RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Taku Umanga

Sad state of affairs

Two meetings in the north this week - total nominations 180.   

Three meetings in the south this week -  total nominations 577.

Post copied from another site, but sounds about right and seriously worrying for the north.

Another 7 race programme at Alexandra Park and could've been worse if Sunday's Cambridge meeting was on the grass!

It ain't t going to get better I north.simply lack of owners.costs crippling.make the stakes 25k same result.we need another meeting low stake low handicapping.look south Australia .I know it's not exactly flying but globe derby races a couple of times a week plus other meetings.if u not up to top class in  north island not many outs. We don't use our best asset Alex park nearly enough

2 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Two meetings in the north this week - total nominations 180.   

Three meetings in the south this week -  total nominations 577.

Post copied from another site, but sounds about right and seriously worrying for the north.

Another 7 race programme at Alexandra Park and could've been worse if Sunday's Cambridge meeting was on the grass!

And i suppose some say its the AS stables fault, they do blame them for all the ills of harness racing:rcfe-love:

Greg

As much as the ATC may pontficate about how they provide the "cream" and the left overs have to go to Cambridge and Palmy they need to stop admiring what they see in the mirror and face reality.     Tim knows, as do so many others, that the cost for Northern horses to travel travel to these other venues for the small stakes is simply not economic and that is why at least 2 meetings a month catering for these below the elite standard horses is so necessary in the northern regions.    Whether these meetings are run on the all weather or grass is immaterial.   Cambridge and further south based horses would not need to travel either, having the usual meetings in their area.      Yes, I agree the numbers to service such meetings are skinny, but I do believe these numbers would increase if such racing was provided.      Does anyone know how often Alexandra Park (which I believe is a venue for harness racing) is actually utilised in a year?       A multi million dollar asset left idle for the majority of the year!

Owners will attend anywhere.     It's punters they want and if they sell Alex Park they still need to race close to population centre - Pukekohe even Manukau too far out to entice away from the bars, night clubs even the Rugby/Cricket venues.     They have a lot of thinking to do but at times give the impression they don't worry and the old Kiwi sheelberite will see them through.    They also don't appear to feel the need to either listen to or converse with their members and we can all see the outcome of this.    Every year I hope the club will report back regularly to the members but alas no change.  The occasional email which only tells what function is on over the next weeks does arrive but no nitty gritty info either therein or by way of info meetings at the club.  

1 hour ago, eljay said:

Owners will attend anywhere.     It's punters they want and if they sell Alex Park they still need to race close to population centre - Pukekohe even Manukau too far out to entice away from the bars, night clubs even the Rugby/Cricket venues.     They have a lot of thinking to do but at times give the impression they don't worry and the old Kiwi sheelberite will see them through.    They also don't appear to feel the need to either listen to or converse with their members and we can all see the outcome of this.    Every year I hope the club will report back regularly to the members but alas no change.  The occasional email which only tells what function is on over the next weeks does arrive but no nitty gritty info either therein or by way of info meetings at the club.  

Why not put your name up for board selection or someone else who wants to change things up.

Greg

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Why not put your name up for board selection or someone else who wants to change things up.

Greg

Two big problems - I am not "one of them" but mainly I been around this game for hell knows how long and the callouses on the callouses on my head after so many bangs over time says surely it's time for younger ideas.