RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

C. S. Hayes Stakes........

56 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Flemington hasnt been a good stomping ground for Kiwis generally under Two miles, is this an exception ? Throw the $1000 on CT , has a 32.16 on the CV and will need it here .Go Kiwi :rcfe-like:

My old man (who owns the tail of Jennifer Eccles) was on course at Ellerslie when he won his most recent start. 
Takes a good horse to win from where he was, particularly with 60 kilos Gruffy!

I think he’ll measure up over here. He seems to have settled in well. J Mac is an added bonus too. He will get every chance. ;)

22 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Particularly if Super Seth goes to the Futurity instead. He’s a serious racehorse.

Super Seth off to the Futurity as expected.

Catalyst crunched into $2.70 Fixed. 

How good was Nature Strip’s jump out down the Flemington straight this morning??! He’s absolutely flying! :)

A huge day of racing coming up at Headquarters. B)

He completed his first piece of fast work this morning on the course proper and he looks in outstanding order. Full credit to Clayton Chipperfield. 

He’s copped the visitor’s draw (8 of 8) but I actually like that. Pull him back to the rear from the barrier J Mac then release the shackles at the clock tower and let him do his thing. B)

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Please dear god don't you dare tip him......:rcfe-happy-2:

Too late. Already have. :D

It’ll be a good test for him up against AB & Dalasan but I think has the X factor to be competitive over here. ;)

That Ellerslie win was very impressive. B)

Last time I saw a really good New Zealand three year old go to Aussie it was O'Reilly.  His win in The Telegraph was awesome.  And he got beat in the Guineas there.

I so dearly hope Catalyst does not let us down.  His efforts, so far,  have been awesome.

2 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Last time I saw a really good New Zealand three year old go to Aussie it was O'Reilly.  His win in The Telegraph was awesome.  And he got beat in the Guineas there.

I so dearly hope Catalyst does not let us down.  His efforts, so far,  have been awesome.

Hopefully the Guineas is a clean race this year. When O’Reilly ran the winner was later found to have raced with illegal substances which were not detectable by testing at that time. 

8 hours ago, CT"s said:

He completed his first piece of fast work this morning on the course proper and he looks in outstanding order. Full credit to Clayton Chipperfield.

Except the gallop was on the inside grass when I saw it. Not the course proper.

I’m always a bit wary when horses are taken out of their normal racing pattern. In the case of Alligator Blood, he will jump from the 1 and sit in the first 4 for certain. He can even lead and control the pace, slow it down mid race and make it a sprint home. Catalyst seems to like racing at the back of the field and will have to deal with the pace dictated to him. If JMAc tries to change the way he races, he may become unstuck. I think it’s a race in two - AB and Catalyst. But over 1600m in the Aust Guineas, I think Catalyst would maybe have an edge. It’s going to be a race of tactics and AB will dictate the terms of Saturday’s race. 

3 hours ago, Trump said:

I’m always a bit wary when horses are taken out of their normal racing pattern. In the case of Alligator Blood, he will jump from the 1 and sit in the first 4 for certain. He can even lead and control the pace, slow it down mid race and make it a sprint home. Catalyst seems to like racing at the back of the field and will have to deal with the pace dictated to him. If JMAc tries to change the way he races, he may become unstuck. I think it’s a race in two - AB and Catalyst. But over 1600m in the Aust Guineas, I think Catalyst would maybe have an edge. It’s going to be a race of tactics and AB will dictate the terms of Saturday’s race. 

Cataylst can lead, just look at the HB Guineas, although he started slowly as well, but there's no reason if the pace buttons off he can't make a mid race move. In fact looking at his races I think he is better in front out of trouble and maybe some aggression out of the gates wouldn't be the worst thing rather than letting him flop out of the gates and settle last then expecting him to sprint from last at the 600m. Neither trainers will want their horses to have gut busters though since there are bigger fish to fry in coming weeks. 

Big Parade scratched. 

Catalyst will now jump from barrier 7. B)

Glorious day in Melbourne today 29 and sunny.  They might get a bit of rain tomorrow and Saturday but the track shouldn’t be affected. 

Not much between them on exposed form IMO. Both have been impressive in a number of runs.

Alligator Blood ran a tick over 1.20 for 1400m when winning that race at the Gold Coast, and that after being held up in traffic after that tanker rolled so it was a creditworthy performance....whether he beat anything of note is another thing, but he ran time.

Catalyst didn’t beat much at Ellerslie either but ran 1.08 carrying 60kg after giving them a start. Think Flemington will suit him.

With the lure of the All Star Mile on the horizon, and votes needed, both will want to make a statement on Saturday. Should be a cracker.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Alligator Blood is vulnerable on a big track with a long straight, and beyond 1400m.

Look at the Caulfield Guineas, he walked the last 100m ....other than that his form is Queensland / Gold Coast and nothing good comes out of Queensland, except you Ernie....Queensland is just a sunny place for shady people to hide in, amongst the reptiles, snakes and lizards 

Catalyst will give AB a virus as he breezes by the last 200m.......

Catalyst may be too good - however, AB has raced in much tougher company. He wasn’t quite ready for the Caul Guineas and went too soon. His MM win was super impressive and I “know” what the Stable’s opinion of this horse is. They are even thinking of the Cox Plate. As for FLEMINGTON, it often suits horses racing close to the pace. It will be interesting but if Catalyst can win easily, then my $4.60 in the Aust Guineas is looking sweet :) 

6 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Not much between them on exposed form IMO. Both have been impressive in a number of runs.

Alligator Blood ran a tick over 1.20 for 1400m when winning that race at the Gold Coast, and that after being held up in traffic after that tanker rolled so it was a creditworthy performance....whether he beat anything of note is another thing, but he ran time.

Catalyst didn’t beat much at Ellerslie either but ran 1.08 carrying 60kg after giving them a start. Think Flemington will suit him.

With the lure of the All Star Mile on the horizon, and votes needed, both will want to make a statement on Saturday. Should be a cracker.

Can race times really be counted. 1.20 for 1400 is sure flying. Today at Riccarton the horse live drama ran1.07.76 winning the 1200 1st race. I do think 1.08.89 is fast at Ellerslie, so begs a question is 1.20 fast at the gold coast?

And the money continues to come for AB.

In to $2.10 Fixed now! :o

That’s not your money is it Ernie? :ph34r:

I don’t think these Aussies know just how good this boy is. Could be the first and last time you’ll get a price like this for Catalyst. B)

23 hours ago, arjay said:

Can race times really be counted. 1.20 for 1400 is sure flying. Today at Riccarton the horse live drama ran1.07.76 winning the 1200 1st race. I do think 1.08.89 is fast at Ellerslie, so begs a question is 1.20 fast at the gold coast?

1400m course record at AQUIS Park (Gold Coast) is about 1:20.3 however, I believe where Alligator Blood is really good is that he can race handy and put in some pretty quick sectionals. He will look the winner 150m from the post and will run the last 600m around the 34 mark. The question is can Catalyst run him down or can AB keep up the momentum and win? Then there’s Soul Patch - a serious racehorse !