RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Grannie Herald Shows It's Colours

Could signal how few of the public (including those that work at the Herald) know harness racing exists. The average person in Hamilton wouldn't have known the Jewels were on last time round. How to get good media coverage to attract new fans from outside is a challenge. 

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Article in their site today re canning of the Jardine futurity at Cambridge - accompanied by a photo of thoroughbreds.      This shows their dedication to racing.     

You had to dig deep on website to find that eljay........plus its obviously an overseas photo as well.

The actual newspaper article had no photo.

TM - I can't take all the credit.   It was pointed out to me.   But your comment is very pertinent.   If they want you to read their publication but then hide stuff away like this and then also want you to pay to read it belies logic to me.   

I might suggest to Cambridge that they consider changing the futurity to trotters. Most trotters don't start racing till late 3yos and only get serious as 4yos. But there there are no premium races for them in the NI apart from the Jewels and open class races against the big guns.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:40 AM, eljay said:

TM - I can't take all the credit.   It was pointed out to me.   But your comment is very pertinent.   If they want you to read their publication but then hide stuff away like this and then also want you to pay to read it belies logic to me.   

Ah, but that’s for Premium reporting LJ......the obvious inference being the usual reporting is crap......:rolleyes: