RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
wobbly

TAB Cash Out

2 hours ago, wobbly said:

Kick started as a legitimate option in 80-85% range...now operating in low 60's

Perhaps better to park it and avoid offending your customers!?

I agree, it’s generally a waste of time as the cash outs are so low it’s not funny. 

21 hours ago, wobbly said:

Kick started as a legitimate option in 80-85% range...now operating in low 60's

Perhaps better to park it and avoid offending your customers!?

It’s a cop out almost laughable

2 hours ago, puha said:

Took a multi the other night on two Football games the first won and the cash out was less than what the first winner winner paid ?

In a perfect world if you have a $100 double on a $2 shot and a $3 shot.  If the first leg wins cash out would be $200.  Lots of cash outs would be $190 (10% cost).

This is the beauty of adding Betfair to your betting tools, you can use this to lay the option and cash out at close to a pure price.

Quite right SM

I have a multi ending on England tonight in cricket. It's cost me only 55% of their cash out offer differential to cover both other options on betfair,

Akin to the Phoenix buying Ronaldo and playing him as goalie

Why do you want to worry about Cash Out .  Why bother putting a bet on if all you want to do is take the easy why out if you can . The whole idea of punting is to maximise your bet to get as much as you can out of the TAB. The TAB love it when you go to the Cash Out to wimp out of a bet . I always let my bets go to the its ultimate result ,thats what its all about isnt it? Cheers BH

5 hours ago, Boss Hogg said:

Why do you want to worry about Cash Out .  Why bother putting a bet on if all you want to do is take the easy why out if you can . The whole idea of punting is to maximise your bet to get as much as you can out of the TAB. The TAB love it when you go to the Cash Out to wimp out of a bet . I always let my bets go to the its ultimate result ,thats what its all about isnt it? Cheers BH

Injuries, track bias, weather, many more reasons you may want to. Although if your not laying off on the exchange then your stupid. 

JJF, I can cope with their reduced odds...they are hamstrung by the sporting codes and the deep black hole of NZ racing. If you race horses in NZ you are semi-compelled to support them.

But, when I see them squandering their monopoly status and fancy-pants assets...that's when I get agitated

2 hours ago, wobbly said:

JJF, I can cope with their reduced odds...they are hamstrung by the sporting codes and the deep black hole of NZ racing. If you race horses in NZ you are semi-compelled to support them.

But, when I see them squandering their monopoly status and fancy-pants assets...that's when I get agitated

Very good

28 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

I can’t think of a single “good monopoly” ever, anywhere, and on that basis any introduced competition would be helpful in lifting standards, service & performance 

Agreed re Monopoly (unless I had one).  One of the major problems with the TAB being a monopoly is it has no urgency.  If you are making big money in a sinking ship you would want it to sink slowly.

On a side note, turnover figures were very good for Awapuni (up 98% to 1.77M) and Ellerslie (up 19%to $4.9M)  boxing day fixtures.  Good weather and increased runners a big contributor.

I done a very quick analysis on today's AFL game.  

image.png.52da2caa9d0dd411ded664edf7376b09.png

Interesting the way the TAB had slightly better odds at start, I fear we are chasing turnover here a little for justification on the money spent on the new TAB site.  I want this to work however till I think the TAB operates along side its competitors we are on a sinking ship.