slam dunk

Climate Change Racemeeting.

108 posts in this topic

Here is a tip for a progressive club or clubs possibly a world first.

Run a CLIMATE CHANGE RACEMEETING both to raise awareness and promote specific action. A sort of event wouldn't be hard to get Luke and the BGP group involved.

We constantly hear about the need to make racing appealing to young people well this is the chance.

Target students.   Align with a University.   Promote an event e.g. a Climate Change Conference. There is one in Palmerston North end of March coinciding with the Sires Produce day and a Friday Awapuni meeting. Clubs could combine . e.g. Auckland Racing club has a charity day end of March.

Raise some money for Australian fire victims preferably involved within Racing Industry.

Allow climate change activists oncourse with displays etc. and get Trackside offering free exposure . Get some involvement from Fire Fighting Industry.

Plenty potential sponsors e.g. major national legal firms. Some have partners on racing committees.

Use the theme of URGENCY to advantage.

Make full use of voluntary help.

Don't make the event a cynical method of increasing betting turnover.

Get suppliers of products or services to use as prizes for oncourse betting competition where money can be raised at least nominally for Australia bush fire appeals.

Use social media to full advantage.

The negative is do nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Here is a tip for a progressive club or clubs possibly a world first.

Run a CLIMATE CHANGE RACEMEETING both to raise awareness and promote specific action. A sort of event wouldn't be hard to get Luke and the BGP group involved.

We constantly hear about the need to make racing appealing to young people well this is the chance.

Target students.   Align with a University.   Promote an event e.g. a Climate Change Conference. There is one in Palmerston North end of March coinciding with the Sires Produce day and a Friday Awapuni meeting. Clubs could combine . e.g. Auckland Racing club has a charity day end of March.

Raise some money for Australian fire victims preferably involved within Racing Industry.

Allow climate change activists oncourse with displays etc. and get Trackside offering free exposure . Get some involvement from Fire Fighting Industry.

Plenty potential sponsors e.g. major national legal firms. Some have partners on racing committees.

Use the theme of URGENCY to advantage.

Make full use of voluntary help.

Don't make the event a cynical method of increasing betting turnover.

Get suppliers of products or services to use as prizes for oncourse betting competition where money can be raised at least nominally for Australia bush fire appeals.

Use social media to full advantage.

The negative is do nothing!

Are you going to walk in all the horses , Majestic runs a fleet of diesel trucks and I've seen  a few other trucks on course that would really make climate activists bust a boiler with the belching  emissions on them . Most bottles consumed on course appear not to be recycled , horses fart a bit as well , tractors on course might in some cases be old dungers . Racing has the anti racing mob to deal with , the climate brigade I don't think have noticed this game yet , beware who you invite for tea that's all iam saying .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Here is a tip for a progressive club or clubs possibly a world first.

Run a CLIMATE CHANGE RACEMEETING both to raise awareness and promote specific action. A sort of event wouldn't be hard to get Luke and the BGP group involved.

We constantly hear about the need to make racing appealing to young people well this is the chance.

Target students.   Align with a University.   Promote an event e.g. a Climate Change Conference. There is one in Palmerston North end of March coinciding with the Sires Produce day and a Friday Awapuni meeting. Clubs could combine . e.g. Auckland Racing club has a charity day end of March.

Raise some money for Australian fire victims preferably involved within Racing Industry.

Allow climate change activists oncourse with displays etc. and get Trackside offering free exposure . Get some involvement from Fire Fighting Industry.

Plenty potential sponsors e.g. major national legal firms. Some have partners on racing committees.

Use the theme of URGENCY to advantage.

Make full use of voluntary help.

Don't make the event a cynical method of increasing betting turnover.

Get suppliers of products or services to use as prizes for oncourse betting competition where money can be raised at least nominally for Australia bush fire appeals.

Use social media to full advantage.

The negative is do nothing!

Not sure but do any meat , diary , car , mining , oil, airlines  or trucking companies  sponsor racing here . If Greta sails here that maybe is  a hospitality tent I would defo bother going to , be a very interesting time over  free organic juice and vegan pie before the first .

