RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

The carnival is over

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

Programming an amateur race instead of a Monte would help

Agreed....I think they just have to do this type of thing to get the fields.

Aussies still want our horses and most prepared to flick on horses that are not racing against similar standard here.

I see Double or Nothing off overseas ,no doubt others too.

I still can't understand why ATC and Cambridge don't work in closer with programming ,and a current register kept of horses ready and willing to race.

Maybe they do ?

Christmas at the Races with no horses !

6 hours ago, tim vince said:

Sung by the seekers if you are old enough to remember

Although I was an infant I do remember them

Georgy Girl was their first Number 1 I think

Everyone will probably now say they knew that, but they were an Aussie band

Ah Tim, you've succeeded in making me feel even older than I am

Should they have canned this meeting?    1 race of 6 acceptors, 4 of 7, 2 of 8 and just 1 over 10 (12)     Any scratchings be disastrous.     This must be worst ever - surely they no hope of even breaking even.

No what signal would it send to those with horses.more reason to sell or just turn it up.if the meeting was wiped 4 of  mine would h have been on the plane.remember they are bulk  funded.thanks to the club from me for keeping faith with the average horse and trainers.also  what about the Xmas sales of hospitality.

33 minutes ago, eljay said:

Tim - it appears to be a lose/lose situation

Lloyd ,as Tim says the stakes funding is bulk funding so basically they have the stakes allocated from RITA.

Betting numbers not crucial in this ,though consistently poor figures would count against in future.

I believe the Interdoms betting exceeded budget.

Also the hospitality.....Christmas at the Races at the park has been advertised extensively for months and seems very busy ,especially on a Friday night so one can assume this week no different. Only 8 races and smaller fields and stakes will save some $.

So its really a WIN/WIN.

Of course the lack of horses has been a concern for some time and should be causing real palpitations.

Waikato seems to have several meetings over next 5 weeks.

My guess would be that the Jan 17 and Jan 24 meetings will need careful consideration by ATC.

Costs are the  killer.stakes decent at the park.personally vets are massive expense for me.its te unknown.we know feed staff etc then bang a 10k vet bill which I experienced recently.the vehicles and so it goes on. I doubt many  professional trainers in  th he north are  making anything but wages and probably under minimum if you count the hours

.i don't know the answer.but getting harder and harder to entice owners.

i see great operation like stone wall still trying to flog shares in  febs yearlings.this is a terrific operation top trainer staff etc produce winners week after week.so what hope everyone else.

Gary - if you think it's a win/win then good for you but I don't see it as such.     A poor product will ultimately rebound on the industry.    It may be bulk funded, but only 8 races means owners (and trainers/drivers through percentages) have missed out on stakes from 1 or 2 races which I can't smile and say is a win.

2 hours ago, eljay said:

Gary - if you think it's a win/win then good for you but I don't see it as such.     A poor product will ultimately rebound on the industry.    It may be bulk funded, but only 8 races means owners (and trainers/drivers through percentages) have missed out on stakes from 1 or 2 races which I can't smile and say is a win.

My comment was really in response to your summary of 'no hope of breaking even' !

Sure its disappointing for the trainers and drivers ,especially the young ones hoping for a career but us owners are in the main 'losing'...its an expensive hobby....so we unlikely to be losing as numbers culled , sold to Aussie or racing in 7 horse fields.

Tim has made that clear....he talks from experience . I too can talk you thru a bit of reality in that regard as well.

3 hours ago, tim vince said:

i see great operation like stone wall still trying to flog shares in  febs yearlings.this is a terrific operation top trainer staff etc produce winners week after week.so what hope everyone else.

Is that the outfit that was advertising 2yos with training fees of about $40,000 a year from memory? Must be pretty blood hard to get people interested at that rate.

As an owner of a horse at Auckland tomorrow night I say thanks to ATC for running 8 races. It still gives those partying at the Park some races to watch and while 90% mightn't know a pacer from the trotter, there will be a few who will return to the track and perhaps even eventually catch the bug and take a share in a horse. As mentioned above, ATC is keeping the faith with owners and we've a better chance than normal of getting a stake.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:20 PM, tim vince said:

Sung by the seekers if you are old enough to remember.and with 70 noms the interdoms over and a Cambridge double up  Auckland struggling.noms left open till Wednesday.shame.

Judith Durham was a wonderful singer in that era.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Judith Durham was a wonderful singer in that era.

Hi JJ  You most probably know this bit of useless info .In 1967 the Seekers home coming concert in Melbourne had the biggest crowd ever 200000 ,of all the incredible bands that have toured Aussie that record still stands . I'm an ACDC fan but Judith Durham has a voice that would make angels weep .Cheers BH

I have a small interest in 3 horses that went around Auckland 13/12.When they were not in a Cambridge field for 19/12 I assumed all or some would be racing at Auckland the following night which would of course been a help to boost numbers. However, none of them were, despite there being suitable races programmed

Now the point of this post, in keeping with the problem with harness racing kind of  theme is that I have heard nothing at all from the trainer since 13/12, so I have no idea why they were not nominated, and it is pointless asking him as I am usually ignored.

Maybe there is a valid reason, but how would I know?

I know this topic has probably been done to death before, but while I am only a small fry, I do fork out about $500 a month in training fees for a number of horses and am disillusioned with being left in the dark and the lack of communication.

I will be phasing out of harness ownership as my  current commitments wind up and focusing on other codes where I get treated better.