RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

A Disgrace

We are now going to be 2020. Tavistock died this week. I was asked this week what his form was....you know ....how good was he as a race horse. I then go the the NZTR site. And what do I get...shitty mediocre useless coverage of anything that should be there. No videos, no really meaningful coverage...Bernard, I have suggested many a time that you get the Information Processing System (IPS) for our racing up to speed. I have also said this to you Alan, and to you Rick, and to anyone else who has come into my view. You have all let us down and if you continue not to produce this simple industry asset then you should get a new job

Just another bitch about this useless site...

I don't know about you all but I am sick and tired of having the buffering to this site compromised. Doesn't happen in the other sites I visit. 

And today, Only in Jakarta has the following as the racing silks.....well guess what...they're wrong.

This is what this useless Love racing site has the colours as

image.thumb.png.ea4e3586a3bb26763842e812a1af8957.png

But check the silks out....they're Blue, not white

image.png.804324d2e9399580d77dd0386eaddd61.png

How many times are these wrong you might ask....heaps of times

You incompetents in Petone need to get your acts together. It's time you blokes got it together....no excuses...

image.png

17 hours ago, talk said:

It might have its faults, but for me the NZTR site is the most useful site there is for helping you with your punting and other racing information.

Cheers

tony

The mere fact that you say it has some faults is an indication of mediocrity. This site has been rubbish for years but nothing is ever done about it. Go to the Racing Post site, or the Attheraces site or Racingtv site and you will understand what I am talking about although most of you wont get the benefit of them because you've probably not understood the concept of franking the form. The Racing Post site is the best. If you register, you'll find a layer of information that provides info that should be there for everyone for free. 

That's what I have been ranting about.....for nearly 20 years. Our site is average at best. We need to get up up to speed on this and quickly.

And while I'm at it, I went to the Attheraces site to watch a horse that raced at Wolverhampton overnight. Whole race was available straight away.....no buffering, good clarity. Then went to the NZTR site to compare. Buffering at start, stopped every 350m while it played catch up. What a bore. So this tells me that the encryption code that they are using is shite. So they've got to get this sorted as well.

Come on NZTR....give us a Christmas present....get someone who knows what needs to be done on the case....

2 hours ago, Berri said:

And while I'm at it, I went to the Attheraces site to watch a horse that raced at Wolverhampton overnight. Whole race was available straight away.....no buffering, good clarity. Then went to the NZTR site to compare. Buffering at start, stopped every 350m while it played catch up. What a bore. So this tells me that the encryption code that they are using is shite. So they've got to get this sorted as well.

Come on NZTR....give us a Christmas present....get someone who knows what needs to be done on the case....

I agree the videos on loveracing are awful to watch, especially on mobile technology like tablets. Which doesn't help the modern punter.

Te Aroha trials 16th Dec . A few cast offs from HK and Singapore trialing . Also caught my eye trialing was 6 year old German bred Dragon Lips . Look at form shown unraced , however checking him out he's a Group 2 and Group 3 winner in Germany , then after 2nd pattern win shipped to HK no doubt decent price with Derby in  mind . Formed nosedived there big style , beat 2 home in about 6 starts . Clearly no slouch if he comes right . Not sure why his form slipped  through to keeper when all other imports trialing form was shown  as he has way better form .

I had to smile reading the press report about the Timaru Cup won by Who Dare Wins, which is reproduced here on racecafe. After the race the trainer said he would aim for the Dunedin Cup as he wanted to try him over 2,000m, so the press report diligently quoted the 2,000m Dunedin Cup as his next target. As far as I know the Dunedin Cup has always been over 2,400m. You would think someone doing media reports would know such basic info. 

43 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I had to smile reading the press report about the Timaru Cup won by Who Dare Wins, which is reproduced here on racecafe. After the race the trainer said he would aim for the Dunedin Cup as he wanted to try him over 2,000m, so the press report diligently quoted the 2,000m Dunedin Cup as his next target. As far as I know the Dunedin Cup has always been over 2,400m. You would think someone doing media reports would know such basic info. 

People make errors, it could be a typo.

Try and cheer up, it's Xmas.

Oh and a bit of festive advice, try not to sit in the dark, in your underpants, critiquing all of racing supposed woes. Have a shower, put some fresh kit on and go outside and breath the air in our beautiful country. 

Happy New Year,  good wishes to you Ebeneser....