RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Taku Umanga

“What no one knows, won’t hurt them”

3 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Generally I find that many many folk/organisations in all walks of life operate in the belief that a little bit of dishonesty is OK !

For professional organisations /regulators this is called a threshold ......so many things happen that any dishonesty is ignored until it reaches the level where it can be handed over to the police.

I have experienced this in recent times with regulators of charities and accountants [auditors] . They handle hundreds of complaints annually but few result in fines or suspensions .

Little wonder police are  often over worked and short -staffed .

Also IMO racing  folk don't always respect the Racing rules and those who enforce them...sometimes with good reason !

This case seems to be an example where this respect was lacking.......the early discussions seemed brief and informal and not considered important....not really taken seriously.

A few little lies are OK.......who cares......everybody does it !

Its now cost this guy $1500 ...it could have been up to $10,000 and/or a heavy suspension.

Racing people should realise the 'stipes' are there to enforce the rules and have the power to advance to fine and suspension.

Even though the conversations are often informal and brief and could be when the trainer etc are busy and caring for a horse , they need to be taken seriously , shown a bit of respect and answered honestly.

If unsure or flustered, buy a bit of time and get someone to support you during any questioning.Preferably someone who doesn't think a bit of dishonesty is OK i.e. below the threshold of dishonesty.

It is another example of RIU trying to destroy the sport I love - the emotive RIU evidence / summary of facts is totally out of proportion for the crime.

Why ask about have you a concern the horse was swabbed - what is the stipe implying - he is not to have a preconceived option but to be independent neutral etc .

Another beet up which on both sides should of been treated professionally without blowing it up to a thing it was not . 

Do RIU hate there job as they are trying very hard to make sure they do not have one as they by numerous small cuts to make sure the sport is destroyed .

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Tassie the RIU is ruining racing.

i can’t tell you what I know because I have to work with them but their behaviour is appalling and they have no compunction about fabricating evidence 

As long as the enforcers are going to behave without integrity the sane should apply to the licensees 

I should add that the JCA is great, I find them fair and decent and it’s only their inherent integrity that’s saving the industry from gross abuse by the RIU 

I agree P4P , but Integrity has been a 'high priority' in recent years and they need to justify their existence , especially their cost which is over $8 million pa.

In 2019 RIU cost $6.7m and the JCA $1.4. That's quite an expense !!

So it kinda amazes me when some 'risk' being nailed for relatively minor offences.

Recently a young driver was caught betting on an opposition horse ! Just dumb IMO !

Plus the RIU advertises for Racing folk to dob in industry participants.

19 hours ago, tim vince said:

Great pun ting stable.u got evidence of this or just making it up.

Yes Tim , when the money is on SD's horse i join in as rapidly as possible and my ROI from those bets is very good.

Greg