RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
uneasy

Kumara

1 hour ago, THE TORCH said:

Was a great circuit all round. Where are the baggers?? Probably praying theyll be right next year :rcf-sad-1:

I think what these sorts of things continue to show is that the strength of NZ racing is often in the provincial circuits rather than the metropolitan clubs. Sure we need the metropolitan clubs to provide the Derbies etc, but don't continue to blame the country clubs for the failings of the NZ racing industry. I find it hard to comprehend that NZ racing is struggling because of Hokitika, Waimate and Winton. We should celebrate our strengths and not be embarrassed by them. Make the most of our points of difference.

Those early $40,000 races at Trentham this weekend wouldn't even have three dividends if it wasn't for the SI contribution. So don't knock the SI contribution. I bet the WRC is ecstatic to have that form from Waikouaiti and Kurow enhancing their meeting.

8 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I think what these sorts of things continue to show is that the strength of NZ racing is often in the provincial circuits rather than the metropolitan clubs. Sure we need the metropolitan clubs to provide the Derbies etc, but don't continue to blame the country clubs for the failings of the NZ racing industry. I find it hard to comprehend that NZ racing is struggling because of Hokitika, Waimate and Winton. We should celebrate our strengths and not be embarrassed by them. Make the most of our points of difference.

Those early $40,000 races at Trentham this weekend wouldn't even have three dividends if it wasn't for the SI contribution. So don't knock the SI contribution. I bet the WRC is ecstatic to have that form from Waikouaiti and Kurow enhancing their meeting.

Well said, and agree with your and the torches comments, managed to get to 3 of the 4 westcoast meets, weather on the whole was good, fields stood up very well, well supported by both north and south island horses, racing was good with very competitive finishes, grassroots roots racing at it's best, you can see why they keep coming back, well done to greymouth for stepping up to the plate re the kumara cancellations, much more exciting than going to the big Mets where the stakes are high but the fields are average,  well done to all those owners trainer punters and jockeys, pleased to see all get around safely, let's look forward to next year.