RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Climate Change Racemeeting.

3 hours ago, slam dunk said:

I had thought of that but Climate Change is such an important cause it would be intolerable for those involved to have the gathering hijacked. For that reason the worry is dismissed.

Its a religion not a cause. And it seems your one of the choir boys :rcf-shocked-5: ....i doubt you have even studied the subject, if you apply yourself as much in Racing your either punting the Sharks Tips or taking easybets :rcf-sad:

22 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Its a religion not a cause. And it seems your one of the choir boys :rcf-shocked-5: ....i doubt you have even studied the subject, if you apply yourself as much in Racing your either punting the Sharks Tips or taking easybets :rcf-sad:

One of the chief heads of the religion Trudeau keep eye on his twitter , let's just see if he signs off on a brand new tar sands field soon. The Guardian reports he will , but he is a Greta wannabe , how can this be , not Trudeau it cannot be true . Was he not we got to act now person , or we got to act after we spend next 40 years extracting the black gold .

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

A Honda Fireblade or you a Kawasaki person ?

On about my 5th bike, a specialized rock hopper at moment, and no not electric just about due to replace drive train derailleur ect, but on the road again 5am in morn, rain hail thunder lightning  high winds or shine, i battle them all, pass the dead center of town, that's the cemetery, many a lost soul in there.Gates always closed, as people dying to get in.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 4:20 PM, slam dunk said:

Here is a tip for a progressive club or clubs possibly a world first.

Run a CLIMATE CHANGE RACEMEETING both to raise awareness and promote specific action. A sort of event wouldn't be hard to get Luke and the BGP group involved.

We constantly hear about the need to make racing appealing to young people well this is the chance.

Target students.   Align with a University.   Promote an event e.g. a Climate Change Conference. There is one in Palmerston North end of March coinciding with the Sires Produce day and a Friday Awapuni meeting. Clubs could combine . e.g. Auckland Racing club has a charity day end of March.

Raise some money for Australian fire victims preferably involved within Racing Industry.

Allow climate change activists oncourse with displays etc. and get Trackside offering free exposure . Get some involvement from Fire Fighting Industry.

Plenty potential sponsors e.g. major national legal firms. Some have partners on racing committees.

Use the theme of URGENCY to advantage.

Make full use of voluntary help.

Don't make the event a cynical method of increasing betting turnover.

Get suppliers of products or services to use as prizes for oncourse betting competition where money can be raised at least nominally for Australia bush fire appeals.

Use social media to full advantage.

The negative is do nothing!

that's a great thread I still cant work out if you are taking the piss or are actually crazy...if you are serious would it be a good idea if all the horses are ridden to the races to save emissions?

those floats are surely contributing to the bushfires!

And what about you are you going to bike to trenthem to save your carbon footprint?

1 hour ago, winx21 said:

that's a great thread I still cant work out if you are taking the piss or are actually crazy...if you are serious would it be a good idea if all the horses are ridden to the races to save emissions?

those floats are surely contributing to the bushfires!

And what about you are you going to bike to trenthem to save your carbon footprint?

I am serious although reluctantly some of the postings give a chuckle or two.

There are numerous racemeetings and sporting events in Australia raising funds for the Bushfire Appeal.  For some crazy reason the Australian public has been conditioned to dismiss the concept of climate change probably due to the power of the mining lobby and other interests. Scott Morrison relied on this faction e.g. much of the media to get elected. 

Climate change is serious. This from Australia today.

Paul De Ornellas, Chief Wildlife Adviser at WWF, said: “Australia is burning, and the scale of the crisis has been described as unprecedented. Human lives and homes have been lost, and wildlife is suffering too. More than one billion mammals, birds and reptiles are estimated to have been affected, including an estimated 30% of the entire koala population in this area. Once the fires clear, we will need to work to restore what has been lost.

While climate change does not cause bushfires, it does make them worse and more likely.The intensive heatwaves and extreme droughts of the past year have fanned the flames creating this state of emergency. We must all do our bit to protect our world from climate disaster – failure to act will make extreme events standard, with deadly consequences for people and nature.”

2 hours ago, slam dunk said:

There are numerous racemeetings and sporting events in Australia raising funds for the Bushfire Appeal.  For some crazy reason the Australian public has been conditioned to dismiss the concept of climate change probably due to the power of the mining lobby and other interests. Scott Morrison relied on this faction e.g. much of the media to get elected. 

Paul De Ornellas, Chief Wildlife Adviser at WWF, said: “Australia is burning, and the scale of the crisis has been described as unprecedented. Human lives and homes have been lost, and wildlife is suffering too. More than one billion mammals, birds and reptiles are estimated to have been affected, including an estimated 30% of the entire koala population in this area. Once the fires clear, we will need to work to restore what has been lost.

While climate change does not cause bushfires, it does make them worse and more likely.The intensive heatwaves and extreme droughts of the past year have fanned the flames creating this state of emergency. We must all do our bit to protect our world from climate disaster – failure to act will make extreme events standard, with deadly consequences for people and nature.”

