RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Climate Change Racemeeting.

1 hour ago, Shad said:

I'm sure you will have some spare cash to biff into the stakes, after that bargin buy at the sales, nice lot, poor breeder's you can see how they struggle, guess most don't want to take them home, most wouldn't even cover stud fee, let alone any other expenses, a man told me once, wise men ride them, fools breed them, very fair comment I reckon.

Lets hope so! :rcf-laughing-2: You are however correct. The cost to travel was only just covered without taking her home again. Not to mention the Sires Service Fee, Rearing and the Yearling prep itself! I stole her. 

I'm warming to this Climate Change race meeting idea. Public entry will only be available by bicycle, horse drawn carriage or train. Lets have the first one at Ellerslie. The big go to be called the Methane Mile. A condition to start is all horses are to be fitted with a bag to capture gaseous emissions.

Julie Anne Genter will be there on her gold plated bike to hand out the prize, a rhubarb starter pack of birdcage fertiliser.

3 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Lets hope so! :rcf-laughing-2: You are however correct. The cost to travel was only just covered without taking her home again. Not to mention the Sires Service Fee, Rearing and the Yearling prep itself! I stole her. 

Good on ya, and good luck with her, I reckon the breeder's be pleased not to have to cart her home, the sire be just as good as an over priced top liner, this racing game is a level playing field when it comes buying a yearling, no matter what you spend,  breeding comes with plenty of issues, as we found out when just breeding one for fun, certainly not plain sailing, and what can go wrong, usually does.

4 hours ago, Nerula said:

I'm warming to this Climate Change race meeting idea. Public entry will only be available by bicycle, horse drawn carriage or train. Lets have the first one at Ellerslie. The big go to be called the Methane Mile. A condition to start is all horses are to be fitted with a bag to capture gaseous emissions.

Julie Anne Genter will be there on her gold plated bike to hand out the prize, a rhubarb starter pack of birdcage fertiliser.

Actually the entry by train(sponsor) terrific idea. If Ellerslie ran a meeting and fully promoted with students they would have to put the house full sign up.

I note that Victoria Donnison is on the Board of Auckland Racing Club. With Simpson Grierson(sponsor) who tout their expertise in Climate Change matters. Interestingly seems she used to work for Lance Noble stable. 

3 hours ago, Nerula said:

Would there be a big stage so the great minds of the world can stand and lecture down  at us between races, use of the big screen infield to beam in international moaners  , maybe if that's a success we can have a Peta race day in conjunction with animal aid . We can have an " offended or outraged in the field comp " for those that can be most offended or outraged on someone else's behalf . 

Could I please humbly suggest no tab open as should be zero betting meeting , no alcohol served  and can we all wear plain clothing with no bright colours .

Depressingly all I can find that the HKJC have done is fund a university Jockey Club Climate Change Museum out of their charitable grants for what  one could only assume is to " raise awareness" .Not sure if their floats run on horse  dung yet or anything actually at all worthwhile .

46 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Actually the entry by train(sponsor) terrific idea. If Ellerslie ran a meeting and fully promoted with students they would have to put the house full sign up.

I note that Victoria Donnison is on the Board of Auckland Racing Club. With Simpson Grierson(sponsor) who tout their expertise in Climate Change matters. Interestingly seems she used to work for Lance Noble stable. 

How would the day run  ? What's  the plan to run the day as a carbon neutral raceday . Is Ellerslie geared up for carbon neutrality in any way , what's the guts of their current environmental impact management plan .

Awapuni run a student day , I think Riccarton used to but they don't like crowds there which most meetings means a decent carbon credit . So how will Climate Change Raceday differ from student day at Awapuni . 

This is important , my understanding of a speech by  Greta at Davos is she is very much against emission trading , carbon offsets etc. She's more of  back to a horse and cart kinda activist it appears  so that kind of system is  a no go area for a lot of her fans so doubt some  will get on with that crowd you mention who  look like they derive some sort of income of advising  of  such schemes .

5 minutes ago, Nerula said:

RR all of your suggestions are good.

We could have the Sackcloth And Ashes Sprint. And Owners could go to a room for a good flogging as well.

But Slammy is dead right about getting the students there.

