RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Climate Change Racemeeting.

3 hours ago, bazach said:

Slam Dunk, it IS a free country so making climate change denial illegal is crazy. However, what amazes me on this post - and I wasn't initially going to react, are the comments from ill informed people suggesting that human induced climate change is not happening. Not being a scientist myself, I am not going to get into a debate over what changes are currently happening and will happen, but suffice to say, 97% of the world's climate change scientists who are qualified to make informed comment on the issues are in no doubt of what is happening.

The main political parties in New Zealand have also recently agreed on the Zero Carbon Amendment Act. I would therefore respectfully suggest that those who are trying to align climate change with one side of the political spectrum, put that thought aside.

I won't be making any more comments on this issue as if  you are an ostrich with your head in the sand over this critical issue, then it is unlikely I will be able to get it out of the sand! 

Do you even know who John Cook is Bazach? How can the so called ‘Deniers ‘ have their heads in the sand when they are more informed? Obama was quick to retweet this to his 11 million followers who ate it up like seed thrown to a flock of hungry birds. Watch the news by all means, but base your opinion on study, the leading Atmospheric scientist is Richard Lindzen.....and yes he is a little more qualified than a Swedish schoolgirl who knows very little on the subject

7 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Watch the news by all means, but base your opinion on study, the leading Atmospheric scientist is Richard Lindzen.....and yes he is a little more qualified than a Swedish schoolgirl who knows very little on the subject

or maybe base your opinions on 22 other MIT scientists who disagree with Lindzen….he's another hoaxer

7 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

or maybe base your opinions on 22 other MIT scientists who disagree with Lindzen….he's another hoaxer

List them Drew , i take a look :rcfe-like:  Always open for new information, unlike  Al Gore and his mates :rcfe-laughing: This is a racing forum,if your worth your salt you can push your opinion on main street :rcfe-like:

19 minutes ago, Gruff said:

List them Drew , i take a look :rcfe-like:  Always open for new information, unlike  Al Gore and his mates :rcfe-laughing: This is a racing forum,if your worth your salt you can push your opinion on main street :rcfe-like:

so why are you pushing your ridiculous opinions in this RACING forum...….f##k off to fairyland where you belong

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Electric trucks I dare say will take longer to charge and have a reduced range. Many racecourses are ideally situated to offer charging & parking facilities therefore that would seem a profitable commercial exercise. On raceday the driver leaves the truck or car to charge and goes enjoy the racing.

2035 is too long 2025 a better target,

3 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Electric trucks I dare say will take longer to charge and have a reduced range. Many racecourses are ideally situated to offer charging & parking facilities therefore that would seem a profitable commercial exercise. On raceday the driver leaves the truck or car to charge and goes enjoy the racing.

2035 is too long 2025 a better target,

What about the commercial operators whose trucks are operating throughout the race day ?

3 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

YOU'RE still a moron

I Don’t know you well enough to make the same assumption. Try and exercise your grey matter instead of just believing everything you hear/here/hair :rcfe-laughing: you know/no wot/what im saying :rcf-rich-1:

1 hour ago, napier said:

What about the commercial operators whose trucks are operating throughout the race day ?

Trucks are hardly going to pull up at a supermarket for charging but if it takes say 30 minutes to charge then the racing club would have to offer some sort of truck stop cafe. Don't say the club run them but thats a use that can get clubs a bit of cash.

NZTR really should do a study how reducing carbon or going green can best be achieved throughout the industry and on top of that how promoting action with the multiple channels can also benefit racing.

13 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Trucks are hardly going to pull up at a supermarket for charging but if it takes say 30 minutes to charge then the racing club would have to offer some sort of truck stop cafe. Don't say the club run them but thats a use that can get clubs a bit of cash.

NZTR really should do a study how reducing carbon or going green can best be achieved throughout the industry and on top of that how promoting action with the multiple channels can also benefit racing.

Lithium ion ? Talk about sustainable :rcf-laughing-2:Do some homework for a change Slammy. Unless you go Nuclear you are dreaming Jonesy. Amateur hour. Hang on, they dont show you on mainstream media ,my apologies :rcf-thinking: you going around to Drew’s tonight by chance :rcfe-surprise:

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Lithium ion ? Talk about sustainable :rcf-laughing-2:Do some homework for a change Slammy. Unless you go Nuclear you are dreaming Jonesy. Amateur hour. Hang on, they dont show you on mainstream media ,my apologies :rcf-thinking: you going around to Drew’s tonight by chance :rcfe-surprise:

Someone should instruct you on the use of google. You will probably be able to self educate yourself if thats possible.

The charging station idea piqued my interest and lo and behold there are numerous charging stations on US racetracks both motor and horse. Also several in the UK eg. Sandown, Newmarket, Warwick.

Heres the next big thing. Electric car racing. Since Pukekohe isn't all that compatible with noise the Counties Racing club should really promote electric car racing.

1 minute ago, slam dunk said:

Someone should instruct you on the use of google. You will probably be able to self educate yourself if thats possible.

The charging station idea piqued my interest and lo and behold there are numerous charging stations on US racetracks both motor and horse. Also several in the UK eg. Sandown, Newmarket, Warwick.

Heres the next big thing. Electric car racing. Since Pukekohe isn't all that compatible with noise the Counties Racing club should really promote electric car racing.

Lithium ion was the essence of the post in relation to a ‘ sustainable carbon footprint’ ....are you a robot? :rcf-thinking-1:

This isnt about Manchester fans against Liverpool this is real life. Im a fence sitter who reacts mainly to BS ....and its all coming from the Pro man made ‘warming’ lobby, Slammy and Drew have fortified a position i never wanted to hold. Not Braindead but certainly washed, dont forget Scorpz in the Derby and Kaipaki Road in the Oaks :rcfe-like:

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Clubs are on to Slammy. By irrigating you really can see the green sections of the tracks. 

Have a look at Te Rapa yesterday.  :D

Could someone inform if NZTR are mirroring the UK efforts.

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/articles/sustainability-british-racing/

and also this from the Jockey Club website.

OUR COMMITMENT TO SUSTAINABILITY

Our mission is to act for the long-term good of British horseracing but we also have a responsibility to our customers and beyond. In 2012 we launched the Going Green programme to significantly reduce our impact on the environment.

We set ambitious targets for both energy and waste:

To send no waste to landfill by 2020

To reduce our energy consumption by 25% reduction

In 2018 we stopped sending waste to landfill, two years before our target date. Through the work of our Green Champions, five of our sites achieved more than 80% recycling in 2018 with Carlisle achieving 92%. Our target for 2019 is to reduce the total volume of waste by 10%.

Now we are turning our attention to eliminating the use of single-use plastics. We have banned plastic straws and stirrers on all of our courses from June 2018 and trials of reusable plastic cups and coffee cups are well underway. Look out for them the next time you visit!

CUTTING OUR CARBON EMISSIONS AND INVESTING IN RENEWABLES

We are working hard with our colleagues to reduce our energy consumption; resulting in a 14% reduction in total mainline energy consumption in one year (2018 vs 2017).

We not only want to reduce the energy we use but ensure that the energy we do use comes from clean and sustainable sources. In 2017 our solar panels at Exeter produced enough electricity to power 15 homes for a year. And that’s just the start! 
In 2018 solar panels were installed at Newmarket and Cheltenham racecourses and at the National Stud. They generated around 300,000 kWh in 2018 and we are aiming to produce more than 500,000 kWh in 2019.

We won’t stop here. There are lots of exciting plans in the pipeline and we will continue to make sure we continue to cut our impact.

Isn't it great to see so many people posting in this thread. Just goes to show how valued and important the climate change situation is to racegoers, I am sure Greta will be absolutely delighted. 

Now, I have had another idea with regard to this climate change race meeting.

Stake money... we don't need it. Let's do away with all stake money for this meeting, and instead, winning and placed horses can be given some carbon credits. I'm sure that will go down well and really get the number of horses up at the meeting. 

5 hours ago, Rusty said:

Isn't it great to see so many people posting in this thread. Just goes to show how valued and important the climate change situation is to racegoers, I am sure Greta will be absolutely delighted. 

Now, I have had another idea with regard to this climate change race meeting.

Stake money... we don't need it. Let's do away with all stake money for this meeting, and instead, winning and placed horses can be given some carbon credits. I'm sure that will go down well and really get the number of horses up at the meeting. 

Be very careful from now on mentioning the Swedish lady Rusty  , the name is  now trademarked as is the School Strike Company Inc. 

Racing and owners, trainers , jockeys  could donate the stakemoney (carbon  credits)  for meeting to all the celebs who are shitting themselves over climate change , that will cover the celebs carbon footprint from their private jets . Like one the Watford fan just used for nz us nz trip for Oscars . It's the least racing folk can do to help these poor worried concerned people , if we are serious about a Climate change meeting we must consider the needy after all. 

Great to see a trotter get up to run a place last night at Alex park... It's name?

Recycle.

11/12 in the betting. Paid $7.70 the place. This suggests a few things to me... obviously there weren't too many tree hugging hippies on track last night. And secondly punters that were ontrack or tuned in, automatically dismissed the horse, based purely on it's name. To be fair, my eyes completely glazed over it... it was my dear wife that laughed, I mean pointed out it's name to me. 

The best part? The trainer/owner is Mr Green. Kid you not. 

I vote this horse gets automatic entry to the climate change race meeting. 

Never mind votes for the All Star mile. We need votes for the climate change race meeting. We all need to "raise awareness" for climate change. And HOW DARE YOU if you don't. 

We owe it to the world, to our children and our children's children. 

First vote: the 4yr old trotter; Recycle.