RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
TimTimTimbo

Curious what you guys think about Ultimate Sniper

Beating FFA horses up here in USA.

It appears to me that he has the engine to run a huge mile up here as good as if not better than Lazarus who IMO was nowhere near right and was still sick when he ran second in Lexington. I think I am better at judging trotters having raced Basil Dean all those years ago back home but I think Ultimate Sniper is tougher than Lazarus. Natalie sure drives him the hard way from what I see but this horse is something else.

One thing is for sure, up here and down there, the Bettor's Delight's are about the toughest and durable that you can see. Bettors Wish (I think he's the top 3yo earner here) is as tough as nails.  He didn't win the big ones but he never finished out of the money. Chris Ryder said he's gonna do some stud work next year (collecting Semen) while racing I believe if I read it correctly.

Also, Oscar Bonavena is the best trotter I have seen in a long time. Not surprising the Majestic Son"s are cleaning up down there. Being by Anguis Hall that breed is insane with the other two brothers in Andover Hall and Conway Hall.  All three of those super sires have left multiple Sons that have become great sires.

You have (My favourite) in Andover Hall who I think is the best of the 3 brothers who has sired 8 millionaires including Donato Hanover and Swan For All who sired Hannalore Hanover who was the best female trotter here for years and won over 3 million. Then you have a grandson of Conway Hall in Chapter Seven who is leaving trotting machines all over the place.  I notice there are some Andover Hall's over there racing. Like I said, I love that breed.

Anyway, I enjoyed watching all the racing back there tonight, just wanted to get thought on Ultimate Sniper etc.

Cheers

Tim

Be hard to compare but my money would be on Lazarus.    You are right about the Bettors,  if you want a decent shot at getting a G1 performer  in NZ you can’t go past him.   His dominance is unprecedented in NZ.     It’s interesting that SBSW, that has been so dominant in US has not been nearly as successful here.    Will be interesting to see how CaptainT.’s stock go here as he appears to be doing a massive job in the States.   He had his first winner on Friday night in a 2 year old heat of Young Guns series, although the run of the race came from the 2nd places Bettors Delight colt to be fair. 

We've an Andover Hall gelding which is doing all that you could wish. Only out of a 3 win mare but should get to open class - 4 wins from 10 starts then a 2nd last night. Nice size, gait and manners, and never gives up. Andover Hall has a lot of fans in our stable.

Oh Timbo mate, the mighty Laz was summit else :rcfe-happy-2: Sniper is gettin there (he's been very Laz like), and yep he done it last night with summit in store, but Laz was tougher still, which is what allowed him to run the time he did whilst crook, I have no doubts that had Laz been given the necessary time to get fully right over there, he would've busted that record with ease. But, who knows this fella (Sniper) could scale the heights too, he's certainly shapin to be one tough customer an he don't mind doin it ugly if he has tuh.....

Cheers Iraklis

I believe that Ultimate Sniper is an absolute top horse, but Lazarus was a champion he was in another zone or a different planet from the other horses that he raced against and there was some very top horses among them and he destroyed them. I remember talking to Mark at Rangiora one day he said words couldn't express what it was like training and driving him, and if Mark felt that way you know that Lazarus was a complete champion. He was the best of the best.