Train good idea , however iam kinda getting old and 40 plus years ago I was going racing on a train , most places do it .

Student raceday and climate day just look like two different entities .What's the difference with Awapuni Day that's my query .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Train good idea , however iam kinda getting old and 40 plus years ago I was going racing on a train , most places do it .

Student raceday and climate day just look like two different entities .What's the difference with Awapuni Day that's my query .

Maybe get John Magness and the Magness train involved. Good for couple of trips from Ellerslie train station anyway.

Lets not treat students just as beer guzzlers. They can still have a good time whilst sending a message.

19 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Maybe get John Magness and the Magness train involved. Good for couple of trips from Ellerslie train station anyway.

Lets not treat students just as beer guzzlers. They can still have a good time whilst sending a message.

That's my point , they not all beer guzzlers I agree . How do we attract the climate activists on course SD . What attractions can racing put on to get these young climate activists enthused and attending a raceday .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

That's my point , they not all beer guzzlers I agree . How do we attract the climate activists on course SD . What attractions can racing put on to get these young climate activists enthused and attending a raceday .

Awapuni seem to have the formula getting students oncourse. Talk to them.

Talk to activists. They are keen on preaching to the "unconverted". There is a lot of voluntary help available and its something that brings people together. I have absolutely no doubt at all that substantial sponsors would be available. I used to publish trade journals and looked for events and links where the advertiser couldn't refuse like a centenary or opening of a new factory. Climate change is a no brainer for attracting advertising.`

I would go a step further and offer a deal. Come bet at say Ellerslie and you are guaranteed not to lose. Can be done if sponsors put up products and services as the prizes. However the club would have to promote the products or services far more aggressively than at present.

5 hours ago, Nerula said:

RR all of your suggestions are good.

We could have the Sackcloth And Ashes Sprint. And Owners could go to a room for a good flogging as well.

But Slammy is dead right about getting the students there.

Or we could have a head in the sand compComp

Wherever the venue may be for this climate change race day, it is vitally important that the meeting is held on a Friday afternoon, kicking off at about lunchtime. Guaranteed to get the school aged kids there then. Take advantage of this, and run a kiddys tote for the feisty wee buggers. 

I wouldn't bother advertising or promoting horse races at the venue for the day either. Just invite the tree huggers to have their gathering at the racecourse. Then conduct the meeting as per normal. Guaranteed to get oncourse numbers up, and raise the awareness of horse racing. 

Could even fire up the rent a crowd even more....

Get the oldest, dirtiest, gas guzzling tractor that pisses out black smoke to move the starting gates, and leave it running throughout the day. 

Dish out as many plastic straws as possible. Even if people don't buy a drink, give them a free straw. 

Make sure all food is wrapped in plastic. Even hot chips. Throw plenty of glad wrap over the pottle. 

Get a sh!t load of those small single serve tomato sauce packets. Plastic of course. Make them free. Just like they do at Addington raceway. 

Serve all food in those white non-biodegradable plastic holders, you know the ones, with the lid. Think old school hamburgers from the 80's. 

Track manager should cut down some trees on course with a couple of Stihl chainsaws between races. The wood can then be used as fuel for the fires that can be lit in the old metal 44 gallon drums, to keep the racegoers warm. 

Just a few thoughts there, off the top of my head. 

This is exactly what I'm talking about... the white non-biodegradable, non-recycleable plastic hamburger container, with a few discarded plastic single serve sauce thingys on the side... 

Whichever club runs this climate change race day, please take Addington raceway's example on this. 

P.S caged (non-free range) egg, for an extra dollar. Can't beat it. 

20200205_211556.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rusty said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about... the white non-biodegradable, non-recycleable plastic hamburger container, with a few discarded plastic single serve sauce thingys on the side... 

Whichever club runs this climate change race day, please take Addington raceway's example on this. 

P.S caged (non-free range) egg, for an extra dollar. Can't beat it. 

20200205_211556.jpg

Rusty if ever there's a war against a battalion of fit trained  vegans can you post me to a mortar platoon and I can fire a few of these delights at the advancing attackers . Those tomato sauce packets are deadly too  , even a trained rifleman can inflict  themselves some friendly fire squeezing those babies out .

