RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Karaka

I think the Magic Dancer colt will top it,  that seems to be the signal. 

Really like the look of lot 17,really interested in Lot 186 3x3 to SW and keen to see the progeny by Wrote,Van Brugh and Puccini. Interesting sale. 

6 minutes ago, Breeder said:

Anyone who wants to follow the fortunes of the pinhookers, the Brednet.com.au site has a list in their Quick Links information resource.

What do you think the bottom end will be like considering the uncertainty here ? Could it be  a giveaway? .

Aaron's idea of a bottom end sales could spark more interest , a bit like OZ with those two big sprints one for battlers. 

16 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

They should run a poor man's race on the Karaka Million night for Book 3 only purchases, pay say $500 when purchasing them that goes into a pool for that race. 

Tatts run October Auction Sales race at Newmarket for the Oct book 3 and 4 yearlings . With total stake  with exchange rates  now 300k NZ prize , 165k to winner . Minimum bid there 800 guineas . 

Uk, France  and Ire also run many Auction races , they each have varying conditions . Works on average of sires yearlings sale prices or variations of across uk Ire and fr sales normally.  Basically gives owners a chance to race similar levels through system avoiding the big heavyweights of Ballydoyle,  Gosden , Godolphin etc  . Of course they can enter horses but not many in their stables by cheap stallions . They also have restricted races down to sires average winning distance of progeny to promote stayers .

6 hours ago, Huey said:

I think the Magic Dancer colt will top it,  that seems to be the signal. 

Really like the look of lot 17,really interested in Lot 186 3x3 to SW and keen to see the progeny by Wrote,Van Brugh and Puccini. Interesting sale. 

I've entered you in with Lot 79, that being the Magic Dancer colt.

Yesterday I mentioned the Breednet quick link resources. They have added a really good link which shows photos of all the yearlings for each new season sire in Book 1.

https://www.breednet.com.au/gallery/sale-sires.aspx?salename=NZB+Karaka+2020+Book+1&sire=American+Pharoah

So it allows those who judge on type, in particular, to view on one screen all the yearlings by American Pharoah , for example,and it gives you an idea of how much the sire is "stamping" his progeny. Or if you are interested in a particular sire which one looks better than the others available and to pay more attention to that particular yearling. I realise photos are no substitute to actually looking at the real thing but I think what they have done is a real good time saver and added tool.

Don't forget to enter by 11am today..

Guessing the chance of a Savabeel being the top lot was pretty high anyway, but after the successes of Cool Aza Beel and Probabeel yesterday that probably increased ten-fold.

Just wondering about a couple of things around the sale, sure someone can answer from a breeders/buyers point of view.

- Does GST get added to the sale price or is  the sale price including GST? (either way a good earner for the Govt!!)… and how do overseas buyers get on paying/claiming GST.

- If a horse sells for $1M (for eg) does the owner/breeder have to pay 33% tax on that (as an individual) or the company tax whatever the rate is... less all the expenses.? ….another good Govt earner.?

22 minutes ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Don't forget to enter by 11am today..

Guessing the chance of a Savabeel being the top lot was pretty high anyway, but after the successes of Cool Aza Beel and Probabeel yesterday that probably increased ten-fold.

Just wondering about a couple of things around the sale, sure someone can answer from a breeders/buyers point of view.

- Does GST get added to the sale price or is  the sale price including GST? (either way a good earner for the Govt!!)… and how do overseas buyers get on paying/claiming GST.

- If a horse sells for $1M (for eg) does the owner/breeder have to pay 33% tax on that (as an individual) or the company tax whatever the rate is... less all the expenses.? ….another good Govt earner.?

Ponderosa8,

GST gets added to the sale price. Buyers of horses being exported would not pay GST. The breeder of a horse would pay tax on the profit only (if any).

Cheers

Tony

Here's a little table of everyone's selections...…...Aaron leads the way.

(sorry the table has "pasted" a bit all over the place from what I had done.).

Selector Lot # Gender Sire Dam Sold For

Aaron Bidlake 13    Colt Snitzel Katie Lee $375k
Mikie 50    Filly American Pharoah Latest Plan  
Mike28 59    Filly Sacred Falls Lillet  
Red Rum 71    Colt Tavistock Lovetessa  
Huey 79    Colt Savabeel Magic Dancer  
Southland 86     Colt Tavistock Meleka Belle  
Rusty 140    Colt Savabeel O'Dianne  
Kingshill 155     Colt Pierro Our Squeezer  
Pegasus 9 189     Colt American Pharoah Posavina  
Blue 229   Colt Savabeel Rockadubai  
JJ Flash 243   Filly Ocean Park Ruud van Slats  
Gubellini 247    Colt I Am Invincible Sancerre  
Slim Dusty 305   Colt El Roca Star Affair  
Jeepers 316    Colt American Pharoah Strada Cavallo  
Breeder 368   Colt Exceed and Excel Tricia'o  
drewandjo 399     Colt I Am Invincible Wedding  
Tarantula 417    Colt Tavistock Zonza  
Caroline 476    Colt Belardo Boundless  
Memphis2 521    Colt Burgundy Corsage  
Abide 537    Colt Savabeel Dating  
Patiti 546     Filly Tavistock Diamond Smile  
Talk 565    Filly Snitzel Echezeaux  
Caroline 615    Colt Burgundy Game Duchess  

Huey lead for a while but has been taken over by Kingshill

Selector Lot # Gender Sire Dam Sold For

Kingshill 155 Colt Pierro Our Squeezer $900,000
Huey 79 Colt Savabeel Magic Dancer $800,000
Pegasus 9 189 Colt American Pharoah Posavina $575,000
Aaron Bidlake 13 Colt Snitzel Katie Lee $375,000
Blue 229 Colt Savabeel Rockadubai $310,000
Rusty 140 Colt Savabeel O'Dianne $280,000
Southland 86 Colt Tavistock Meleka Belle $250,000
Mikie 50 Filly American Pharoah Latest Plan $200,000
Red Rum 71 Colt Tavistock Lovetessa $150,000
Mike28 59 Filly Sacred Falls Lillet Passed In, $60K

JJ Flash 243 Filly Ocean Park Ruud van Slats  
Gubellini 247 Colt I Am Invincible Sancerre  
Slim Dusty 305 Colt El Roca Star Affair  
Jeepers 316 Colt American Pharoah Strada Cavallo  
Breeder 368 Colt Exceed and Excel Tricia'o  
drewandjo 399 Colt I Am Invincible Wedding  
Tarantula 417 Colt Tavistock Zonza  
Caroline 476 Colt Belardo Boundless  
Memphis2 521 Colt Burgundy Corsage  
Abide 537 Colt Savabeel Dating  
Patiti 546 Filly Tavistock Diamond Smile  
Talk 565 Filly Snitzel Echezeaux  
Caroline 615 Colt Burgundy Game Duchess  

18 hours ago, Blue said:

Good picking Huey.

I was part of the syndicate that raced Magic Dancer ... gave me my one and only Group win and a few thrills along the way. Also came down to Riccarton for Cup Week and started even money fav in midweek 3yo race .... battled and a horse Lance Robinson trained locally which I had a share in won at double figures.... funny old game