RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Racing in trouble in Aus

1 hour ago, 50 win no. 1 said:

He asked you a question and you called them a idiot. Gee how about some manners... Terrible

Hey 50 , Bazza was just reacting to Sickos Dig it seemed and his response isnt anything out of the  norm :rcfe-like: 

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

Most big teams won't bet unless there is a rebate. It is the largest part of their profit.

Yep. I find it hard to believe if Dr Nick was that big that he wasn’t betting big on the tote and getting a rebate.

If he wasn’t betting on the tote why would anyone care if he leaves?

5 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

If he wasn’t betting on the tote why would anyone care if he leaves?

The fact that he is leaving isn't a problem, it's a symptom of the problem.

Increases in tax rates/new taxes (Point of Consumption tax, etc) are driving up the bookies' takeout rates. This is obviously a negative for punters (bookies keeping 5% of fixed odds turnover for themselves+taxes and paying out the rest is better for punters than them keeping 20% of turnover).

The fact that someone as sharp as Dr Nick (who is probably much sharper than any of us) can't make ends meet with increased takeout means the rest of us must be starting to struggle too.

It has been pointed out to me that us individual punters don't have the overheads that Dr Nick has (he has to pay his team of analysts and runners; the rest of us generally don't have a wage bill to cover) so we might not be completely fucked. We may have to get more selective with our bets and only bet where we have our bigger edges, probably reducing turnover in the process (or increasing bet size/risk to maintain turnover).

----------

I'm pretty sure he isn't a tote/rebate guy. I know he has deals with bookies where they let him on for a set amount and, in return, he shares his prices with them so they can finetune their markets.