been made... the Mustelid agrees with p4p. Catalyst came into that race off the back of a trip overseas, giving weight, unfamiliar with Flemington, with an unfamiliar jock aboard, covered more ground, and is likely to go better at the longer trip. 

On 2/16/2020 at 6:45 AM, poundforpound said:

It’s incredibly hard to sprint twice in a race, as in the first furlong and the last furlong

If he gets a draw, and does no work early, next time you’ll see his withering sprint.

He’s the real deal

Have to disagree

It basically turned out a 300m sprint race. so as it turns out the first 2 in the running had the best runs, coming home the last  600 in 33.31 faster

than the open sprinters hence the back markers had no show.

The Caufield Guineas replay will show the first 2 home are far from certain to run the quinella next time.

8 hours ago, poundforpound said:

How many beers you had today fella !!!!!

The Catalyst will be the one, he’s the big improver and Chenier is far worse off weight wise in the Guineas 

Ridden patiently ( hopefully from a good draw ) the little Kiwi will flog the Aussie pretenders 

It was warm at golf today Peefor, so GNT was the go on course with plenty of ice and lemon! Just beware my friend - blind faith has brought many a person unstuck! I think Chenier is the main threat to Alligator in the Guineas. If Catalyst does the job - I’ll still be happy with the $4.60 I backed him at. But I’m worried :( 

And just like that, he’s in! B)

Top 10 for the All Star Mile

Alligator Blood

Aristia

Catalyst

Dalasan

Heart of Puissance

Kolding

Melody Belle

Mr Quickie

Star Missile

Super Seth

What a field??! Quality personified. B)

But first, the entree of the Guineas. ;)

Guineas field looks like it’s going to be a select one similar to the C.S. Hayes (perhaps 7 or 8 runners).

Fingers crossed Catalyst draws inside AB and we get to see his turn of foot this time. B)

6 hours ago, CT"s said:

Guineas field looks like it’s going to be a select one similar to the C.S. Hayes (perhaps 7 or 8 runners).

Fingers crossed Catalyst draws inside AB and we get to see his turn of foot this time. B)

sorry, but all this hyped-up nonsense about the Draw (insIde or outside AB) is CRAP. If Catalyst is good enough, he'll win. End of story.. 

Especially in a field of 7 or 8. They race at set weights, both have to handle the same conditions - if it's wet an outside draw might help the horse with the wider draw, and vice versa.

HOW WELL they jump is a different matter. Dunn and the horse! wont want to be half-asleep at the get-go. But it's 1600m, not 1400m...and I have a feeling Catalyst will outlast AB, whatever the outcome of the first 200m. Exciting times!

6 hours ago, CT"s said:

If Catalyst draws the inside he’ll be blocked in. I’d like to see him mid field. AB is a very special horse and he will be hard to run down. If they’re talking Cox Plates over 2040m, the 1600m at FLEMINGTON will be a breeze. The opposition are lucky the race is not at Caulfield - the most bias race track in Melbourne - if not Oz! A front runners paradise. The good thing about The Gator is that if necessary, he can sit back in 5th or 6th spot. Watch his GC MM win.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

If Catalyst draws the inside he’ll be blocked in. I’d like to see him mid field. AB is a very special horse and he will be hard to run down. If they’re talking Cox Plates over 2040m, the 1600m at FLEMINGTON will be a breeze. The opposition are lucky the race is not at Caulfield - the most bias race track in Melbourne - if not Oz! A front runners paradise. The good thing about The Gator is that if necessary, he can sit back in 5th or 6th spot. Watch his GC MM win.

why on earth would Catalyst be 'blocked in' from the inside draw? He has the speed to lead if desired. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Mmmm...Catalyst ran his last 600 in 32.19 when he easily won the Group 1 in NZ.

