RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

Dean McKenzie road show

9 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Dean at least had 120 or so at that meeting so it would have been vocal knowing some of those present Trumpy....but get your gist....:rcf-wink:

You may be right Ohokason but how many of the other 30,000 or so Industry participants or the punters etc, heard what was said other than the 120 that turned up? 

3 minutes ago, Trump said:

You may be right Ohokason but how many of the other 30,000 or so Industry participants or the punters etc, heard what was said other than the 120 that turned up? 

Only one area so you have to credit those that bothered to front up. No doubt there are other meetings that will be similar throughout NZ.

7 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Only one area so you have to credit those that bothered to front up. No doubt there are other meetings that will be similar throughout NZ.

120 for the first meeting. How many Industry participants live nearby? To get 120 they must have had Free Whitebait fritters on the table! :) 

Over the years in several various areas of endeavour I have seen 'roadshows' or 'public meetings' to be used effectively to  explain and clarify plans/actions of a ruling body/management particularly where big changes are taking place.

I think the stakeholders and grass root participants appreciate their leaders taking a bit of time for personal interaction.

IMO they serve a useful purpose .......better for morale than sitting behind desk behind closed doors and sending out press releases or impersonal emails.

Aussie PM found out recently that 'his people' didn't appreciate him overseeing the fire situation from a remote holiday spot ....they much preferred a 'roadshow' where he could connect with even a few people at the coalface.

The cost of him travelling to a few fires armed with a garden hose was of great value to all his people and employees.....greater value than sending a few million from Hawaii !

Its part of Leadership these days.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I’m a slow learner so perhaps a few of the more intelligent Cafers might be able to enlighten me. The term “Roadshow” is now a regular theme when it comes to NZ racing. John Allen was a “Roadshow” man. Apparently, it’s a term used when someone rocks up to a venue, say Awapuni, and has a talk Fest with 15 or 20 tea drinkers, enlightening those gathered on progress with reform in the Racing Industry. Is that correct? My attendance numbers might be wrong and maybe a few more could be added. But what’s the point of them? What has been achieved by them that could not be more widely reported by way of press releases via social media and have far more reach? If POTUS (Donald Trump) can talk policy, achievement, comment etc via social media, for all the world to see, why can’t NZTR? Perhaps Racecafe could open a special Forum for “exclusive” use by NZTR (Call it NZTR PROGRESS REPORTS) and let them post for all to see and read - on a weekly basis. This would not only cut back expense but would have a wider reach within the Industry and enable ALL racing people to have instant info at their fingertips - via their iphones, pads etc. It would also be open and transparent. Just a thought. 

I think NZTR should allocate $500,000 or so for a really good PR team just to let industry participants know what they are up to.

I wonder how many of you will make a submission to Select committee as is your right. I can see it now , Glenda, i was let go by Winnie  for the dogs and Berny , i have got no idea  for TBs. I presume the Select Committee will be an unbiased bunch with NZF holding sway,

A case of we are doing it my way cos the current way is a failure which cannot be sustained in any shape or form according to my underwriters or JM

Greg

The Minister and his advisers and RITA are bending over backwards to help Bernard and his cohorts and all his does is winge and moan because he is not getting his own way on everything.

Could derail the whole process.

Who is right and what is your opinion Chris.

Just listened to Dean at Pukekohe. He is very likeable, definitely understands racing and great speaker. It was an informative couple of hours. 

He believes that the bill is 90% right. He said they have had a fair crack of the whip.  Two areas he sees that needs work is the TAB mechanism to be competitive and the bet levy (I think). 

He is happy with the TAB taking NZTR intellectual property. 

He is happy the government appoints the wagering board. This will be based on nominations from the racing codes. Ie each code has one representative. 

He said the wagering board is all about maximising profit. This could mean more overseas product and less NZ racing if this makes commercial sense. 

31 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Just listened to Dean at Pukekohe. He is very likeable, definitely understands racing and great speaker. It was an informative couple of hours. 

He believes that the bill is 90% right. He said they have had a fair crack of the whip.  Two areas he sees that needs work is the TAB mechanism to be competitive and the bet levy (I think). 

He is happy with the TAB taking NZTR intellectual property. 

He is happy the government appoints the wagering board. This will be based on nominations from the racing codes. Ie each code has one representative. 

He said the wagering board is all about maximising profit. This could mean more overseas product and less NZ racing if this makes commercial sense. 

The mind boggles where the next overseas product going to come in from . 

Maybe Banei Racing from Japan , great for problem gamblers as  you lose money real real slow , kind of Ying to Quarter Horse racing's Yang .

I just wouldn't be surprised if it does get beamed in , nothing off limits nowdays .

On 1/22/2020 at 10:48 PM, We're Doomed said:

It's all a bloody mess. I don't have the answer, but I think the dangerous ones are those who do think they have the answer. 

I'm not really impressed with any of the suggested reforms I have seen so far, and I do worry for those who think all will come right once the proposed reforms are implemented.

It looks to me like everything is being run by Winston and a few no-names in his racing department.

Having Racing run by those intimately involved in the game didn't work. Having it run by those with absolutely no knowledge of or interest in the industry was even a bigger disaster.

Where to next?

I do think a lack of leadership since the early 90s has led to this situation, and I just don't see a white knight on the horizon at the moment.

If it is successful in oz ,and the guy responsible ( messara) tells us to start cutting and pasting his successful formula  why is it not working ? what is different here ?   it is broken and it does need fixing and we have got the instruction manual to do so .So stick to the plan ffs.it seems they  have done nothing but argue over appointments to do a simple job that has been done before SUCCESSFULLY ALREADY

On 1/23/2020 at 11:30 AM, JJ Flash said:

I wonder how many of you will make a submission to Select committee as is your right. ..............

Greg

I don't see why submissions need to be made to state the obvious.

The obvious must be. Nothing should be placed into legislation that limits local inititiative. At the moment it all seems like encouraging overseas parasites like Paddy Power, Tabcorp etc at the expense of any local input.