A meeting raising money helping out folks caught up in  OZ  drought / OZ fIre be a great thing for racing to do here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Here is a tip for a progressive club or clubs possibly a world first.

Run a CLIMATE CHANGE RACEMEETING both to raise awareness and promote specific action. A sort of event wouldn't be hard to get Luke and the BGP group involved.

We constantly hear about the need to make racing appealing to young people well this is the chance.

Target students.   Align with a University.   Promote an event e.g. a Climate Change Conference. There is one in Palmerston North end of March coinciding with the Sires Produce day and a Friday Awapuni meeting. Clubs could combine . e.g. Auckland Racing club has a charity day end of March.

Raise some money for Australian fire victims preferably involved within Racing Industry.

Allow climate change activists oncourse with displays etc. and get Trackside offering free exposure . Get some involvement from Fire Fighting Industry.

Plenty potential sponsors e.g. major national legal firms. Some have partners on racing committees.

Use the theme of URGENCY to advantage.

Make full use of voluntary help.

Don't make the event a cynical method of increasing betting turnover.

Get suppliers of products or services to use as prizes for oncourse betting competition where money can be raised at least nominally for Australia bush fire appeals.

Use social media to full advantage.

The negative is do nothing!

Youre taking the piss right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMD is rife said:

If ever you weren't sure or not if this bloke was a nutter you have no doubt now.

EXPLAIN....... Particularly point by point. I'm open minded. If something gets sponsors and attendees oncourse isn't that half the battle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Hong Kong Jockey club is very much involved with climate change initiatives. Now there are many who hold HKJC to the highest standard and enterprise.

If Hong Kong can see the connection with young people and climate change perhaps there is no harm other clubs doing the same. Some of the comment here shows how out of touch many racing people are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kaikoura Trotting Club is going to have to hold this event at their South Bay racecourse. Only because this racetrack has the ocean right behind the back straight and all attendees for the day need to sail to the races, no trucks, cars etc allowed. 

Standing starts only, no mobile starts obviously as this isn't environmentally friendly. 

All racegoers on the day get to take home with them a pile of horse poo, to put on their organic gardens when they get home (2-3 days later, depending on sea conditions). It goes without saying, no plastic bags will be given out to get said horse poo home. 

Definitely has merit this idea. I can see it getting off the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

The Hong Kong Jockey club is very much involved with climate change initiatives. Now there are many who hold HKJC to the highest standard and enterprise.

If Hong Kong can see the connection with young people and climate change perhaps there is no harm other clubs doing the same. Some of the comment here shows how out of touch many racing people are.

Z are very much involved in climate change initiatives I've read , I've just filled a gas guzzling mean machine there and revved the living daylights out the beast cause it makes me feel like a tough  man . Iam spotting that some companies talk the talk , don't walk the walk  on these issues .

What actually do HK jockey club do , please for the love of God don't say raise awareness cause most are pretty well aware .

Now I hear some of these rich uni educated privilege who don't work for a crust at the sharp end of life  stop rush hour tube trains  telling how they won't fly , don't buy anything they don't need , don't buy new clothes . Some laud them for these actions . Good stuff however I know plenty of people been doing that for years , now there is a name for these people . They are called " the poor " . Privilege preaching to the masses , rubbing the hard working noses in it . Yep a few cleaners who clean posh offices in early hours for minimum wage paying rent likely to parents of said privileged kids ,  trying to feed own kids would love the chance to decide not to fly to Hawaii this year for hols .

Now Conghua to Happy Valley,  how far , how many gas guzzling trucks do HKJC now use to truck horses to races nowdays from the big new training track . Do they have "don't fly on planes poor people " advert on the sides .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Look, I know this in the gallops thread... but surely to goodness it should have been posted in the harness racing section?! 

Let's invite the Amish along!! 

Afterall, they have had some influence into the NZ standardbred breeding in recent years. 

