RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Waikato RC - Legends Day Saturday

The public bar at Matamata used to have sawdust on the floor.  That was about 60 years ago.  I was too young to use the bar but saw it when on a clean up working bee, the day after the races.  That building was pulled down many years ago and it is now the site of Te Akau's stables.

Why would you stay at the races? Seriously? Are you lot members in the elite lounge? No seats, no service, no tap beer, no food, no sky sport, no wifi, pretty much no welcome. Why would a fan or customer want to stay at the races once the horses are finished. Went to the Te Tapa Tavern straight after the last. Go a seat, a jug, sport on TV, could take my glass outside and a free sauasge in bread. The bartender even asked about my day was. 

11 minutes ago, Big Boned said:

Why would you stay at the races? Seriously? Are you lot members in the elite lounge? No seats, no service, no tap beer, no food, no sky sport, no wifi, pretty much no welcome. Why would a fan or customer want to stay at the races once the horses are finished. Went to the Te Tapa Tavern straight after the last. Go a seat, a jug, sport on TV, could take my glass outside and a free sauasge in bread. The bartender even asked about my day was. 

Well their were plenty still wanting a roader before the last race.

A couple of us had been down the stalls drying horses off after races 7 & 8 ...we wanted to dry off too with a quick drink with connections before leaving.

Nope bars closed get out. :rolleyes::angry:

Tim does it really well at the TeRapa Tavern.

Have to agree, bar staff at TeRapa are far from welcoming, and yes come the last race, all they want to do is shut up shop and piss off.

A lot of this has happened since the independent caterers have been involved at the track, there is so much room for improvement.