RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

What A Shambles

17 hours ago, Red Rum said:

The hood was on close  before the jump , or maybe iam losing it . I remember the marker pen initials written on one of the ear slots . Be a really interesting enquiry , that's some training fees down gurgler if that race was sole mid summer target , most would be real pissed off with financial cost  once this earlier enquiry came to light .

And if the correct decision, i.e. voiding the race, had occurred, the cost to those parties and the club would have been even greater. The cynic in me argues that is probably why that did not occur. Of course the cost to punters is not considered.

15 minutes ago, puha said:

Could they of carried on the race and just had the horse behind the gates declared a non starter . By declaring a false start the situation was made worse .

All well and good to suggest that in hindsight, but in the heat of the moment that requires one person to make an instant decision, and whichever way they went they would be criticised.

39 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

All well and good to suggest that in hindsight, but in the heat of the moment that requires one person to make an instant decision, and whichever way they went they would be criticised.

Agree as it wouldn’t be protocol was just a thought . 

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

The conditions for a false start according to the Starter Manual (a gate malfunction) were not met, so I  think it would be totally justifiable and not open to criticism on that basis to have let the race proceed. That's what should have happened in accord with the rules. Not a difficult decision in the moment I would have thought. Pretty obvious to me as it happened.

Didn't see the race but convention is that the Boss takes the blame, as how many Ministers have been sacked from Cabinet - actually not a good example as the 'Boss' chose them and he/she should resign.

Starter at fault but what were the Assistant Starter, other assistants, Clerk/s of the Course and jockey doing at the time? Was it a case of all/many not following procedures?

7 hours ago, Leggy said:

The conditions for a false start according to the Starter Manual (a gate malfunction) were not met, so I  think it would be totally justifiable and not open to criticism on that basis to have let the race proceed. That's what should have happened in accord with the rules. Not a difficult decision in the moment I would have thought. Pretty obvious to me as it happened.

They don't apply the rules of the manual according to the other stipes report from Avondale  so maybe they applied the what they feel like rule , or what's been doing for 25 years  , or remembered from last time what to do when three or so scratched out after recall .

I like Mike Guerin , I don't think he's too bad but he appears to have swallowed the hood on story in his Herald report . Possibly  the stipes cam or trackside could see if two horses reared in the gate or behind , or if clerks horse was in line sight of Jonny no mates who was left behind . What's the clerks horse doing behind the gates anyway . Iam not sure what's to do for them there .

7 hours ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

Didn't see the race but convention is that the Boss takes the blame, as how many Ministers have been sacked from Cabinet - actually not a good example as the 'Boss' chose them and he/she should resign.

Starter at fault but what were the Assistant Starter, other assistants, Clerk/s of the Course and jockey doing at the time? Was it a case of all/many not following procedures?

What if  Jacinda Ardern makes a mistake do we get/want Winston Peters as the No.1 starter?
Food For Thought people? :blink:

Auckland Racing Club - Wednesday 1 January 2020

posted Feb 2, 2020, 7:14 PM by Veronica Algar   [ updated Feb 2, 2020, 7:14 PM ]

Race 8 - SkyCity City Of Auckland Cup (Group 3) An inquiry has been concluded into the circumstances surrounding a false start being declared after a start to this race was effected when one runner, being the horse PINMEDOWN, had yet to be loaded into its barrier stall.

The finding of the investigation was that the Starter Mr T Harrison in pressing the start button had failed to obtain an all clear (that the final runner had been loaded, all gates were closed and a start may be effected) from the Assistant Starter as required in the NZTR Starter’s Manual and in addition had failed to follow a previous direction of the Stipendiary Stewards that in a circumstance involving one or two runners the race should be allowed to proceed with those runners able to be declared non-starters.

Mr Harrison was initially stood down from further starting duties and as he has subsequently resigned from his position as Starter employed by a number of Northern Region Clubs the Stipendiary Stewards will be taking no further action.