RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
uneasy

Kumara

I have seen photo and videos of track and will be very surprised if they race there. Need to organise alternative track which I suggest should be Reefton, can't imagine Omoto could handle 3 days racing so should transfer to Reefton

38 minutes ago, uneasy said:

I have seen photo and videos of track and will be very surprised if they race there. Need to organise alternative track which I suggest should be Reefton, can't imagine Omoto could handle 3 days racing so should transfer to Reefton

Oh dear. All sounded a bit hopefull and a bit of a wing and a prayer that the track would be ok. Have the horses committed for the circuit now so need to sort that urgently I'd say. Yes, probably has to be Reefton.

4 minutes ago, uneasy said:

Mid day today!!

Oh dear. I was hoping it was a month or two ago! Well that meeting's history then. Why have no alternatives been announced. It must have been obvious this was not a goer when they did the inspection on the 29th or whatever it was.

How could they possibly have concluded:

Further to previous correspondence, the NZTR Tracks Adviser, together with club representatives, re-visited the Kumara Racecourse on Sunday 29 December.

There has been noticeable improvement to the racing surface and with further monitoring and a positive forecast for the majority of days through to 11 January, there is confidence that this meeting, together with all meetings on the West Coast circuit, can proceed as scheduled.

8 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Bob you may be right or are these the smartest pigs ever....digging in a straight line...:rcf-laughing-2::rcf-silent:

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Looks like they were hard on the right rein at the end of the furrow! Lucky they didn't go through the rail. I smell pigshit but don't see any?

Shame. The rest of the track looks a peach.

Has anything  weather wise gone downhill on Coast last few days  because my info from those over there I know  is its been bloody good , have the pigs gone back since inspection . This makes little sense if they gave ok if weather ok a few days back .

That first pic looks pretty dangerous going . Oh well I like Reefton but I've got a bad feeling it will be an afternoon in local TAB and zippo racing on Coast Saturday . Bloody shame .

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

First time I was at Kumara a horse called Vivz won , it swam like Danyon Loader . Never seen anything like it with surface water . Maybe the pigs drowned that year .

Won the Nuggets, 1996. Ray Harris trained it maybe?

11 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Won the Nuggets, 1996. Ray Harris trained it maybe?

That be right as remember colours were same as Paul Harris colours . It pissed down . Been drowned there, roasted there and watched a helicopter try dry the track there over past 20 plus years . It's a great days racing .

26 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

First time I was at Kumara a horse called Vivz won , it swam like Danyon Loader . Never seen anything like it with surface water . Maybe the pigs drowned that year .

The good old days, when the track could race wether they had a month of fine weather or rain, but in their wisdom turned it upside down and so called improvements, the rest is history, just look at the abandonments they have had since, just one of a few tracks that have had issues after so called improvements, load of old hog wash I say.

10 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

That be right as remember colours were same as Paul Harris colours . It pissed down . Been drowned there, roasted there and watched a helicopter try dry the track there over past 20 plus years . It's a great days racing .

Only time I took a horse there. They'd put tons of coal dust on the track. Rained on race morning. Slippery as buggery when we got there though the weather was fine by then. Watched two helicopters flying round the track for an hour or two trying to dry it out.. Another track inspection. Cancelled. Back on the truck and headed home. The party carried on though apparently, regardless of the horses!

1 minute ago, Leggy said:

Only time I took a horse there. They'd put tons of coal dust on the track. Rained on race morning. Slippery as buggery when we got there though the weather was fine by then. Watched two helicopters flying round the track for an hour or two trying to dry it out.. Another track inspection. Cancelled. Back on the truck and headed home. The party carried on though apparently, regardless of the horses!

That was the last time I went to, think I seen the finish of the first race, then was over after a long wait to see if the chopper trick worked, never been back, over rated, facilities poor, rather go to omoto or reefton any day.

Somethings gotta give this week, on, move or off . Massive stitch up for connections of those down from North if off as few of regulars in at Omoto . Imho if off they owe it to those to move it to give them another day to try get gas money .

8 minutes ago, Shad said:

That was the last time I went to, think I seen the finish of the first race, then was over after a long wait to see if the chopper trick worked, never been back, over rated, facilities poor, rather go to omoto or reefton any day.

Iam big fan of Omoto, good viewing , decent bar ,  nice little pre parade ring . Long may the three left survive for few more years . 

Given choice I'd rather have a ticket to Omoto than Meydan in next few weeks .

36 minutes ago, uneasy said:

They will not be racing at Kumara given the rain this morning 

So if off you know better than most , have conditions changed since last inspection.  I know Coast quite well , it's a dollar 5 odds boost Ladbrokes from 30th Dec to 11th Jan it's gonna piss down one day on thag window so that must have been factored in to decision last week surely .