RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pegasus 9

Competitions

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Need a person to put their hand up to do the scoring...Maria was fantastic but I think she has chosen not to contribute recently...which is a shame she was the best in the business...but I am happy to front up the prizes if someone is keen to score them for us... I agree a ton of fun.

I’m sure someone would be keen to score if there was an incentive. Seems like a lot of work for very little in return. 

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Need a person to put their hand up to do the scoring...Maria was fantastic but I think she has chosen not to contribute recently...which is a shame she was the best in the business...but I am happy to front up the prizes if someone is keen to score them for us... I agree a ton of fun.

Agree with that statement that Maria was the best and maybe we didn’t appreciate all the work done by her at the time. That is a shame.

10 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Not sure about that, there’s two sides to every story 

I tried to run a comp for Cafe and used the word “nillers” to describe the residents I wanted to exclude from over at the now nearly defunct oxidation pond .... I’m told by my usual reliable sources that Maria decided I  shouldn’t be allowed to tell the truth when describing those poxy nillers, the low pricks they are, so she edited my post accordingly, and I withdrew my generous offer ... she’s no great loss

As always I’m happy to put up a generous prize for a late summer ( Karaka Million up until Easter Monday ) “losers get laid” if someone will score it ... usual rules though, no nillers from over at the oxidation pond 

Leo I believe it was over CT but ...whats done is done Maria was bloody good at doing the comps...and I for one miss having her do them....but I do not miss CT....:rcfe-happy-2:

Thanks for your offer lets see if we can get a scorer..cheers.

Lets just move on...and have some fun.

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Leo I believe it was over CT but ...whats done is done Maria was bloody good at doing the comps...and I for one miss having her do them....but I do not miss CT....:rcfe-happy-2:

Thanks for your offer lets see if we can get a scorer..cheers.

Lets just move on...and have some fun.

The comps were run amazingly well, some took some scoring by looks of them.

I might be a lone voice but CT was quite good at times , he labelled Mystic Journey very early when she hadn't left Tassie, I for one never look there ,the names  Gee Gee this that and the other  does my head in there . He also labelled Brutal early doors. But best imho was him absolutely cracking into the 1.10 shots .

My all time favorite thread on here though,  and I might have it slightly mixed up due to time elapsed was the one CT told about Sunline racing in the Israeli Oaks in the West Bank ridden by an Arabian Prince , something like that anyway .

Is he banned or MIA ?

15 hours ago, Red Rum said:

The comps were run amazingly well, some took some scoring by looks of them.

I might be a lone voice but CT was quite good at times , he labelled Mystic Journey very early when she hadn't left Tassie, I for one never look there ,the names  Gee Gee this that and the other  does my head in there . He also labelled Brutal early doors. But best imho was him absolutely cracking into the 1.10 shots .

My all time favorite thread on here though,  and I might have it slightly mixed up due to time elapsed was the one CT told about Sunline racing in the Israeli Oaks in the West Bank ridden by an Arabian Prince , something like that anyway .

Is he banned or MIA ?

You dont know the half of it...he is very clever at being liberal with the truth... He was asked nicely to back up his story with facts and kept calling me a liar privately so he is still around but on thin ice.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:26 PM, Pegasus 9 said:

Agree with that statement that Maria was the best and maybe we didn’t appreciate all the work done by her at the time. That is a shame.

So what makes the 'best in the business'? Twasn't a business anyway, twas enthusiasts volunteering their time, energy, skill and intelligence JUST TO GIVE SOME FUN TO ALL THE OTHERS.

Many members on this site and other sites appreciate ALL the people who run comps - from Punters Clubs to Super Comps to Losers Getting Laid , short term and log term formats. Thanks to all of them.

If you're having trouble getting Comps on this site at present, perhaps it's because previous organisers havent been shown enough respect.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:09 AM, weasel57 said:

So what makes the 'best in the business'? Twasn't a business anyway, twas enthusiasts volunteering their time, energy, skill and intelligence JUST TO GIVE SOME FUN TO ALL THE OTHERS.

Many members on this site and other sites appreciate ALL the people who run comps - from Punters Clubs to Super Comps to Losers Getting Laid , short term and log term formats. Thanks to all of them.

If you're having trouble getting Comps on this site at present, perhaps it's because previous organisers havent been shown enough respect.

We have no trouble getting comps...but thanks for the advice....ours always have the best prizes available too, thanks to the many who kindly donate to them...cheers.

7 hours ago, poundforpound said:

My view is that there’s too many ungrateful participants who abuse the scorers and don’t appreciate them

Little stuff like wanting to change the rules etc ... but it all adds up and that’s why people like me won’t do the job any more 

Hey poundman - you must be getting old! I thought when you were a young fella you liked 'scoring' ;)