RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Incompetent Unit

I've no Idea  the rights and wrongs of the investigation , nor do I want to know or should I know  . It is all playing out through the legal avenues I would assume . However NZTR  surely  cannot really have a horse running that is so obviously taking the mick out of the authority charged with regulating the whole show , it undermines what credibility racing has left here . I am sure those involved either side have strong feelings but for good of sport imho it's the right decision. 

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Sometimes you’re such a dickhead RR

If the RIU had no insecurities they wouldn’t care, it’s bizarre that they’d even get involved, so unprofessional.
You should be asking yourself why the RIU is so vulnerable to criticism, so sensitive, and why do so many racing people who deal with them become so disenchanted and disillusioned ?

That’s not to say they’re all bad, or liars, or fabricators of evidence, or just plain thick and uneducated in important matters, but the one or two that are ruin the reputation of that whole organization, and they damage hard working licensees in the process.

They also tarnish irreparably the reputations of those who do have integrity and work within that organization. 

Until Operation Inca is stopped the RIU deserves everything it gets by way of criticism, which is not to say Operation Inca is their only flaw, but it’s their worst and it’s corrupting the entire unit.

You are one of many who have come to the conclusion iam a dickhead at times so not going to argue that point .

On the point of horse names , part of  rules would likely be nothing derogatory . If this name is indeed intended to denigrate a whole organisation imho it's correct it's been put on banned list .

The rights and wrongs of whole saga I don't know  but surely there's a review process at the end and that's the correct avenue  .To have licenced people involved in the running of a horse that is named to undermine a whole  organisation that is  paid to keep industry on straight and narrow does not seem right and may put those licenced persons in an embarrassing situation that for all we know they don't want to be in .

If the regulatory authority need a review racing people should push for it as part of reforms . In the meantime if it's denigrated to such an extent the possibility is people  could decide not to contact them over matters they should know about such as welfare , drug use etc  that cannot happen for sake of horses and people involved , there is a bigger picture . Iam told tens thousands make living out industry so it's not a vehicle for a few people's view however valid it may be .

That horse wins a Derby , the publicity could make the  racing industry  as a whole look unprofessional  to Joe Bloggs . 

How precious of the RIU to heavy NZTR into scratching Incompetent Unit today. Presumptive as well. Look at his breeding. By Highly Recommended out of Street Siren. This could equally suggest an army reference. Just saying!

How is anyone going to prove what the intention of the name was? I can think of many incompetent unit's. Scratching it has given the name a notoriety that would not have happened if it was left  unmentioned and we would have all had a chuckle and moved on

46 minutes ago, gubellini said:

How precious of the RIU to heavy NZTR into scratching Incompetent Unit today. Presumptive as well. Look at his breeding. By Highly Recommended out of Street Siren. This could equally suggest an army reference. Just saying!

How you getting the name out of the breeding ? . Street Siren ? 

If I was dealing with it I would have an quick enquiry , get on record the reasoning behind name from person who named it  . If it's due to breeding or some other reason not derogatory , not aimed at a person or organisation , sign a statement to that end and then surely it's free to go no issues  . If of course later the owners use name to denigrate a whole branch of the organisation it shows them more as chumps than the organisation. 

12 minutes ago, GOM said:

How is anyone going to prove what the intention of the name was? I can think of many incompetent unit's. Scratching it has given the name a notoriety that would not have happened if it was left  unmentioned and we would have all had a chuckle and moved on

To be fair GOM , I am coming at this thread from the obvious angle of they have asked this question of the person naming the beast and were not happy with answer  . A scratch without the question being put on that person would seem odd .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

To be fair GOM , I am coming at this thread from the obvious angle of they have asked this question of the person naming the beast and were not happy with answer  . A scratch without the question being put on that person would seem odd .

If the RIU have requested the scratching without asking that question then they will have proved that the name should apply to them.

6 minutes ago, Leggy said:

If the RIU have requested the scratching without asking that question then they will have proved that the name should apply to them.

Yes , that would put a different spin on it . Send an investigator or stipe . Speak to person who named it . Get the reasoning on record and away it goes . If he or she says I am doing it to take mick out of whole organisation then ban it , if it's because it's 25 generations back on sireline  side is named after the general than planned the Battle of the Somme then it's a goer surely . Then it's there on record .

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

This also reminds me of the well known and well informed racing owner administrator who wanted to race a horse named “ I raced ninety “

NZTR wouldn’t approve that so it was referred to The Integrity Committee of NZTR and they eventually agreed to allow the horse to be called I Raced Fifty 

As it transpired the 50 was correct as proved when the Racing Incompetence Unit charged Kevin Morton and the man who claimed he’d raced 90 was proven wrong, and humiliated. 

When I read this post I had a real feeling of Deja Vu . Then I scrolled through thread again .

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

Bloody fat fingers pasting things accidentally

Now Leggy, here’s a job for you given you have a keen brain and you’re well read 

I’m told the Racing Amendment Bill will expand the RIU powers and remove the JCA as judge and jury

That‘s a very scary thought having more power invested in an incompetent unit that ( only some members of ) has no compunction about lying, orchestrating evidence, and manipulating expert witnesses to fabricate evidence

I’m also told they’ve appointed yet another ex cop  to head the new expanded RIU, a chap named Burgess from Wanaka ( not judging him yet of course, he may be what we need to make these other boof heads lift their game ) 

Anyway Leggy can you check the new legislation and comment on what I’ve heard, and God forbid if it’s true 

Before I do that, I need to correct you. The horse was called

Eye Raced Ninety (NZ) 2011 8YO b g

Won a race too.

Red Rum I suppose your only encounter with a Street Siren was when you were taking a late night stroll through Soho! Watch any American contemporary war movie and there will be three elements- innocent victims, gunfire and street sirens wailing in the background.

26 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I’m told the Racing Amendment Bill will expand the RIU powers and remove the JCA as judge and jury

That‘s a very scary thought having more power invested in an incompetent unit that ( only some members of ) has no compunction about lying, orchestrating evidence, and manipulating expert witnesses to fabricate evidence

'Tis true that the Bill as it stands will replace the RIU with the Racing Integrity Board which aside from the former functions of the RIU will also be responsible for appointing Judicial Committees and Appeals Tribunals.

6 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Red Rum I suppose your only encounter with a Street Siren was when you were taking a late night stroll through Soho! Watch any American contemporary war movie and there will be three elements- innocent victims, gunfire and street sirens wailing in the background.

So a street siren that didn't work might be described as an incompetent unit?