Super Seth only had to go 35.22 to beat AB. Still keen Trumpy....? :P

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Mmmm...Catalyst ran his last 600 in 32.19 when he won the Group 1. Super Seth only had to go 35.22 to beat AB. Still keen Trumpy....? :P

Forget the times in NZ Ohokason. The Telegraph winners always run extraordinary times but can’t blow smoke up anyones arse anywhere else in the world. Times mean nothing in the heat of battle. If Catalyst was the “Superstar “ a lot of you are espousing, then why couldn’t he run down Alligator Blood after The Gator did it from end to end last start?

Just now, Ohokaman said:

Mmmm...Catalyst ran his last 600 in 32.19 when he won the Group 1. Super Seth only had to go 35.22 to beat AB. Still keen Trumpy....? :P

Harlech ran only fractionally slower in that race after getting hampered Hokesy then went out and got outsprinted by Travelling light. Track was more conducive that day and i remember seeing a sub 32 at Riccarton around that time. Time and place

Looked to me like Vandyke was just  a little unsure if Aliblood had peaked on Racing.Com interview ?  See what Damian Lane says tomorrow after Catalysts work Trump ,but writing is on the wall by the look :rcf-thinking:

53 minutes ago, Trump said:

Forget the times in NZ Ohokason. The Telegraph winners always run extraordinary times but can’t blow smoke up anyones arse anywhere else in the world. Times mean nothing in the heat of battle. If Catalyst was the “Superstar “ a lot of you are espousing, then why couldn’t he run down Alligator Blood after The Gator did it from end to end last start?

Lots of reasons...track, weight, first up, better from behind..etc etc.....we’ll see on Saturday....;)

As expected only an 8 horse field for the Guineas. 

Catalyst draws perfectly at 4 with AB again drawn inside him at 2. 

Looks like it could be a repeat of the C.S. Hayes with AB leading and Catalyst taking a sit (hopefully one out one back).

Back to level weights 3rd up with an extra 2 weeks to acclimatise here he will be primed! B)

Here’s the field:

AB (2)

Dalasan (3)

Alabama Express (6)

Catalyst (4)

Soul Patch (1)

Super Storm (7)

Chenier (5)

Commodus (8)

On 2/25/2020 at 10:22 PM, Trump said:

1) only  just arrived in Oz

2_ covered more ground

3 gave weight to the winner

4 not best distance

5 not at peak fitness

counting down to the moment of truth Flemington 1600m, third-up. Whatever he draws ...no excuses

MM

On 2/11/2020 at 6:19 AM, poundforpound said:

Oh dear ... surely you meant “a hair in Jennifer Eccles tail” ...haven’t we dealt with you propensity to exaggerate before, particularly around the activities of family members ? ( nice filly though, and a great name )

As for Catalyst, he’ll destroy your best, on the bridle, and that’s why Super Seth is very sensibly looking elsewhere for opportunities 

Now off you go and do something useful, like catch corona virus 

This catalyst post continues to age well... ;)

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Indeed it is 

I don’t often criticise jockeys but I have to say Catalyst didn’t get much of a ride

No pace in the race but they rode him back ... bit odd whomever devised those tactics, then realising he was in the shit off a slow tempo Lane attacked across the top, 5 wide and sprinting in the anaerobic zone 600 from home ... against a great sprinter who’d gone the short way round 

He’d have to break 32 to win that from there and there’s not a horse in the world who can do that 

As for his action, of course he changed legs, his muscles were burning with acid build up

Be interesting to see the tactics next start. 
Ride him back and hope someone softens AB up I’d have thought, but even then you’d hope the beating last Saturday didn’t fry Catalyst’s brains and cause long term damage

Thank God for Te Akau saving us from total humiliation 

Spot on. Alligator Blood ran the last 600 in 33.59 in front after getting a breather mid race so was always going to be hard to beat.

Clayton says it was more lack of concentration than anything.....blinkers going back on.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/blinkers-back-on-catalyst-in-all-star-mile-20200302

Should have stayed with j Mac. At least he would have learned something from the first ride. I see Lane making excuses for the ride. He should have done better from that draw.

And I dont back Kiwi horses with Oz jockeys.