RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

The carnival is over

2 hours ago, tim vince said:

Stonewall 54 plus GST a day.very reasonable.cant imagine that part of the business makes much.they bring so many horses each work they are the difference.

Tim, the adverts re their syndicates do give an all inclusive rate which covers everything .

This gives a buyer having a 'nibble' at ownership ,certainty re cost.

Obviously advertised daily rates are before the myriad of other charges involved with horse ownership.

8 hours ago, Confused said:

I have a small interest in 3 horses that went around Auckland 13/12.When they were not in a Cambridge field for 19/12 I assumed all or some would be racing at Auckland the following night which would of course been a help to boost numbers. However, none of them were, despite there being suitable races programmed

Now the point of this post, in keeping with the problem with harness racing kind of  theme is that I have heard nothing at all from the trainer since 13/12, so I have no idea why they were not nominated, and it is pointless asking him as I am usually ignored.

Maybe there is a valid reason, but how would I know?

I know this topic has probably been done to death before, but while I am only a small fry, I do fork out about $500 a month in training fees for a number of horses and am disillusioned with being left in the dark and the lack of communication.

I will be phasing out of harness ownership as my  current commitments wind up and focusing on other codes where I get treated better.

Id be talking to Syndicate manager and /or sending an email to your trainer. Your getting very poor service and they dont deserve your patronage.

Greg

Confused mate, I had the very same issues myself with 4 different trainers, from flat out money rip off's (innovative accounting) re trainin and racin charges (horses hadn't even left the paddock, it's down South Island racin when it was standing in a back paddock covered in mud etc), to gear theft, it was a nightmare until I contacted HRNZ with complaints and they put me in touch with the right person back then, the Racecourse Inspector, and it all went from there.....yep I did get somewhat soured but over the years I've learned a thing or to, now I would simply get Police involved, do not keep bein ignored, the guy works for you and your Syndicate, and it's your horse!

Cheers Iraklis