RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Nelson Cup- Good Plan

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Great idea to run it on first day. Will certainly stop the old give it a run first day nonsense.Surely that didn't happen in the past:rcfe-tongue:??

Greg

Doesn't leave much for the second day though when the public turn up. Just a bunch of sprint races that will probably be won off the front.

25 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Doesn't leave much for the second day though when the public turn up. Just a bunch of sprint races that will probably be won off the front.

You will clean up then with that strategy 

7 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Great idea to run it on first day. Will certainly stop the old give it a run first day nonsense.Surely that didn't happen in the past:rcfe-tongue:??

Greg

Hardly a new innovation

Haven’t Hawera done the same at Easter for years?

I’m not sure that I agree with the sarcastic comment about not trying on the First Day either as a number of Clubs, of which I’m sure Nelson was one, had the Prelude on the First Day penalty free in respect of the Cup on the Second Day

Mikie

8 hours ago, Mikie said:

Hardly a new innovation

Haven’t Hawera done the same at Easter for years?

I’m not sure that I agree with the sarcastic comment about not trying on the First Day either as a number of Clubs, of which I’m sure Nelson was one, had the Prelude on the First Day penalty free in respect of the Cup on the Second Day

Mikie

Never said it had not been done before but did congratulate club for changing things around.

Yes its been penalty free previously and now its not but you have your eyes closed if you think they all tried in the prelude previously. Most that won prelude never won cup but each to their own.

Greg

14 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Never said it had not been done before but did congratulate club for changing things around.

Yes its been penalty free previously and now its not but you have your eyes closed if you think they all tried in the prelude previously. Most that won prelude never won cup but each to their own.

Greg

I did

We are talking about a $14,000 Cup, with traditionally a $10,000 prelude. It is hardly NZ Cup type status, and worth playing games before the 'big" day.

Might be confusing for the public who read the local paper and turn up on Sunday expecting longer races. Not many reporters in provincial papers who know much about racing these days.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/118720676/richmond-races-hold-nelson-cup-race-early

Quite right “We’re Doomed”

The difference in stake in the Oqner’s pocjetcwiuld have been about $2k, hardly worth the risk of any games

Mikie

Edited by Mikie

Great competitive racing at Nelson today . Mile racing was superb and winners coming from all over the place. Congrats to Regan and the Goose in the big race which Regan got Q in a time of 1.52 and change.

Greg