RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Leo Molloy - Not Guilty!

47 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Six breaches and this one makes headlines....funny that.  Joke really, thousands know who he is courtesy of UK papers. Good to see you on form Leo.....;).

NZ Herald reporter Sam Hurley says Molloy had an air of confidence about him in the Auckland District Court today..

He dressed up for the occasion and dismissed reporters rather flippantly as he left.

19 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Good on you Leo , the bastard should have been towed through the streets of Auckland behind a chariot and hung up. 

I disagree. He should have been given a long holiday in the Far North Qld Daintree Forest area - with a pup tent for accommodation on the banks of the Daintree River. It’s a crocodile infested area. 

Leo Molloy (Memories)

Leo did me proud..... One ride one win, my first..... He had a bad check during the race, but got up to win by a neck at Motukarara.                                     I had a $100 each way at TAB the day before... which was worth near $3000 for a winning stake of $450 in the race..... I had another $200 to put on race day but was being watched by too many as I left bird cage asking why it opened up so short, so never put that on. The odds were much better at start time however. Leo was to ride again for me at Trentham but broke his leg in a race fall at Greymouth the day before.

Easy, gentlemen, easy...please don't confuse name suppression for the convicted killer with leniency. He will be sentenced on 21 Feb. While it is frustrating for us all to see this as apparent 'protection' for a murderer, there are ALWAYS reasons why judges allow name suppression to be continued. We have to have faith in the wisdom and integrity of the judge - that's why he is there! 

The matter of revealing a name that has a Court Order of suppression is a serious issue, as Leo will no doubt find out in May, if not before - whether or not he is 'guilty as charged'. I expect dealing with the issue will become time consuming, costly and stressful.

How can someone be found guilty of contempt for disobeying a name suppression order, when the name is on the friggin World Wide Web for all to see?? They are pulling themselves with such an archaic law. If it’s been exposed on the WWW then how can someone be accused of revealing it?? Crazy! 

26 minutes ago, Trump said:

How can someone be found guilty of contempt for disobeying a name suppression order, when the name is on the friggin World Wide Web for all to see?? They are pulling themselves with such an archaic law. If it’s been exposed on the WWW then how can someone be accused of revealing it?? Crazy! 

Probably his defence. 

34 minutes ago, Trump said:

Easily , NZ law is law in NZ .

Imagine if someone was court doing 160k an hour on the Auckland expressway , do you think a defence stating the autobahn in Germany  has no speed limit therefore  we can travel as fast as we like in NZ , I don't think that defence would succeed .

Now a severe penalty in the contempt case would seem a little harsh but let's see what happens .

14 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Easily , NZ law is law in NZ .

Imagine if someone was court doing 160k an hour on the Auckland expressway , do you think a defence stating the autobahn in Germany  has no speed limit therefore  we can travel as fast as we like in NZ , I don't think that defence would succeed .

Now a severe penalty in the contempt case would seem a little harsh but let's see what happens .

Your logic is questionable and far from reality. Two different scenarios. If the World Wide Web has revealed a fact, then it’s in the public arena already! It’s already revealed for everyone to see, read, etc. it’s not a secret. The suppression laws are archaic in this day and age and far from the reality of the 21st century. 

51 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Tripple Alliance,

I believe your time would be better spent writing press releases for the Green Party.

Your sense of logic matches theirs, to a tee.

Well lets try this and see how we go , your green comment  is a savage blow , the greens are lower than a set of snakes balls .

Now if a name is published in the GB papers you would have to go looking for it and know where to look , the average NZer would only find out by chance .

When its published in NZ on a popular site very few will miss it , there it is right in front of you , this name quickly spreads .

Now I don't want to see a conviction but a court order is a court order and the judge will have known the brits would publish it but still issued the order , from what I  have read there are other cases involving this character  pending , that's why the name was supressed .