The NZ media doesn't seem to have caught on to the fact that much of eastern Australia is being flooded right now.  Yes it is RAINING.  The heaviest rain in over 40 years in some places.  AUSTRALIA IS NOT ON FIRE.  The rain has put the fires out.  Strange how the left wing NZ media only reports stuff that fits the climate change narrative.  Where we are we have had 50ml of rain in the last week.  We have had nearly a third of our total 2019 rainfall in 5 weeks.  You guys are being brainwashed.  It is unbelievable that nowhere in the NZ new sites can I see anything about the flooding currently being experienced on the east coast of Australia. 

3 hours ago, slam dunk said:

How does climate affect the bush fires when the av temperature has only increased 0.8 deg in the past 120 years?

0.4 deg between 1910-1940  hardly man made, and 0.4 between 1970=2000 and no increase since.

The av earth temp the last 1 billion years was 22 deg and now it is only 14.6 deg and you can guarantee it will bee another million or two years before any affect is felt either way.

Co2 accounts for only 0.54% of the atmosphere and any decrease harms all life forms.

You have been duped by the lefties in one giant scam and by this time next year most of these people who pushed this crime will cease to exist.

The people are waking up in droves.

5 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Youve got it bad Slammy. You have Thunbergitis,her Mother says she can see Carbon dioxide.... theres the problem with her indoctrinated childhood in a NUTshell. Whats your  excuse ? Hope you get over it , you are unwittingly signing up for something that will ultimately cost people their freedom...at the very least. :rcf-sad-5:  theres money to be made with those methane machines at Te Rapa Saturday, engage your brain instead of believing everything you here from Al Gore and the shady Walrus /polar bear bullshitter David Attenborough and find some winners  :rcfe-like:

On 2/6/2020 at 7:08 PM, Gruff said:

You are right I had not bargained on there being climate change deniers. Thought it was just so obvious it was just a slam dunk to everyone.

My theory on the deniers seems that early on some right wing zealot started spouting rubbish and ever since then including President Trump have just like sheep repeated without any knowledge or research the same old tropes.

Those that are willing to swallow their pride are recanting and accepting that climate change is leading the world to uncharted waters. The quicker climate change denial is made a crime the better.

19 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

You are right I had not bargained on there being climate change deniers. Thought it was just so obvious it was just a slam dunk to everyone.

My theory on the deniers seems that early on some right wing zealot started spouting rubbish and ever since then including President Trump have just like sheep repeated without any knowledge or research the same old tropes.

Those that are willing to swallow their pride are recanting and accepting that climate change is leading the world to uncharted waters. The quicker climate change denial is made a crime the better.

You really are going off the deep end there , climate change denial a crime , that is uncharted waters . What penalty should it be for questioning governments then , Trudeau of Canada   where do you think he stands on subject ? What's his position on fossil fuels.  Should you be allowed to agree with climate change being a thing and then fly off on holiday on a gas guzzling plane or should that be a crime ?

25 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

How would you word the Act by the way . Can you deny climate change whilst discussing it with family in own home , can the police tap your phone , drill micro hole in wall and listen in then do the door if you step out of the prescribed allowable conversation . Can if one of your children mention they deny climate change ,  can a child be locked up too .What age should be the age when a child is no longer allowed to question science. 

All things to decide on if your law becomes reality .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

How would you word the Act by the way . Can you deny climate change whilst discussing it with family in own home , can the police tap your phone , drill micro hole in wall and listen in then do the door if you step out of the prescribed allowable conversation . Can if one of your children mention they deny climate change ,  can a child be locked up too .What age should be the age when a child is no longer allowed to question science. 

All things to decide on if your law becomes reality .

Firstly make it a crime funding organisations that spout anti climate change  disinformation. Also spouting in a public forum fake experts, fake research or illogical assumptions just as defamation laws apply today. Trumps antics have set back climate action by several years just means more suffering to millions in years to come. Attracting climate change activists on racecourses may sound unusual but  after all what has racing got to lose. Better some people there than none.

12 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Firstly make it a crime funding organisations that spout anti climate change  disinformation. Also spouting in a public forum fake experts, fake research or illogical assumptions just as defamation laws apply today. Trumps antics have set back climate action by several years just means more suffering to millions in years to come. Attracting climate change activists on racecourses may sound unusual but  after all what has racing got to lose. Better some people there than none.

