RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Racing in trouble in Aus

41 minutes ago, barryb said:

Bookie states they struggling to profit , we've heard that before . Probably put off the new Porche till next year . They always been struggling in UK and Ireland for past 40 years . I got a feeling Aussie will be just fine when Dr Nick returns to his usual job at the surgery .

6 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

One massive winning punter leaving the game (on its own) doesn’t mean bad news. It means all the other punters are better off. If you can’t understand that you don’t understand punting.

. Go back and read again before posting and confirming you are an idiot with zero clue.

He accounts for 6% of turnover on Aus Racing. Stimulates the market.

Topsport states that 5 yrs ago 1/5 of punter money came from sports betting, now it’s on a par with racing.

Sydney & Melbourne spring carnivals reported sharp downturn in wagering.

sportsbet $40m hit to profit.

I would say the Spring might have been down due to bad publicity which needs re building , if Aussie racing depends on one punter or even four or five it's a huge business built on paper mache . They are punting in UK according to reports , the UK bookies are bleeding money if their statements are to be believed after FOBT restrictions ( stopping people bunging theIr  benefit money in to those machines by the 50 quid note is no bad thing ) . So if these big punters so big like reports why are UK bookies crying .

You could look at it another way. If Dr Nick is making his profits by way of kickbacks, then the Industry gets less of the % takeout right? I think the POC tax hurt their returns big time. It has to have some effect for sure. 

On 12/16/2019 at 9:27 AM, Pam Robson said:

And it only takes a few more huge punters to vote with their feet and the effects will be very noticeable indeed.

Noticable to the big punters ,corporate bookies and or the tab, but not a lot of difference to the rank and file ......most of the changes are already here in nz for very little effect from my point of view as a mug punter.

On 12/15/2019 at 11:30 PM, Sickopunter said:

One massive winning punter leaving the game (on its own) doesn’t mean bad news. It means all the other punters are better off. If you can’t understand that you don’t understand punting.

If bookies odds are staying above 120% how can that possibly be better for punters? Can you enlighten us , can you share your pearls of wisdom .No two ways about it ,that is why punters like Dr Nick are walking ,and he is NOT coming to NZ because the bookies  here are no more generous than in Aus.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:13 AM, barryb said:

. Go back and read again before posting and confirming you are an idiot with zero clue. 

Topsport states that 5 yrs ago 1/5 of punter money came from sports betting, now it’s on a par with racing.

As expected you don't get it. One huge punter winning makes it harder for all the other punters. If you don't get that you don't get punting.

Call me a name again and I wont be so kind with my replies in future. Show a little decorum.

On 12/16/2019 at 5:12 AM, SMD is rife said:

How are all the other punters better off? I don't understand. 

When one huge punter wins all the losing punters lose at a faster rate. Thats bad news in the long run. When all the other punters decide its too hard they stop. They are the lifeblood of the industry, not one huge punter pillaging everyone else and getting rebates.

On 12/18/2019 at 12:57 PM, 100 1 said:

Got refused further bets on NZ racing  by an Aussie corporate bookie the other day.

Weak.  Small pools I guess for them.

You've shown signs you might not be retarted. Take it as a compliment and a sign of the times

On 12/18/2019 at 6:55 AM, Nukkledragga said:

If bookies odds are staying above 120% how can that possibly be better for punters? Can you enlighten us , can you share your pearls of wisdom .No two ways about it ,that is why punters like Dr Nick are walking ,and he is NOT coming to NZ because the bookies  here are no more generous than in Aus.

Im speaking specifically about tote turnover and rebates.

11 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

Dr Nick didn't back on the tote to any significant level and didn't take rebates. Best not to spout forth when you don't know what you are talking about.

Where did he bet then smarty pants? Spout forth with your wealth of knowledge or sit back down.

2 minutes ago, SMD is rife said:

He bet fixed odds. Still waiting for you to tell us how all the other punters are better off.

I've done it a few times. Still waiting for you to learn how to read obviously.

Still waiting for you to tell us where he bet...

And how does a fixed odds punter who wins leaving the market hurt the industry?

On 12/16/2019 at 6:13 AM, barryb said:

He asked you a question and you called them a idiot. Gee how about some manners... Terrible