RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Catalano

Being AP

I was staying in a B&B in 2018 up in Northern Ireland, and the host talked about Tony McCoy, how he was raised around the corner, and how I must have heard of the man if I'm into racing, but I drew a blank, oh the look he gave me... and then he showed me a newspaper article about AP McCoy "Ahh you mean AP McCoy! Of course I've heard of him!'

He went off for five minutes and came back with a manila folder full of everything he could print off to do with the legendary jockey and insisted I take it with me.

Breakfast took until lunch-time!

This guy is amazing and  movie was made 3/4 years ago

Don't know how he stands at the moment but work it out for yourself 4000 winners over 20 years is 200 winners a year!!!!!

Just checked Wiki he now ridden 4358 winners and most of them over jumps 

Think he might have retired now a very wealthy man

He is the best I seen.  A friend of mine had a horse called Graffiti Tongue, 12yo.  That was running in a 4K hurdle 5 hour drive from McCoys house.  It was to be Tony's only ride at the meeting.  He went down there and won on it.  It was going that badly at one stage it drifted out to 1000/1 on betfair and he got it going to win.  Like no one else.

To be champion jump jockey for 20 years and not not miss a year to be broken up is incredible.  Actually unbelievable.

1 hour ago, shaneMcAlister said:

He is the best I seen.  A friend of mine had a horse called Graffiti Tongue, 12yo.  That was running in a 4K hurdle 5 hour drive from McCoys house.  It was to be Tony's only ride at the meeting.  He went down there and won on it.  It was going that badly at one stage it drifted out to 1000/1 on betfair and he got it going to win.  Like no one else.

To be champion jump jockey for 20 years and not not miss a year to be broken up is incredible.  Actually unbelievable.

How about Richard Johnson   that man is a legend but he had to play second fiddle for years v a double legend .

AP and Pipe a marriage made in heaven just like  Scudamore and Dunwoody when they went to Pipe . Fit horses at Pipes , volume of horses running from grade ones to sellers from late summer at Newton Abbot to arse end back at the holiday tracks .  Ultra professional jockeys the three of them .I liked Dunwoody for pure silky smooth style .

Keeping horses going like you describe  was APs edge , keeping them going mile after mile  . Trying to recall name of one rogue at big odds I'd backed at Cheltenham once in 3 mile 2 handicap hurdle , blimey I was knackered watching it but AP got him home  .

Gloria Victus was potentially best of the Pipe McCoy partnership but got killed in Gold Cup , always been a what if for many if they had missed that race as he was only 5 .

McCoy had more chances than Scudamore , Francome, Dunwoody as back in day  jumps stopped week before Derby and returned last week of July . 

To win just once ( life of a journeyman jump jockey ) . Guy Lewis the jock , a real good racing book to get insight into day to day slog and danger  these jocks battle through   .  For every AP there's 50 of these hard bastards driving  to likes  of Leicester on a cold Monday mid winter  after mucking out to face a ride on a dodgy novice chaser . Hardest sports people bar none .