RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
uneasy

Kumara

Good Afternoon,

After overnight rain and further inspection of the Kumara track it has been decided, despite some improvement at Kumara, that there is not full confidence in providing a safe racing surface at that venue. The meeting will therefore transfer to Omoto and be conducted by the Greymouth JC. The 1810m races will transfer to 2000m while the 1150m races will now be run at 1100m. A MDN 1500m race ($10k) has been added to the programme.

Those horses already nominated for the Kumara meeting will automatically be transferred into the corresponding race at the Greymouth JC meeting.

So as others have said, it was inspected and good to go a couple of weeks back. The change is due to the rain falling now? Surely if it was good to go a proviso should have been included in regards to any future significant /substantial rainfall leading up to the meeting. I smell BS.

3 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

So its back to Omoto...brilliant news! Will be an awesome sight watching the Nuggets field go around there. Might be first in first served with the stalls though! :rcf-rich-1:

No Nuggets this year meeting being run by GJC

Who cares? Theyre moving to Omoto so just enjoy that!!! Theyll out do Trentham in some way so just bloody enjoy good old fashioned grassroots racing. If you look hard enough you’ll find things to nit pick in any country with their industry. Get off your ass and get to the actual races instead of waiting for the next thing to mope about. Honestly.

54 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

Who cares? Theyre moving to Omoto so just enjoy that!!! Theyll out do Trentham in some way so just bloody enjoy good old fashioned grassroots racing. If you look hard enough you’ll find things to nit pick in any country with their industry. Get off your ass and get to the actual races instead of waiting for the next thing to mope about. Honestly.

Agree, time to move on and enjoy the racing, much better facilities down there, hope the weather plays it's part.

Well done Greymouth JC for keeping show on road , well done Reefton offering up facilities too  some top can do attitude appreciated by a many iam sure  .Hopefully Kumara are back on line in 2021, get the mad butcher in to sort the pig issue , he will do the biz on the porkies . Roll on Wednesday , Saturday and Tuesday week. Love nutting out Coast form through the circuit . 

I'm confused. Uneasy suggests there will be no nuggets this year, but the calendar indicates exactly the same programme will be held at Omoto as was proposed at Kumara. It does sound like Greymouth will now run the meeting rather than Kumara racing at Omoto, which does sound a bit ignorant . I think Kumara should just give up given their recent results.

Some credit does need to be given for the best result for the industry being sorted out. Nobody on the circuit has been disadvantaged really. Probably quite a good result. Heaps of ballots at Reefton in the only staying maiden race on the whole circuit, now there will be another stayers maiden at Omoto, so sounds like a good result all round.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:24 PM, Leggy said:

Only time I took a horse there. They'd put tons of coal dust on the track. Rained on race morning. Slippery as buggery when we got there though the weather was fine by then. Watched two helicopters flying round the track for an hour or two trying to dry it out.. Another track inspection. Cancelled. Back on the truck and headed home. The party carried on though apparently, regardless of the horses!

Gold fines, not coal dust...but same result.  As Shad said,  the track has never been reliable since it was ' re-done '  to modern standards...whatever they are. 

Years ago we all knew what it was - a swamp - either damp,  or very damp.  But never unsafe.

8 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I am also a bit confused by the statement that those already nominated for Kumara will be transferred to Greymouth. Surely noms don't close until tues. Who nominates days before noms close?

Sometimes I will if I am going to be busy on nom day to avoid getting sidetracked and forgetting. 

12 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

Wow someone got out of the wrong side of the bed....:rcfe-laughing:

I will just throw a question in here.  Is the Kumara Racing Club no longer in a financial position to be able to race? I have no idea but this all seems rather strange. In saying that I'm pleased there will be a race meeting at Greymouth to give everyone a go.

Does anyone know why we aren't racing the Kumara Nuggets this Saturday? It does seem a bit unusual. Back in July when Oamaru had to abandon its Cup meeting the exact same meeting was held at Ashburton with the Oamaru Cup and the winners incentive that went with it, and all of the original sponsors. A few years ago when Hawkes Bay had to abandon one of their group one days the same programme was held at Wanganui. These were both bigger meetings than Kumara. The usual approach is to transfer the whole meeting, but things seem to be a bit different on this occasion. Good to see 10 races being held on Saturday. 

8 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Does anyone know why we aren't racing the Kumara Nuggets this Saturday? It does seem a bit unusual. Back in July when Oamaru had to abandon its Cup meeting the exact same meeting was held at Ashburton with the Oamaru Cup and the winners incentive that went with it, and all of the original sponsors. A few years ago when Hawkes Bay had to abandon one of their group one days the same programme was held at Wanganui. These were both bigger meetings than Kumara. The usual approach is to transfer the whole meeting, but things seem to be a bit different on this occasion. Good to see 10 races being held on Saturday. 

I'm guessing because Kumara are NOT holding the meeting...i.e. it isn't Kumara at Omoto,  it's Greymouth J.C at Omoto.     Kumara has pulled out of the day completely...so,  no Nuggets.

Well done to the G.J.C for stepping up,  although if the weather gods don't smile,  poor old Westland will cop the worst track.   If things stay fine however,  all should be well.

Not so good for Winston's/Messara's Coast vision......

On 1/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, uneasy said:
On 1/4/2020 at 7:50 PM, uneasy said:

I have seen photo and videos of track and will be very surprised if they race there. Need to organise alternative track which I suggest should be Reefton, can't imagine Omoto could handle 3 days racing so should transfer to Reefton

Track looked in magnificent order. Well done greymouth.