RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gazza123

box seat trackside reprimanded

the box seat which produced a comedy skit on blood spinning has been found quilty of breaching broadcasting standards in that it item was unbalanced and did not produce factual info,the two ronnies  i.e greg and micheal will have to apologise and be stood down for one season  imo

Mr David Phillips (the complainant) must have a lot of spare time on his hands haha good on him. 

In the BSA's decision, there was no requirement for the show to broadcast an apology or even a statement on the BSA's findings. 

BSA Decisions:

Phillips and Racing Industry Transition Agency - 2019-044 (22 January 2020)

2019-044

The Authority has upheld a complaint that two episodes of The BoxSeat breached the accuracy and balance standards of the Pay TV Code of Broadcasting Standards. The Authority found that the segments about blood spinning in harnessracing covered a controversial issue of public importance but failed to include balancing views on the issue being discussed or indicate that the programmes were presented from a specific perspective. The Authority also found that, although the broadcasts did not contain any specific factual inaccuracies, the omission of alternative perspectives and information on the safety and propriety of blood spinning meant that the broadcast was misleading as a whole. The Authority did not uphold the complaint under the fairness standard. The Authority considered the publication of this decision sufficient to censure the breach of standards by the broadcaster and made no orders.

Upheld: Balance, Accuracy. Not upheld: Fairness. No orders

Cheers Iraklis

PS. where was this reprimand?

The main difference is that a reprimand is "considered a slap on the wrist and can be given in private and even in a letter," while a censure is "a form of public shaming in which the politician must stand before his peers to listen to the censure resolution." 

I would say that the sentence

The Authority considered the publication of this decision sufficient to censure the breach of standards by the broadcaster and made no orders.

Covers this?

Ahh Hermione, I didn't ask what the difference was, I just asked where the reprimand was? I do understand what 'censure' is :rcf-thinking: kinda splittin hairs here though.....balance and fairness, just sayin.....storm in a teacup

Cheers Iraklis

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Just look at who took the complaint to BSA. Hows National Bloodstock going these days Dave  Not a smart call, Dave has bred many horse and a lot were very good and his breeding choices are still alive and going well, where did Laz come from

Greg

11 minutes ago, One more lap said:

Really , so i suppose you think that makes him a messiah of NZ harness racing. Is National Bloodstock still operating One More Lap and if not why and when did it cease to operate

Didnt his latest outburst suggest horses were being treating with gasses from Fridges or some such