RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Confused

Rotorua Sunday

I have read a lot about the lack of atmosphere and things to do at Cambridge last weekend (I totally agree having been regularly underwhelmed there) so wanted to share that the North Island Harness Owners Association are trying to put something together for members at Rotorua on Sunday to encourage attendance, participation and networking I guess.

I thought it was really positive and would like to commend them for their efforts.

The committee are obviously grass roots participants who care about the industry and owners.

Good on them Confused. Long time since I saw any  initiative in the dog code . It certainly looks pretty barren on most dog tracks on most meetings.

It almost appears to me that most of the time everyone is quite happy with the status quo. They all just turn up twice a week and do their thing and don't give a hoot if thee public are not catered for or if there are actually any there. I remember at Cambridge one day a small group arrived on course and were standing wondering where to go next. I said hello and asked if they were right and they said they were greyhound owners from Australia on holiday and thought they would come to the races for the day. They  were looking to buy a racebook  and get a drink of something. They had seen a large grandstand there and thought that is where the action would be but it was completely deserted. Mind you it has changed a bit since then there is a sandwich and sausage roll shop now open as you walk through the gate that you can't miss.

It is almost like they accept that no one is going to turn up so why bother. Chicken and the egg scenario.