RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

The Party

The biggest let down since the Car boot party infield of yesteryear Ellerslie is the variety of booze on offer at Nightclub prices, Corona in a can is donkey piss. Part of the ticketing process should of involved the target audiences preferences. One things for sure , back in the day the young Kids were drawn back because of the atmosphere not the booze and likelihood of getting laid.If its  not about the Racing how do you expect to maintain the audience over time...particularly outside of summer

6 hours ago, Gruff said:

The biggest let down since the Car boot party infield of yesteryear Ellerslie is the variety of booze on offer at Nightclub prices, Corona in a can is donkey piss. Part of the ticketing process should of involved the target audiences preferences. One things for sure , back in the day the young Kids were drawn back because of the atmosphere not the booze and likelihood of getting laid.If its  not about the Racing how do you expect to maintain the audience over time...particularly outside of summer

The Qld Magic Millions Race Day is on in a few weeks and if you want a seat in The Chairman’s Lounge it’s $620 a head. 

Trumpy we are a backwater, different DNA - I can go to CJC Winter Cup Day superb meal and full day for $65 and they can't fill it up went to  Phil Collins in February for $395 here in Christchurch and no issue, racing on NZ has no followers - so sad

17 minutes ago, puha said:

Aussie cheerleader can’t resist 

To be fair we are a mess , couple weeks out from Kumara for example and NZTR cannot get shit together . Organised the trip over , people taken leave and got leave passes from the big bosses at home  and still no certainty . Like if it's off its  off , or if it's off it on at x location . A shambles and embarrassing explaining to non racing guys what's doing . Potentially wasted days leave for few of us . It's not like it's late weather conditions a factor . They are killing the game . 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

To be fair we are a mess , couple weeks out from Kumara for example and NZTR cannot get shit together . Organised the trip over , people taken leave and got leave passes from the big bosses at home  and still no certainty . Like if it's off its  off , or if it's off it on at x location . A shambles and embarrassing explaining to non racing guys what's doing . Potentially wasted days leave for few of us . It's not like it's late weather conditions a factor . They are killing the game . 

Meeting News

West Coast Racemeetings in January 2020 - Update

Earlier this season the Kumara track incurred damage in a number of areas due to wild pigs getting on to the surface. Remedial work has been hampered by significant and regular rainfall. In recent weeks NZTR, Club and RIU representatives have made two trips to inspect the condition of the Kumara track as well as the Reefton and Greymouth tracks.

Currently it is still the intention to run the four meetings as scheduled, however this will be dependent on any further rainfall and the improvement of the racing surface at Kumara. A further inspection at Kumara will take place on Sunday 29 December with another communication being made either that day or on Monday 30 December.

3 hours ago, puha said:

Aussie cheerleader can’t resist 

As usual, not surprisingly, you missed the point Puha. My comment re the MM cost of entry was that people will always pay for “quality”. I’ve been to the Chairman’s at GC Turf Club on Melb Cup day at a cost of $350 a head. I relinquished my Club Membership after that terrible experience. I voted with my wallet and feet. They’ve since reviewed their quality control and they gave me a complimentary lunch for two in the Skyline Lounge - which was superb. I haven’t renewed my membership but have been back to the Skyline Lounge. :) 

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

Meeting News

West Coast Racemeetings in January 2020 - Update

Earlier this season the Kumara track incurred damage in a number of areas due to wild pigs getting on to the surface. Remedial work has been hampered by significant and regular rainfall. In recent weeks NZTR, Club and RIU representatives have made two trips to inspect the condition of the Kumara track as well as the Reefton and Greymouth tracks.

Currently it is still the intention to run the four meetings as scheduled, however this will be dependent on any further rainfall and the improvement of the racing surface at Kumara. A further inspection at Kumara will take place on Sunday 29 December with another communication being made either that day or on Monday 30 December.

So if Kumara is OK it's on , but if kumara off there appears to be no back up plan that's what iam saying . It does not say if Kumara off its transfered to Omoto or Reefton . Obviously then if those tracks washed out that's the game weathers the weather  but sounds like if Mr and Mrs Piggy have done too much damage the meeting gone for yet another year .  

38 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

So if Kumara is OK it's on , but if kumara off there appears to be no back up plan that's what iam saying . It does not say if Kumara off its transfered to Omoto or Reefton . Obviously then if those tracks washed out that's the game weathers the weather  but sounds like if Mr and Mrs Piggy have done too much damage the meeting gone for yet another year .  

Symbolic of the industry RR, this years festive racing looks a fizzer and set to get worse.

1 hour ago, von Smallhaussen said:

The swines have rooted racing at Kumara!

as for party at the races - there was only one and that was in the members carpark at trentham way back in the 90's. Went well into the night and when it got dark it was all on. :rcf-laughing-1: or should I say all off!

So, there was a rooting event at Trentham as well back then? Kumara's not the first?

On 12/25/2019 at 12:08 AM, Trump said:

I went to a real good INDIAN restaurant last night. Xcellent food and byo wine. I had two Burleigh Big Head stubbies @ $10 a hit. Who cares - as long as you’re having a good time! 

You comparing The Palace of India to Infield Ellerslie Trump :rcf-rich-1: