RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Idolmite

Kozzie Asano

6 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Outstanding! :rcf-shocked-5:  Is he the new James McDonald of NZ ? :rcf-thinking-1:

He should be the 'poster boy' of NZ racing.Leads jockey premiership by at least 10 wins now. Totalled 8 wins prior to this season !

What a story.....had NO horse experience , and at 18 left Japan to work in Australia to learn English.

He worked as a strawberry picker......got introduced to horses while picking strawberries ,and his passion grew from there.

Basically taught himself , and so keen to learn.

Good on him........a lot more in store for him !

8 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

He should be the 'poster boy' of NZ racing.Leads jockey premiership by at least 10 wins now. Totalled 8 wins prior to this season !

What a story.....had NO horse experience , and at 18 left Japan to work in Australia to learn English.

He worked as a strawberry picker......got introduced to horses while picking strawberries ,and his passion grew from there.

I had no idea of all that. The industry hasn't done a great job promoting such an incredible achievement. Didn't they employ someone for exactly that media relations role?

18 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

This is something rarely seen before! :rcf-rich-1:

A 2kg claiming apprentice leading the NZ Jockey Premiership in January by 10+ wins ! :rcf-shocked-5:

Outstanding! :rcf-favorite:

I was always under the impression a half decent rider would have more opportunity in the South due to a smaller pool of riders?

I feel a decent North Island jockey almost needs to compete in the South to win the premiership these days.

Grant Davison / Chris Johnson spring to mind. :rcf-thinking-1:

9 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I was always under the impression a half decent rider would have more opportunity in the South due to a smaller pool of riders?

I feel a decent North Island jockey almost needs to compete in the South to win the premiership these days.

Grant Davison / Chris Johnson spring to mind. :rcf-thinking-1:

Agree.  Think Sam Collett,  Lisa Allpress, Darryl Bradley even, going back a year or ten.   For those who make the effort,  the experience,  too - for the younger ones -is invaluable.

5 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Gorrrrrre wasn't the butt of jokes when Rex Cochrane , Ted Winsloe and the Colletts were there.

And folk drove from other provinces late at night to visit the Piecart !!

I think - might be wrong -  that Ted and Rex were among the first,  if not THE first, trainers to crack the 1000 winner barrier.    A great achievement for both considering the reduced number of racemeetings back then.