SORRY FOR THE OUTAGE WE TRANSFERRED TO A NEW SERVER...HOPE ALL GOOD NOW.
poundforpound

Nigel McGrath RIU / JCA charges

Any word on how his JCA heading went Monday ?

I’m sure it was scheduled for this week.

Multiple sources are telling me HRNZ got involved and tried to have the matter dismissed because it lacked substance and brought the harness game into disrepute 

Any informed and sensible comments on this please ?

24 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Multiple sources are telling me HRNZ got involved and tried to have the matter dismissed because it lacked substance and brought the harness game into disrepute 

Whats it got to do with them?? And, doesn't the Chair have horses with NM???????

Greg

First day held last Monday which was taken up with the RIU staff trying to justify their charges. The JCA have adjourned the hearing untill the 25th January for the defense to get a chance to point out how absurd the charges are. Even HRNZ have instructed the RIU to Not charge McGrath as in their opinion there is no charge to make under the rules of harness racing. The RIU have failed to respond to the HRNZ instruction and have proceeded regardless. A total farce that is having a tremendous affect on the defendant, financially and mentally

1 minute ago, poundforpound said:

Well they own 25% of the RIU for a start... 

Wasn't one of the reasons the RIU and JCA was formed was to give independence to the  judicial process.

Either way ,i think HRNZ should be taking an arms length approach until the case is taken to its conclusion, whatever the outcome. You may see it differently which is entirely your prerogative

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Wasn't one of the reasons the RIU and JCA was formed was to give independence to the  judicial process.

Either way ,i think HRNZ should be taking an arms length approach until the case is taken to its conclusion, whatever the outcome. You may see it differently which is entirely your prerogative

Greg

Perhaps HRNZ can see common sense and are saying enough's enough and are trying to put a stop to some of these cases before any more damage is done. The RIU might have put themselves in a no win situation with some of these cases, are desperate and are charging ahead regardless to get some sort of justification for the massive amount of time and money spent, probably to the detriment of the industry and those involved.

Lets get some perspective here. Firstly let me say I have no opinion on any of the charges and their validity as I don't know enough about them. However, the Chairman of HRNZ, who is known to be actively lobbying against all these charges, is a longtime owner in mcGrath's stable.  So is another HRNZ board member, Wastney. They currently race Duke together from the stable. HRNZ's Vice-Chairman owns many horses in the stable of another charged in Inca, including arguably their best horse. Again no judgements on my part regards the charges, but how can these guys have any involvement in making decisions related to the game's integrity structure and matters given their conflicts of interest.

1 minute ago, Toblerone said:

Lets get some perspective here. Firstly let me say I have no opinion on any of the charges and their validity as I don't know enough about them. However, the Chairman of HRNZ, who is known to be actively lobbying against all these charges, is a longtime owner in mcGrath's stable.  So is another HRNZ board member, Wastney. They currently race Duke together from the stable. HRNZ's Vice-Chairman owns many horses in the stable of another charged in Inca, including arguably their best horse. Again no judgements on my part regards the charges, but how can these guys have any involvement in making decisions related to the game's integrity structure and matters given their conflicts of interest.

My point exactly and why i raised it earlier. Just shows IMO what a hopeless governance model HRNZ operate or dont operate under.

Greg

Everyone is conflicted here because it’s a small industry.

I’m told Macintyre was an appalling witness at this hearing.....go check how many fronts he’s conflicted on by familial relationships to those involved, not to mention “other” areas he may be involved in that might not stand close scrutiny 

I stand by my earlier assertion though that generally speaking the JCA members are fair and reasonable so fingers crossed justice will be done here 

The RIU  are now past the point of no return. Their $200k jobs are on the line, If they pull the pin now they are gone not to mention the lawsuits that will follow.

Desperate is the word!

There are higher up individuals involved here all designed to bring one particular code to its knees.

Call it a conspiracy theory but why else has this bullshit go on for so long. 

2 hours ago, tim vince said:

Matt andersondischarged without conviction.what next by riu compassion or charges.

He's been through enough surely.no race fixing no conviction I'd like to see him be left to what he does best drive winners.been through he'll and back.its enough.

Saw that.....but the RIU has to save face now so we all know what comes next 

On 12/19/2019 at 11:55 PM, poundforpound said:

RIU needs to show restraint and give the guy a break - every person who has done similar has been shown full leniency in the courts - my view a far higher legal authority than RIU .

All of this is nothing compared to what is going on over here.

Rene Allard who finished 3rd in money won behind Ron Burke became the 29th person indicted and arrested.  Read what they did to the horses from intercepted text messages.

https://harnessracingupdate.com/pdf/generic/2020-03-13-Allard.pdf

Cohen: What’s going on with the Allard death camp?
Grasso: (Laughter) well I didn’t get anymore emergency calls yesterday so I am assuming…
Cohen: Assuming the number stopped at 7?
Grasso: Well yeah
Cohen” How many died?
Grasso: Three
Cohen. Jeez. What were you thinking?
Grasso: Three or two maybe.
The pair continue to discuss the situation before wrapping up:
Grasso: …One of them just died on the table they just cut him open and poof it died.
Cohen: Holy f–k did they do an autopsy?
Grasso: Their heart rate was like triple they were breathing real heavy their membranes were going f-ing purple.

Anyone who does this shit to a horse needs to be stuck in a jail cell for many, many years

On 12/19/2019 at 11:55 PM, poundforpound said:

Don’t think so P for P !

On 12/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Stables said:

First day held last Monday which was taken up with the RIU staff trying to justify their charges. The JCA have adjourned the hearing untill the 25th January for the defense to get a chance to point out how absurd the charges are. Even HRNZ have instructed the RIU to Not charge McGrath as in their opinion there is no charge to make under the rules of harness racing. The RIU have failed to respond to the HRNZ instruction and have proceeded regardless. A total farce that is having a tremendous affect on the defendant, financially and mentally

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-sport/star-racing/high-profile-horse-trainer-barred-racecourses?fbclid=IwAR0aqjzQPaHj-YvtXp-wNPII__8rWnGl8qjICH35Nbf9zHQjQU-bUDE0-so