RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

SUPER EFFORT BY TEAM TE AKAU

What a super effort by Team Te Akau 4 Karaka Millions in a row and the first horse to win the 2yo and 3yo version with Probabeel..which they bought and sold to the Lindsays.

One things for sure NZ racing would be much the poorer without their involvement .... I think Probabeel will hold her own in the Autumn in OZ... top class filly.

2 hours ago, Pegasus 9 said:

Probabeel deserved the win but I thought the suspension for James was very harsh, considering there was no suspension for Vinnie Colgan.

I've only watched race once but looked like JMAC thought shit I've got the best horse in this going well  in worse position and went for defcon one barged out then got squeezed out . Like I say only watched it once . Hayes was quite good after when Rodley it might have been  asked if he would carry on racing here . I could sense he was thinking is this guy for real, race for 2 bob or million in OZ  with massive stud prospect prestige errm not sure . 

14 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

He is on the outer....:rcfe-happy-3:

To be fair Scooby  the twitter page has changed slightly and is   now  a pretty fair assessment of value for money for various horses , most of us can see horses like Dublin Rose sales history and race record  burns money , Lethal is a big pile of burning money but Cool Aza Beel, Advantage is printing money , superb horses . He's just putting it up there in a fair minded manner now imho .

Te Akau spending big again, although mixed with some cheaper buys, the expensive purchases over 500k would need to race out of NZ to have any hope of a return I would suggest. Good luck to them. Rogerson still active for decent money as well.

2 minutes ago, arjay said:

Te Akau spending big again, although mixed with some cheaper buys, the expensive purchases over 500k would need to race out of NZ to have any hope of a return I would suggest. Good luck to them. Rogerson still active for decent money as well.

Someone who would rather go big syndicator than have more of horse and more close involvement with a local trainer could do worse than 10 per cent of one of the 100 to 150 k range TA will have.  Results suggest that's the sweet spot . Be a few years of fun covered for around 25k to 30k all in  . Looking a results of some other big  syndicators they are  not in different league they are in different sport .Way way  above . Some of the bigger price ones they appear to bleed some serious money on .

Nothing has ever changed r buying a dream.every sale in world same.te akau no different to any other stable. U win  some but mostly lose.u might be at Randwick or te teko.waller waterhouse moody purdon obrien.overall result the same.but it costs for golf, yachting skiing motor racing.its what u like no one makes you.every now and then th he dream comes true.

9 minutes ago, tim vince said:

Nothing has ever changed r buying a dream.every sale in world same.te akau no different to any other stable. U win  some but mostly lose.u might be at Randwick or te teko.waller waterhouse moody purdon obrien.overall result the same.but it costs for golf, yachting skiing motor racing.its what u like no one makes you.every now and then th he dream comes true.

Agree to a point Tim but Coolmore team and O'Brien very very much win overall massively without doubt far and away the real winners in world racing .Outlay to income each year not many comes close in racing , profits huge  . Te Akau Racing and breeding wouldn't be half a per cent of that team .

40 minutes ago, tim vince said:

Okay.but owners mostly needto treat it as a hobby and a sport.like others sports.it  is great if u get lucky.the 9nly thing we Don't need is a gfc.

Your right anything back is a bonus and chance of some great fun  . It's a different model these syndicators to likes Coolmore . Syndicators once they have filled horses they have effectively turned a profit so the horses as yearly intake don't need to turn profit on track and later stud or sale as a whole  . I doubt as a whole they do cover costs in this way . With the  likes of  Coolmore a yearly intake must overall turn a profit by racing, sale or stud because they own them , they might cop one dud year but too many and people get put under pump  . As an example of Coolmore dominance worldwide this weekend  is the El Derby in Chile . A big day in that  country . Last year 16 runners , 12 were sired by Coolmore raced or horses they stand at stud .so the reach is wide .

3 hours ago, tim vince said:

Okay.but owners mostly needto treat it as a hobby and a sport.like others sports.it  is great if u get lucky.the 9nly thing we Don't need is a gfc.

There was a time the sales outcome would depend on the Australian economic situation. I go back to the sixties when T J Smith and Cummings dominated the buying. It was unthinkable that an NZ purchaser would out bid the Aussie's. Nowaday economics are much more universal.

I get the impression Te Akau have made no allowance for the dark clouds circling such as climate change, forest fires the virus from China and many clued up economists predicting some sort of crash.

Te Akau should consider setting up an Australian stable so that many of their expensive yearlings can compete for proper prize money 

I note that Go Racing is expanding its Australian horse numbers

18 hours ago, WOODBINE said:

Te Akau should consider setting up an Australian stable so that many of their expensive yearlings can compete for proper prize money 

Go Racing do well with the cheaper cast offs from UK from the  Tatts October clear out , bit like Waller did to start with in OZ then he improved the quality once winners flowed . 

Vermair Syndicates seem quiet , don't seem to have anything of note now .

On 1/29/2020 at 7:26 PM, WOODBINE said:

To be fair, I think that Te Akau have got it pretty spot on. When they have a good one in NZ that performs at top level, they are willing to have a go in Oz. Doesn’t always work but they usually send the good ones over. I think they’ve done pretty good. As for a satellite stable - maybe not necessary at the moment - as long as horse air transport is ok.