You could hand out a free copy of the book "Climate Change Delusion and the great electricity rip-off" by Professor Ian Plimer to everyone who comes through the gate.  Perhaps then people might start to realise what a giant con this whole climate change religion is.  The masses have been brainwashed, particularly in NZ where the left leaning media publish nothing that questions the whole hoax.  Also you will probably find that most racing people are not the remotest bit interested in climate change, they are too busy trying to eke out a living.

As for donating to the Australian bushfires, these have been largely the result of incompetence at state and local government level, not allowing land clearing or preventive burns to reduce fuel loads in forests.  Over 200 people have been charged with arson, most of the fires having been deliberately lit. Yes there has been a drought, but this has nothing to do with climate change.  There is no link between drought and climate change.  If it was getting warmer then you would have higher evaporation from the ocean, leading to MORE rainfall.  In fact it is the Indian Ocean dipole which governs much of Australia's rainfall.  The dipole has moved in recent weeks, bringing on the monsoon in the north.  The east coast of Australia is in for record rainfall over the next 8 days  and you will likely see widespread flooding.  Here in Central Victoria we have already had nearly a third of the total rainfall we had for all of 2019. Of course you won't read about any of that in the NZ newspapers or on tv.

Sooner or later the NZ population will wake up from their slumber.  In the meantime you need to do something about increasing stakes or you will see more trainers and jockeys making the move to Oz.

1 hour ago, departed said:

You could hand out a free copy of the book "Climate Change Delusion and the great electricity rip-off" by Professor Ian Plimer to everyone who comes through the gate.  Perhaps then people might start to realise what a giant con this whole climate change religion is.  The masses have been brainwashed, particularly in NZ where the left leaning media publish nothing that questions the whole hoax.  Also you will probably find that most racing people are not the remotest bit interested in climate change, they are too busy trying to eke out a living.

As for donating to the Australian bushfires, these have been largely the result of incompetence at state and local government level, not allowing land clearing or preventive burns to reduce fuel loads in forests.  Over 200 people have been charged with arson, most of the fires having been deliberately lit. Yes there has been a drought, but this has nothing to do with climate change.  There is no link between drought and climate change.  If it was getting warmer then you would have higher evaporation from the ocean, leading to MORE rainfall.  In fact it is the Indian Ocean dipole which governs much of Australia's rainfall.  The dipole has moved in recent weeks, bringing on the monsoon in the north.  The east coast of Australia is in for record rainfall over the next 8 days  and you will likely see widespread flooding.  Here in Central Victoria we have already had nearly a third of the total rainfall we had for all of 2019. Of course you won't read about any of that in the NZ newspapers or on tv.

Sooner or later the NZ population will wake up from their slumber.  In the meantime you need to do something about increasing stakes or you will see more trainers and jockeys making the move to 

Not been many climate strikes or school kids protests during summer in NZ , so thankfully it reassures me most kids just taking a chance to have early away on a Friday with their mates and not brainwashed . Cannot help but agree somewhere someone is clipping the ticket on this situation to a big degree .

On a more positive note - seeing that the “current” Govt is good with handouts and wasting money on anything and everything, why not use it to advantage by asking Jacinta and Winnie to fund the placing of Solar Panels on the roof of every Race Club Grandstand in the country. That should attract the Extinction Rebellion nutters to the races :) 

3 hours ago, departed said:

You could hand out a free copy of the book "Climate Change Delusion and the great electricity rip-off" by Professor Ian Plimer to everyone who comes through the gate.  ........................

Departed,

Plimer has been discredited many a time. Basically one big joke along with Andrew Bolt.  Still preaching that there is no climate change whilst Australia is burning.

Interesting that Ellerslie is hosting a 3 day conference entitled "Weaving Visions for a new Economy"  Feb24-26. One day is devoted to Climate Change.

https://www.ehf.org/new-frontiers#climate

I suggest you attend. Or perhaps read the latest address by the UN Secy General.

Incidentally I have found the Auckland Racing Club seldom leverages events at its function centre into raceday promotion. Bit like Avondale failing to seek involvement from the market crowds. Instead Auckland just relies on the same old sponsors like Barfoot and Thompson.

Anyway I have no intention of debating climate change its basically a "slam dunk".