So is it only Trump , how about North of border and the oil production there , look iam not that clever but I cannot see if Trumps a problem so are oil sands in Canada,  cows farting  here and in OZ , and cars sitting nose to tail on M25 in rush hour in UK. So is talking about climate change and raising awareness all we need to do as countries .

who do we use as the 'judge" of the climate change debate dunk???? greta???

looks like you have swallowed the climate change hoax and that's your choice buts its probably the wrong "forum" to be lecturing the rest of us......

its 11 degrees in ashvegas today can you send some of the global warming our way today dunk :rcfe-happy-2: 

11 hours ago, slam dunk said:

11 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Just need to refresh your memory..... The IPCCs poster boy and FRAUDSTER . ‘Man made ‘ climate change is a Religion 

5124004F-9471-4C79-935D-4D52C4187489.png

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Antarctica keeps on shedding icebergs.....it will have an effect sooner or later....:rcf-thinking-1:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51420681

Try not to Cherry pick Hokesy to suit an agenda, lets balance it out a little :rcfe-like:  Slammy is a worshipper and incapable of looking at a bigger picture, hes all about CO2 but has no problem creating it himself

A55869D2-BEE5-43F9-9361-0C26566CDAD3.png

Loved the way Jason Waddell summed up the ride on The Mitigator, rode exactly the way he needed to try and upset The Shark who proved the Class once again .  He is a man that does his homework, unlike Slammy who just follows blindly and never backs any claims with substance

18 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Slam Dunk, it IS a free country so making climate change denial illegal is crazy. However, what amazes me on this post - and I wasn't initially going to react, are the comments from ill informed people suggesting that human induced climate change is not happening. Not being a scientist myself, I am not going to get into a debate over what changes are currently happening and will happen, but suffice to say, 97% of the world's climate change scientists who are qualified to make informed comment on the issues are in no doubt of what is happening.

The main political parties in New Zealand have also recently agreed on the Zero Carbon Amendment Act. I would therefore respectfully suggest that those who are trying to align climate change with one side of the political spectrum, put that thought aside.

I won't be making any more comments on this issue as if  you are an ostrich with your head in the sand over this critical issue, then it is unlikely I will be able to get it out of the sand! 

8 hours ago, Gruff said:

Loved the way Jason Waddell summed up the ride on The Mitigator, rode exactly the way he needed to try and upset The Shark who proved the Class once again .  He is a man that does his homework, unlike Slammy who just follows blindly and never backs any claims with substance

You miss the point. The intention is not to prove there is climate change its to show how going forward racing can be relevant.

I agree racing has quite a bit of inhouse effort required to reduce climate effect but whilst doing so it can be at the forefront of a new world. 

Horse Transportation.  Electric Trucks are coming and further down the track electric airplanes. Soon there will be backlash against air transport of non vital cargo therefore costs and taxes will impact on equine air travel. In turn meaning fewer horses exported. Racing could offer subsidies to encourage electric transportation.

Punters prize pools, Obviously any products or services will have to be "green" and as well there is the issue of gamblings control of racing. If gamblings interests control racing that means racing less able to glean revenue from sponsorship and advertising. If gambling is worth $150million to racing from the TAB then also sponsorships and advertising could be worth $80 million. It won't be if the TAB or some parisitic outfit like Paddy Power controls racing.

THere will be huge commercial opportunities when finally the world stares down a catastrophe. If racing people are smart they will embrace the future afterall racing has so many idle assets like real estate, TV, radio, internet presence and dedicated players to make a difference. 

4 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

You miss the point. The intention is not to prove there is climate change its to show how going forward racing can be relevant.

I agree racing has quite a bit of inhouse effort required to reduce climate effect but whilst doing so it can be at the forefront of a new world. 

Horse Transportation.  Electric Trucks are coming and further down the track electric airplanes. Soon there will be backlash against air transport of non vital cargo therefore costs and taxes will impact on equine air travel. In turn meaning fewer horses exported. Racing could offer subsidies to encourage electric transportation.

Punters prize pools, Obviously any products or services will have to be "green" and as well there is the issue of gamblings control of racing. If gamblings interests control racing that means racing less able to glean revenue from sponsorship and advertising. If gambling is worth $150million to racing from the TAB then also sponsorships and advertising could be worth $80 million. It won't be if the TAB or some parisitic outfit like Paddy Power controls racing.

THere will be huge commercial opportunities when finally the world stares down a catastrophe. If racing people are smart they will embrace the future afterall racing has so many idle assets like real estate, TV, radio, internet presence and dedicated players to make a difference. 

My worry is that as ever we desire to lead the world and could drive ourselves to poverty when in reality anyone who's travelled knows  90 per cent of world's pop don't know where we are , who we are , what we do let alone what we doing to "save the world" with our minute population number, and if they do know all above trust me they couldn't give a fxxk what we do here .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

My worry is that as ever we desire to lead the world and could drive ourselves to poverty when in reality anyone who's travelled knows  90 per cent of world's pop don't know where we are , who we are , what we do let alone what we doing to "save the world" with our minute population number, and if they do know all above trust me they couldn't give a fxxk what we do here .

Spot on.

The rivers of waste - plastic and other -  pouring into the sea concern me much, much more.    As long as there has been a planet Earth with a climate,  there has been climate change.  If it hadn't been for an event of catastrophic proportions that knocked off the dinosaurs, we [as a species ] wouldn't even be here.  

But the way we are going,  it seems unlikely that we will knock them off their perch as one of the most successfully adapted animals ever....