RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Littletramp

He's a Gold Digger

It was appropriate Jason Teaz called the race. Nice call too.

Back in the eighties the Teaz family bred, owned and trained Silver Rhapsody a useful galloper that won a WFA at Ellerslie with David Peake . And yes apparently before Jason was born Malcolm Hill rode Silver Rhapsody when it won its first race 25 Sep 1984. Also seems the last winner he rode.

Unusual story. Whats Malcolm been doing in the meantime?  Come in Jason.

Brilliant stuff. What a great story of a man who has persevered and deserves this success. The fist pump salute said it all. His own personal Everest/Melbourne Cup victory. I suspect there are few thrills better in racing for the battlers than to own, train and ride your horse to success. Well done Malcolm and welcome back.  He rode the horse well and has clearly lost none of the ability that saw him register 45 wins, 36 seconds and 40 thirds from 634 rides nearly four decades ago. I hope there are many more to come.

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

Outstanding yarn. Brings a tear to the eye. Well done Malcolm.

Brings more than a tear. I was at Trentham January 1983 taking along lady friend and wanting to impress with racing knowledge. After a few races the Wellington Derby so she pulled out $5 and said she wanted to back Rosetown Lad and Malcolm Hill. Knowing the horse had no chance I deliberately took a wrong number for her hoping that would make her happy. 

From memory the horse led all the way and paid somewhere like $100. Didn't go down well at all.!!!

On 1/3/2020 at 10:34 PM, slam dunk said:

Brings more than a tear. I was at Trentham January 1983 taking along lady friend and wanting to impress with racing knowledge. After a few races the Wellington Derby so she pulled out $5 and said she wanted to back Rosetown Lad and Malcolm Hill. Knowing the horse had no chance I deliberately took a wrong number for her hoping that would make her happy. 

From memory the horse led all the way and paid somewhere like $100. Didn't go down well at all.!!!

Backed up a week later in Trentham Stakes when it was WFA over 2400m and run second to the game mare Bound to Honour