RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

Karaka

Very quiet from cafers leading up to the big day. I thought some of the students out there might have voiced their opinions on various prospective top lots on the first two days at least. Just an observation. I could be a player on the last day but I’m surprised that, given the technology we have and its importance in marketing that only about a third of final day catalogue have pics up. I thought it would be just as important there as any other day. Some have Facebook pics of early day entries but not the later ones and several websites have yet to update from their 2019 drafts. In one case I have asked for pics but nothing has been forthcoming. I realise it’s a very busy time for sellers but surely these things are all a part of the process.

How about a little "competition". Nominate who you think will be the top Lot from Book 1.

Only a very minor prize but I'll give $100 to the winner.

Rules:

- only 1 pick per person.

- in the event that the same lot is picked by more than 1 person, the person who selects it first will be the winner.

- comp closes 11am Sunday 26th.

- In the event that no one picks the top lot, it'll still pay out the $100 to the highest lot that is selected by someone.

Most of Book 3 is sold on one of two factors. Either type or price. So picking the top priced lot from the catalogue is nigh on impossible. The interesting part will be, how many from Book 3 will make the Karaka Million 2yo race in 2021?? As for Book 1, probably something from Savabeel. 

16 minutes ago, Trump said:

The interesting part will be, how many from Book 3 will make the Karaka Million 2yo race in 2021?? 

They should run a poor man's race on the Karaka Million night for Book 3 only purchases, pay say $500 when purchasing them that goes into a pool for that race. 

2 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

How about a little "competition". Nominate who you think will be the top Lot from Book 1.

Only a very minor prize but I'll give $100 to the winner.

Rules:

- only 1 pick per person.

- in the event that the same lot is picked by more than 1 person, the person who selects it first will be the winner.

- comp closes 11am Sunday 26th.

- In the event that no one picks the top lot, it'll still pay out the $100 to the highest lot that is selected by someone.

Good work, nice and simple competition. 

This sale will be a disaster. There are just too many factors internationally that lead to any other conclusion. Most of all the forest fires in Australia, It will be obscene given the circumstances that  races such as Everest $10 million go ahead. Australians must face the reality. 

Karaka Million night has drawn  pathetic fields.  

Signing off now.  The pessimist.

1 hour ago, slam dunk said:

This sale will be a disaster. There are just too many factors internationally that lead to any other conclusion. Most of all the forest fires in Australia, It will be obscene given the circumstances that  races such as Everest $10 million go ahead. Australians must face the reality. 

Karaka Million night has drawn  pathetic fields.  

Signing off now.  The pessimist.

Everest $10m?? Where have you been? I think you’ll find it’s now worth about $15m !