RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

BGP ....sure is a BGP !

Not long back to the rest home after  a fantastic Karaka raceday as part of the Boys Get Paid day out.

BGP certainly is a Bloody Great Promotion , which morphs into a Bloody Good Party.

And its kinda special to be a tiny part of a a massive $100 k bet....that will be a great yarn for the 'show and tell' session at morning tea at the home.

The group[BGP] put a real positive vibe into a great day with groups from Invercargill and Christchurch among others.

All the bets were thereabouts , top effort by the  selectors Father Ted and Bertie Germ who along with me were probably the oldest 3 there.....much Kudos to Luke the brains of the outfit who has been successful  IMO at giving hope to the Industry by reconnecting a lost generation.

The setting was brilliant ,the organisation slick and a real credit to all concerned.

My advice to the rest of you......subscribe and get amongst it !

Elsewhere , the Birdcage party was as huge as ever and roared on after dark ,the NZBloodstock area was glowing in anticipation of sales, TAB party hosted some big hitters and the Birdcage bar was packed !

Private areas hosted visiting Aussie and Asian groups.

Leo 's boutique was sparkling as usual , with the Host himself at the hem.

And most importantly the Public areas were top - notch , and many amazed with the buzz and enthusiasm created from the BGP group...my 'new' young mates,incl ladies !

A great day out , deserved results and great to see Hanger Lindsay sharing the limelight with his family.Well done OP and Jamie and Te Akau.

I guess you had to be there !

16 minutes ago, Pottsie said:

How did they end up $s up or down ? . I agree great to see such a fantastic atmosphere at a race course and to hear a jockey get a crowd chanting to them.

They got bacK $365k for $250k start. 

intrigue losing by a nose with lost whip and Elliot .5kg over was unlucky. 

They made a big atmosphere. Well done to BGP team. They will be singing at karaka today. 

I went to hear the head of the Racing Industry Transitional Authority speak in Cambridge.  Then I compared notes with a former NZTR chief executive officer who had attended the Awapuni presentation.  I get the impression that the organisers of BGP will do more good for our industry than will all the boffins in Jackson Street, Petone.

Thanks Shane. Are they going to purchase a horse ? I heard one of their bets was $100,000 on Catalyst, not sue if that was correct but bet they were sweating after it's slow start. I worked with Luke Kemeys for a couple of years, and he's a top man for the syndicate.

The group certainly bring something to the industry I have not seen anything like before. I was playing cricket yesterday and half the team were in the syndicate, many who barely follow racing but we were all huddled around a phone at drinks watching the 2nd race, my best mate who has a passing interest in racing took his phone out on the field to watch the races ffs. The talk and hype around it amongst everyone was really cool, my mate even now making noises about getting a share in a horse. 

5 minutes ago, Pottsie said:

Thanks Shane. Are they going to purchase a horse ? I heard one of their bets was $100,000 on Catalyst, not sue if that was correct but bet they were sweating after it's slow start. I worked with Luke Kemeys for a couple of years, and he's a top man for the syndicate.

Not sure if they are intending on buying one but they are selling one. Lot 557 they purchased as a weanling to pinhook.

One news site reports Allaalune owner was first owner in 94 year history of Karaka Million and Classic to have runners in both races . Impressive stuff after all those years . It must have happened before in all those 94 years . Does anyone know the winner of the 1927 Karaka Million as a mate asked me and I don't know .

On 1/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, Red Rum said:

One news site reports Allaalune owner was first owner in 94 year history of Karaka Million and Classic to have runners in both races . Impressive stuff after all those years . It must have happened before in all those 94 years . Does anyone know the winner of the 1927 Karaka Million as a mate asked me and I don't know .

re Aalaalune -you have to give Rogie some credit for getting all three of Lou's horses to the start line on the big night (De La Terre and Mr Universe the other two). But the two Reliable Man fillies are out of their depth and Aalaalune should have been put out for a spell a month ago. Poor thing, racing on unsuitable hard tracks and over distances she is not competitive at (against the of her age, anyway). If only they'd exercised some patience!