RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Patiti

AWT Cambridge

Just on a thousand here at present.

Track opens at 4.30, big teams pump them through pretty quick, open till 10.30 out on the back tracks.

The front tracks are closed at 8.30 now, so the earthworks can be started.

Lots of soil to be shifted, good progress already.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:01 AM, berzerk said:

The AWT racetrack you desire can/will form part of a Greenfields site, but that is looking an 8-10 year project.

In the mean time Cambridge is the biggest training centre in Australasia. When training is compromised by bad weather there is an immediate flow-on, and lag, effect to field sizes.

I don't necessarily agree. IF you are making a stand alone AWT, why not make it big enough to become a leaning post if that's what it needs to be. It has to be created from scratch so what's the problem? Short sightedness?

A Mike Guerin 2018 article covers a host of questions put to Bernard Saundry about these AWT . He very much pushed they are in for  racing and training. He quotes about 40 meetings per year . He mentions it through article that punters want a consistent surface . So those in the know , is it a racetrack ? What kind of field size can it cater for ? .If it was sold as a racetrack to get government coin then it's found  only to be a  gallop that article will make the boss look like a lemon and the taxpayer has been hoodwinked .They need to have firm plans to race on it surely .

I know the huge punters in hk bet about half on the all weather than the grass.the grass is great considering  it's use.i must try and find the general turnover on all weather compared  to grass.its real use in my opinion in nz is for training .I must say the awt in .hhong Kong doesn't seem to cause injury outside the norm.

Awt. Generally the lower grade horses.i think probably true mostly maybe not states or Dubai.

9 minutes ago, tim vince said:

I know the huge punters in hk bet about half on the all weather than the grass.the grass is great considering  it's use.i must try and find the general turnover on all weather compared  to grass.its real use in my opinion in nz is for training .I must say the awt in .hhong Kong doesn't seem to cause injury outside the norm.

Awt. Generally the lower grade horses.i think probably true mostly maybe not states or Dubai.

Sha Tin is not strictly all weather , it's old fashion dirt .They call it all weather but it's not poly , tapeta ,fibresand , pro ride etc etc .

On 1/16/2020 at 10:01 AM, Red Rum said:

Sha Tin is not strictly all weather , it's old fashion dirt .They call it all weather but it's not poly , tapeta ,fibresand , pro ride etc etc .

It’s Strathayr - as you no doubt know. But it’s drainage is the key to its success and durability. 

6 minutes ago, Trump said:

It’s Strathayr - as you no doubt know. But it’s drainage is the key to its success and durability. 

Yes the grass track is  but the inside track for the pluggers at Sha Tin  is dirt and that is what Tim was referring to re betting volumes .