RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Karaka

24 minutes ago, talk said:

Lot 38 Turn me loose - Lady Kipling passed in for $450,000????

Interesting huh, but overall they didn't set things on fire. I thought there would be more interest in them. No offence to Savabeel of course but just how many sons of Savabeel can the industry stand going forward as I guess most are bought with a possible stud career in mind?

Kingshill still in front with a day to go...

Selector Lot # Gender Sire Dam Sold For

Kingshill 155 Colt Pierro Our Squeezer $900,000
Huey 79 Colt Savabeel Magic Dancer $800,000
Gubellini 247 Colt I Am Invincible Sancerre $625,000
Pegasus 9 189 Colt American Pharoah Posavina $575,000
Breeder 368 Colt Exceed and Excel Tricia'o $500,000
JJ Flash 243 Filly Ocean Park Ruud van Slats $450,000
Aaron Bidlake 13 Colt Snitzel Katie Lee $375,000
Blue 229 Colt Savabeel Rockadubai $310,000
drewandjo 399 Colt I Am Invincible Wedding $300,000
Rusty 140 Colt Savabeel O'Dianne $280,000
Southland 86 Colt Tavistock Meleka Belle $250,000
Mikie 50 Filly American Pharoah Latest Plan $200,000
Red Rum 71 Colt Tavistock Lovetessa $150,000
Jeepers 316 Colt American Pharoah Strada Cavallo $150,000
Mike28 59 Filly Sacred Falls Lillet Passed In
Slim Dusty 305 Colt El Roca Star Affair Passed In

Tarantula 417 Colt Tavistock Zonza  
Caroline 476 Colt Belardo Boundless  
Memphis2 521 Colt Burgundy Corsage  
Abide 537 Colt Savabeel Dating  
Patiti 546 Filly Tavistock Diamond Smile  
Talk 565 Filly Snitzel Echezeaux  
Caroline 615 Colt Burgundy Game Duchess  

This has been a great sale, so far.  Notice the 20% increase in median, which I think is the best indicator of a sale's statistics.  Note also the reduction in the difference between the median and the average.  There is a good demand for N.Z. bloodstock.

Think back to the old days of Wright Stephenson & Co Ltd, also known as wrangle and strangle; this Vela crowd have done a wonderful job.  New Zealand is fortunate that the fish mongers bought the outfit off Wrightson Bloodstock Ltd.

JJ Flash . I think I'm right in saying that in the end Wrightson's was part of the Fletchers Group at the time.

Tauhei Notts.  One thing Wrightson's did very well was the design of the Kraraka complex /buildings. Anyone who does not know anything about it,would be amazed that it now over 30 years old. So as a piece of architecture, it is one of those that has not dated much over time ---a very rare thing in recent times.

As I mentioned above I am really surprised how Tavistock has gone out of favour. Sure there were a few good sales, but overall not a good sale. Even the fillies from some of the Cambridge Stud's great female families struggled. For those who did buy I hope they turn out to be bargains when they hit the tracks.

57 minutes ago, Breeder said:

JJ Flash . I think I'm right in saying that in the end Wrightson's was part of the Fletchers Group at the time.

Tauhei Notts.  One thing Wrightson's did very well was the design of the Kraraka complex /buildings. Anyone who does not know anything about it,would be amazed that it now over 30 years old. So as a piece of architecture, it is one of those that has not dated much over time ---a very rare thing in recent times.

As I mentioned above I am really surprised how Tavistock has gone out of favour. Sure there were a few good sales, but overall not a good sale. Even the fillies from some of the Cambridge Stud's great female families struggled. For those who did buy I hope they turn out to be bargains when they hit the tracks.

Don't most stallions get the swerve when they pass away or aren't shuttling. Possibly more authentic sales of the Tavistocks than perhaps others.

I'm not sure about sires getting swerve when they pass away --if Savabeel died during this year I'm would be surprised if his stock became less desirable.

Tavistock's sales maybe due to there being so many in the sale and he is not performing at Savabeel's level on the track. Savabeel has similar numbers, if not more, in the sale but he is leaving winners of good races over a range of distances --more versatile.

1 hour ago, Breeder said:

I'm not sure about sires getting swerve when they pass away --if Savabeel died during this year I'm would be surprised if his stock became less desirable.

Tavistock's sales maybe due to there being so many in the sale and he is not performing at Savabeel's level on the track. Savabeel has similar numbers, if not more, in the sale but he is leaving winners of good races over a range of distances --more versatile.

He might get a one year bounce but then they'd be on to the next big thing, have a look at the last few crops of Zabeel they weren't selling like previously and Savabeel is no Zabeel (pun intended).

Where are all the good Savabeels in Aus? Or does TA buy all the good ones up? Tavistock arguably doing as well as Savabeel in Aus I'd have thought?

2 hours ago, Breeder said:

I think I'm right in saying that in the end Wrightson's was part of the Fletchers Group at the time.

Correct and it was Fletchers who sent in a female CEO to sort it out . She decided it was not going to be a bank and sorted out the exit strategy from memory

Greg

11 minutes ago, Huey said:

He might get a one year bounce but then they'd be on to the next big thing, have a look at the last few crops of Zabeel they weren't selling like previously and Savabeel is no Zabeel (pun intended).

Where are all the good Savabeels in Aus? Or does TA buy all the good ones up? Tavistock arguably doing as well as Savabeel in Aus I'd have thought?

Huey you need to check your facts. Savabeels strike rate for SW’s is at same level as Zabeel if not slightly above. Savabeel about to reach 100 SW’s from 12 full crops (ignoring current 2 YO’s). I think Zabeel took 13 or 14 crops. Since last years catalog Savabeel has added 21 SW’s to his tally.

This season in Aus Savabeel has 4 SW’s with earnings of $3.6 mill. Tavistock has 1 SW’s - none in NZ - and isn’t in Aus top 50 sires.

12 minutes ago, fitzy said:

Huey you need to check your facts. Savabeels strike rate for SW’s is at same level as Zabeel if not slightly above. Savabeel about to reach 100 SW’s from 12 full crops (ignoring current 2 YO’s). I think Zabeel took 13 or 14 crops. Since last years catalog Savabeel has added 21 SW’s to his tally.

This season in Aus Savabeel has 4 SW’s with earnings of $3.6 mill. Tavistock has 1 SW’s - none in NZ - and isn’t in Aus top 50 sires.

Might and Power, Occy,Jezabeel,Savabeel the list goes on outright champs in Aus , name me Savabeels can name in the same vein? Savabeels doing very well in NZ dominating in fact, but compare him to Zabeel seriously?

I'll concede to you on Tavistock I couldn't find any stats on Arion with him being deceased.

Kingshill wins the little comp.

Selector Lot # Gender Sire Dam Sold For

Kingshill 155 Colt Pierro Our Squeezer $900,000
Huey 79 Colt Savabeel Magic Dancer $800,000
Gubellini 247 Colt I Am Invincible Sancerre $625,000
Pegasus 9 189 Colt American Pharoah Posavina $575,000
Breeder 368 Colt Exceed and Excel Tricia'o $500,000
JJ Flash 243 Filly Ocean Park Ruud van Slats $450,000
Talk 565 Filly Snitzel Echezeaux $450,000
Aaron Bidlake 13 Colt Snitzel Katie Lee $375,000
Blue 229 Colt Savabeel Rockadubai $310,000
drewandjo 399 Colt I Am Invincible Wedding $300,000