20200204_181447.jpg

Now Rusty my friend , iam no harness man. I bow to your superior knowledge on this but I do believe that's Christian Me minus of course the intravenous Lasix drip feeder . Still looks like it could do a 3k claimer at Yonkers in snow, sleet . 

They go from track to New Holland market , climate activists would love that place after a Climate change raceday at Meadowlands .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

If ever you weren't sure or not if this bloke was a nutter you have no doubt now.

I am just amazed he didn't state everyone on exiting a prison should get a TAB $20 voucher as well, perhaps it could even extend to an invite to all gang pads to gang bang day out at Gisborne & Wairoa in a few weeks & a drinks voucher each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

The Hong Kong Jockey club is very much involved with climate change initiatives. Now there are many who hold HKJC to the highest standard and enterprise.

If Hong Kong can see the connection with young people and climate change perhaps there is no harm other clubs doing the same. Some of the comment here shows how out of touch many racing people are.

Can't we just have one thing in life "free" of the propaganda and virtue signalling that wreaks through society day after day ...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Huey said:

Can't we just have one thing in life "free" of the propaganda and virtue signalling that wreaks through society day after day ...? 

No , you must obey , you must not under any circumstances have any enjoyment , you must always every waking moment fear the end of the world . Remember if you have little kids or grandkids scare the fun  out of their tender years too .

Do not under any circumstances smile ever .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, barryb said:

I am just amazed he didn't state everyone on exiting a prison should get a TAB $20 voucher as well, perhaps it could even extend to an invite to all gang pads to gang bang day out at Gisborne & Wairoa in a few weeks & a drinks voucher each.

"Gang bang" ??! Hahaha wow. This would have to be an R18 event. 

Are you sure that's the correct term you were wanting to use?! 

If so, that is a novel idea to bring people to the races. Definitely thinking outside the square and although I would pass up this opportunity, this gang bang day out at the races, would perhaps get a new breed (for want of a better term) to the racecourse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rusty said:

Look, I know this in the gallops thread... but surely to goodness it should have been posted in the harness racing section?! 

Let's invite the Amish along!! 

Afterall, they have had some influence into the NZ standardbred breeding in recent years. 

20200204_181447.jpg

Is this what goes clip clop clip clop, clip clop ,bang bang, bang an armish drive buy shooting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

EXPLAIN....... Particularly point by point. I'm open minded. If something gets sponsors and attendees oncourse isn't that half the battle? 

Open minded? The wind is whistling through the void!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rusty said:

"Gang bang" ??! Hahaha wow. This would have to be an R18 event. 

Are you sure that's the correct term you were wanting to use?! 

If so, that is a novel idea to bring people to the races. Definitely thinking outside the square and although I would pass up this opportunity, this gang bang day out at the races, would perhaps get a new breed (for want of a better term) to the racecourse.

Yeah why not, might liven the entertainment between mid week races,  too wet and cold to start it tomorrow at Ascot Park & it won’t be a new thing in Matamata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

OK some witty if not ingenious comments. Climate change is serious. I probably won't be around in ten or twenty years time.  Everything, every industry, daily routine should be geared around climate change. So many other things seem unimportant.

Wellington is still waiting for a summer  whilst we fry.

Dont lose all hope SD,  the greatest thing about a capitalist economy is that there is serious money to be made for companies in finding solutions and new technologies and its gaining rapid pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

OK some witty if not ingenious comments. Climate change is serious. I probably won't be around in ten or twenty years time.  Everything, every industry, daily routine should be geared around climate change. So many other things seem unimportant.

Maybe read the Climate Change thread.

You will find it is one giant scam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

The Climate Change brigade are a crock of shit...just like our stakes levels! :rcf-laughing-2:

I'm sure you will have some spare cash to biff into the stakes, after that bargin buy at the sales, nice lot, poor breeder's you can see how they struggle, guess most don't want to take them home, most wouldn't even cover stud fee, let alone any other expenses, a man told me once, wise men ride them, fools breed them, very fair comment I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now