RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Karaka

Go Baz !!those bargain basement dreams do come true as I well know.!! Very pleased with our colt we sold for 40k- from my $400 8 carat mare -exquisitejewel/power.  Have to say sam and libby from Highden and their team did a fantastic job for us as 1st time sellers and our girls, 1st time foal. Will watch your girl with great interest.Caroline

Pleased you are happy with the result Caroline. But it shows you how much of a fashion industry the yearling business is. I'm not sure why Power is out of favour  --if your yearling was by  one of the in fashion sires it would have been very different. I hope the colt proves to be a good as his mother.

Baz --I think you have done extremely well but I'm sure you know the buying cost is just a small part of the running cost. It will be interesting to see how Verdi results match up with Puccini's over time. Looking at the yearling photos I think Verdi could be better. Good luck.

Baz- ditto...no doubt will seeyou at races again....Breeder..exactly that about power. although Powers are semi performing 2nd in wakefield and races here and there they were not favored at the sale. Our filly added value to her foal for sure.Yet our colt was a physically very strong beauty type like they say close the book and look at the horse. I was going to keep and race him myself if he didn't sell/reach an amount.  He has gone to a good home with a stable friend from highden which is neat. I really liked the Wrotes at the sale they took my eyeand got outbid on my picks so will keep looking as we missed with our mare to contributer but she is in  foal to Rip Van Winkle. Hope for a safe and healthy foal and breeding. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:06 AM, Caroline said:

Baz- ditto...no doubt will seeyou at races again....Breeder..exactly that about power. although Powers are semi performing 2nd in wakefield and races here and there they were not favored at the sale. Our filly added value to her foal for sure.Yet our colt was a physically very strong beauty type like they say close the book and look at the horse. I was going to keep and race him myself if he didn't sell/reach an amount.  He has gone to a good home with a stable friend from highden which is neat. I really liked the Wrotes at the sale they took my eyeand got outbid on my picks so will keep looking as we missed with our mare to contributer but she is in  foal to Rip Van Winkle. Hope for a safe and healthy foal and breeding. 

I'll be down at Otaki Saturday all going well for GR.1 day. :)

Good luck!!group 1 racing is fantastic and would love to be part of it.  I may try to be there but if not enjoy. I had noticed over our summer we seem to have some fantastic horses all ages,running everywhere at the moment and I am loving watching it. Can't believe I kept my hands in my pockets at karaka! Definitely going to oaks at home track might see you there if not otaki.