I am trying to demonstrate the link   climate change - young people - racing.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Departed,

Plimer has been discredited many a time. Basically one big joke along with Andrew Bolt.  Still preaching that there is no climate change whilst Australia is burning.

Interesting that Ellerslie is hosting a 3 day conference entitled "Weaving Visions for a new Economy"  Feb24-26. One day is devoted to Climate Change.

I suggest you attend. Or perhaps read the latest address by the UN Secy General.

Incidentally I have found the Auckland Racing Club seldom leverages events at its function centre into raceday promotion. Bit like Avondale failing to seek involvement from the market crowds. Instead Auckland just relies on the same old sponsors like Barfoot and Thompson.

Anyway I have no intention of debating climate change its basically a "slam dunk".

The Guy didnt get the Eureka  prize (judged  by his peers)Centenary and Clarke medals out of a weetbix packet. Basically One big joke :rcfe-laughing:  Your knowledge on the subject wouldnt be published on shithouse paper. Slam dunk

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

Departed,

Ive no real  idea either way  to be honest , I enjoy a warm day at races so don't bother me that side of things  and I don't sell anti freeze or coats or any other winter appliance or supply  for a living either so warm weather wont cost me .Maybe if less icebergs less chance of a titanic type collision no one ever mentions the plus side it's always glass half empty  . However I think from time to time that  the greatest minds in the world at one time would have people in the madhouse if it was disputed that earth was flat , AIDS was going to kill off the whole world and it could be caught from door handles all that kind of shit thinking . There's been bushfires before and other disasters , Russia were going to invade , nuclear war was round the corner . The great leaders of the world who laud Greta still get on a plane for holidays rather than stay home so doubt their sincerity  as they drone on and on . If they really believed in cause they would not fly away for hols .We worry about kids having depression but grown adults are crapping themselves telling the kids  the end is neigh , some of these adults need to get a grip on themselves not panic the life out of these youngsters , talk about misery loves company some of these people .

More importantly dead right , any conference they run at Ellerslie rolling into a raceday , that's a promotion that must be done if dates fit but again I think you will find climate change zealots closely cross over into the same thinking as anti racing zealots . I doubt a Climate activist will be over keen on seeing a horse having its arse smacked repeatedly from the 100 pole , and definately will go into full on meltdown should the green screen come out in front of the stands .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

I think you will find climate change zealots closely cross over into the same thinking as anti racing zealots . I doubt a Climate activist will be over keen on seeing a horse having its arse smacked repeatedly from the 100 pole , and definately will go into full on meltdown should the green screen come out in front of the stands .

I had thought of that but Climate Change is such an important cause it would be intolerable for those involved to have the gathering hijacked. For that reason the worry is dismissed.

Slam Dunk perhaps you could go to this site to find many articles by real scientists who haven't fallen for the hoax -

www.principia-scientific.org

Ian Plimer hasn't been discredited by anyone.  However your creator of the so-called hockey stick graph - Michael Mann - has been exposed as a fraud.  And if you read the IPCC reports carefully they state that it hasn't been proven that CO2 causes temperature increases but that the whole climate change industry is designed to transfer wealth from rich western nations to the developing world.  And closer to home there is a University of Auckland study that finds that Pacific Islands are actually getting bigger rather than sinking, but again this hasn't been reported in the NZ media.

26 minutes ago, departed said:

Slam Dunk perhaps you could go to this site to find many articles by real scientists who haven't fallen for the hoax -

www.principia-scientific.org

Ian Plimer hasn't been discredited by anyone.  However your creator of the so-called hockey stick graph - Michael Mann - has been exposed as a fraud.  And if you read the IPCC reports carefully they state that it hasn't been proven that CO2 causes temperature increases but that the whole climate change industry is designed to transfer wealth from rich western nations to the developing world.  And closer to home there is a University of Auckland study that finds that Pacific Islands are actually getting bigger rather than sinking, but again this hasn't been reported in the NZ media.

On 29th January the BBC ran an article " worst emissions scenario exceedingly unlikely " . It's an interesting read , basically it don't help the doomsday doom it's all over doom gloom misery fans .  They appear to have their calculations up the creek , very much like racing here .