RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cooper

Cooper38@

Horses Breaking Down

Can anyone tell me why so many horses seem to be breaking down these days at the gallops?  Was watching Ashburton today and it was very distressing to see one break down in the straight.  Also saw another one break down earlier in the week. I love my racing but it is so sad to see this happening more often these days. So sad for all the connections of these horses. 

6 hours ago, Cooper said:

Horses Breaking Down

Can anyone tell me why so many horses seem to be breaking down these days at the gallops?  Was watching Ashburton today and it was very distressing to see one break down in the straight.  Also saw another one break down earlier in the week. I love my racing but it is so sad to see this happening more often these days. So sad for all the connections of these horses. 

Generally in  most racing jurisdictions the numbers are trending down  . Taking all forms of racing the On Course  fatality rate in UK was 0.22 pc of runners in 2018  , considering the amount of jump racing there it's quite low . The percentage on flat turf and AW is very low .Not sure if NZTR have such exact figures , they certainly should do but my guess is they will be broadly similar.  I am reasonably sure the numbers of breakdowns are not increasing here . To be fair to NZTR the details are always on stipes reports .

7 hours ago, Cooper said:

Horses Breaking Down

Your dreaming Cooper, first time at Matamata in 81 i watched Honest promise get put out of misery without a sight screen at the 200m, shocking sight a horse in distress particularly as a Young Jaffa  , happens very rarely considering the amount of racing and one could argue the Human element is more disturbing....didnt see a post from you after Dom Mansour got squashed at Te Aroha or when his close friend almost got killed at Te Rapa the week after :rcf-sad-2:  You follow any form of risky competive sport there will be casualties, keep it in perspective because these Animals are looked after better than those sleeping around Auckland Streets :rcf-sad-1: