poundforpound

All Stars Mile

34 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2020 at 8:34 AM, Red Rum said:

Agree P4P re the ability to select a horse  , not arguing just a discussion . Good luck to connections of all three . The skills of trainers , stud masters and ability to  raise horses here  never in doubt .

Anyway get on the bumper horse High Bridge tomorrow at 54kgs over 2500 at Flemington .

Interested to see how Wentwood goes there RR......nice trials recently and good UK form.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Interested to see how Wentwood goes there RR......nice trials recently and good UK form.

He's most interesting runner of day imho with odd formlines and trainers history . Bookies not giving it away though . High Bridge I really like today but evens won't make me rich .The one I like for bit of odds is Jack Regan in last , on the theme of skilled kiwi horse people that stable seemed to have started getting him  going in right direction  . Still bit short in trip but will be running on . I am drawn to him through its name as well , a hero of my youth .

High Bridge and Jack Regan that be some double , two ex UK hurdlers 

With this theme of Kiwi success , I scroll through results on that RISA site quite regularly , I reckon for amount of NZ Breds running an even stake would show a profit . The times only two in   race they run 1 2 . One meeting yesterday 3 in on card.  Winner , second and unplaced . Even seems to happen in off beaten track meetings .

On 1/16/2020 at 3:01 PM, Berri said:

Greg

If you have very little understanding of blockchain, how can you create legislation that covers this? This proves it

image.png.2aed55ac04dc59238f18ea3ae6492aa4.png

Tokens will replace cash and TAB accounts as we know it. So what are profits? ....the amount of tokens going through a conventional TAB account, when the tokens are part of an external blockchain? Unfortunately most have no understanding of this notion and therefore have no idea on how to legislate for this. And if you think the blockchain is a fad....think again. It's probably the single biggest metamorphic technology change since the introduction of the internet. And if you don't believe me, check this out...

https://s1.q4cdn.com/050606653/files/doc_presentations/2020/Visa-Inc.-To-Acquire-Plaid-Press-Release.pdf?utm_source=Brave+New+Coin+Newsletters&utm_campaign=d3d1531295-BNCDAILY_2020_1_14&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d7fa8797a2-d3d1531295-245428021

You might ask why a giant like Visa would do this? Well it's because a Visa card will potentially become obsolete within 10 years. Imagine paying for everything using APP's and virtual currency where the virtual currency (tokens) don't go anywhere near a bank. Visa gets put out of business through this process. So now think TAB's....they're fucked....they just don't yet know it

image.png

Any bet you place for $1 for example returns 80 cents give or take as winnings how or why would that be any different with blockchain? The tab or bookies get paid FIRST or there is no bet, now visa might be in trouble but not the betting agencies

3 hours ago, Nukkledragga said:

Any bet you place for $1 for example returns 80 cents give or take as winnings how or why would that be any different with blockchain? The tab or bookies get paid FIRST or there is no bet, now visa might be in trouble but not the betting agencies

It goes like this...

A fixed odds exchange and tote is created. People purchase tokens which represent $1.00 bet entries. People use their tokens to place bets. No wallet, just a smart contract with a percentage of each token taken to transact token exchange. No tokens change hands (ledgers in this instance) until the event is run. Once event is run everyone's accounts (ledgers) are adjusted depending on who wins what. As no tokens are held in a wallet no amount available for stakes or operations. No outlets required. No takeout rates so dividends higher. Punters version of El Dorado.

If you wanted to super it up, you could have two types of tokens.  Rewards or Utility. Rewards means the value of your tokens could go up in value (much like Bitcoin or Etherium) so overall bets over time decrease in value as only a percentage of a token needed for the $1.00 bet. I've seen a business model that is going to totally screw the status quo. Makes too much sense.

3 hours ago, Berri said:

It goes like this...

A fixed odds exchange and tote is created. People purchase tokens which represent $1.00 bet entries. People use their tokens to place bets. No wallet, just a smart contract with a percentage of each token taken to transact token exchange. No tokens change hands (ledgers in this instance) until the event is run. Once event is run everyone's accounts (ledgers) are adjusted depending on who wins what. As no tokens are held in a wallet no amount available for stakes or operations. No outlets required. No takeout rates so dividends higher. Punters version of El Dorado.

If you wanted to super it up, you could have two types of tokens.  Rewards or Utility. Rewards means the value of your tokens could go up in value (much like Bitcoin or Etherium) so overall bets over time decrease in value as only a percentage of a token needed for the $1.00 bet. I've seen a business model that is going to totally screw the status quo. Makes too much sense.

It seems it would stand or fall on the returns to punters compared to current  bet types as well as accessability because you need 'tokens' as opposed to cash plus the establishment will not just roll over and let you stick it to them, it sounds good but it will be a 12 round uphill bun fight for sure.

18 hours ago, Red Rum said:

He's most interesting runner of day imho with odd formlines and trainers history . Bookies not giving it away though . High Bridge I really like today but evens won't make me rich .The one I like for bit of odds is Jack Regan in last , on the theme of skilled kiwi horse people that stable seemed to have started getting him  going in right direction  . Still bit short in trip but will be running on . I am drawn to him through its name as well , a hero of my youth .

High Bridge and Jack Regan that be some double , two ex UK hurdlers 

With this theme of Kiwi success , I scroll through results on that RISA site quite regularly , I reckon for amount of NZ Breds running an even stake would show a profit . The times only two in   race they run 1 2 . One meeting yesterday 3 in on card.  Winner , second and unplaced . Even seems to happen in off beaten track meetings .

Nice run first up RR. Looked like he would breeze past into straight but felt the pinch late on. They did run 1.22 so not surprising.

Hope you made plenty off High Bridge and the Waller trifecta.....:rcfe-like:

On 1/16/2020 at 11:42 AM, Berri said:

The problem is people, people, people.

Most of the governing has been executed by people without the necessary skills. The people who are now working on the rule book (the Bill) don't know enough of the future to understand the real mission.  The people of the governing body who should take the industry forward haven't done that correctly. The people running the clubs need to have the skill sets and blueprint to run the show properly. The people who supply the racing content need to sort that out properly (and I'm talking databases and IPS's), and the people supplying the actual bet types need to appeal better than they currently do.

We have everything apart from the right people

How do we get to know more of the future Berri, I t may improve my betting strike rate

The fundamental difference between a SUCCESSFUL racing model (AUS) and a FAILING one (NZ) is the attitude of politicians and subsequent attitude of Government In AUS, their politicians at federal and state level FULLY SUPPORT the thoroughbred industry in almost every respect. It helps them win votes!! In NZ, politicians of all parties are indifferent and/or  ineffectual at securing funds to drive the industry forward (why bother, when the 'sport of kings' isn't viewed by Mr and Mrs Joe Citizen as worthy of Govt investment). And in AUS betting is in their DNA  while in NZ betting on horses is seen as SINFUL, WASTE OF MONEY, CORRUPT and ATTRACTS CRIMINALS. (That's why it is regulated by a Government-owned monopoly called TAB which even controls a BOOKMAKING unit that offers lily-livered odds and refuses to take big bets from punters who 'win too much or too often'.)

In NZ the industry has been allowed to decline by failure to invest in the essential infrastructure to operate an attractive product (eg tracks. grandstands) and resources (esp people).In AUS people at the coalface can make a very good living from racing and breeding industries. Their money-go-round model works. In NZ we fail to address the big picture issues, despite having some of the highest quality products' (ie horses - as per p4p's original comment on this thread!) and skilled people (breeders, trainers, jockeys, horsemen and women) in the world. Our last chance is RITA.