RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rules For Some

Cole - Court case

The thing is, when you let something like this drag on and on and on, no one cares anymore. The saddest part about it all, this typifies greyhound racing in NZ, like this thread no one cares, there are the few in the industry that dominate everything starting at the top, but for the average person like myself that used to love participating it's dead and buried. There is nothing to attract ownership, dont get me wrong, there are some real good people there, but they must find it bloody hard to compete with the dominaters. It's just as ridiculous when you think about the poor punter looking at the fields being dominated by the few also, the fun and interest has gone.

So true what you say Everton.

I've been in holiday mode but try to stay in touch with results etc, while browsing thru results for Palmy dogs on Monday I see Cole DOMINATED,  some quick stats from Monday... Cole 8/12 races won. 6 Cole trifectas! They claimed 25/36 available spots on the podium!! Wow..and I know,  this is relatively normal it's just that I dont normally scan thru results page and to see it there in black and white was quite confronting and quite sad to be honest.

I hear Hayley Mullane is going to be working for Cole, after appearing to be a promising, successful young trainer the struggle has become real, no more so than when she started training his and Rendle's cast-offs , so from promising young northern trainer to CD Cole minion...she's been enveloped into the Cole web and this is just another small example of the sickening dominance of this man.

9 hours ago, Lowdown said:

I've been in holiday mode but try to stay in touch with results etc, while browsing thru results for Palmy dogs on Monday I see Cole DOMINATED,  some quick stats from Monday... Cole 8/12 races won. 6 Cole trifectas! They claimed 25/36 available spots on the podium!! Wow..and I know,  this is relatively normal it's just that I dont normally scan thru results page and to see it there in black and white was quite confronting and quite sad to be honest.

I hear Hayley Mullane is going to be working for Cole, after appearing to be a promising, successful young trainer the struggle has become real, no more so than when she started training his and Rendle's cast-offs , so from promising young northern trainer to CD Cole minion...she's been enveloped into the Cole web and this is just another small example of the sickening dominance of this man.

You tend to struggle when you have 100+ dogs and you dont even have 1/4 racing

On 1/7/2020 at 8:27 PM, Lowdown said:

Hayley's average to above average training stat's started to plummet like a deflated hot air balloon the day she started racing those Cole/Rendle cast off's. A large number of them (like most dogs he moves on) had one start and broke down, bet she didn't get any kennel fee's for rehabilitating those lemons either. Why people can't see that if he is wanting to move a dog on its because he's got the 5 or 6 low grade wins from it to recoupe some outlay and he knows they won't compete, why the hell would he not train them himself for 3/4's of their stake earnings instead of 25%! Time to sharpen up people and say NO to their sh#t! 

With everything going on about greyhound racing in Australia in the media, you would think our lot would be doing everything they can to showcase the sport as being safe, straight, kind to the animals etc etc. But what happens, proverbial head in the sand syndrome hoping it will all go away which means they dont care, or can't do anything and that is why we will and are already seeing the demise of greyhound racing because they are allowing the few to rule the many.

I am also amazed how our presenters and commentators always waffle on about how unbelievable the Cole kennels are etc, it makes you cringe .. and some are or used to be by association .. that in itself is wrong as well.

I also think Miss Mullane is the contingency for the Cole kennel should things not go their way in court .. an admission of guilt maybe ??

1 hour ago, Everton said:

ssociation .. that in itself is wrong as well.

I also think Miss Mullane is the contingency for the Cole kennel should things not go their way in court .. an admission of guilt maybe ??

Shame on her for getting involved with that kennel. 

8 hours ago, Rules For Some said:

If they lose. She will only be the trainer at face value. You would hope grnz take every step to ensure this does not happen 

Nope that can't happen, certainly not without huge backlash. The precedent for this rule was set during the Schofield case, the police removed him from the property if I recall correctly. Although Lisa is the registered trainer Brendon is a licensed LP so he will also have to pack his bags and move away from the property.. 

On 1/12/2020 at 9:06 PM, My Two Cents said:

Nope that can't happen, certainly not without huge backlash. The precedent for this rule was set during the Schofield case, the police removed him from the property if I recall correctly. Although Lisa is the registered trainer Brendon is a licensed LP so he will also have to pack his bags and move away from the property.. 

Subdivide a block of land from the current block place a house on it apply for a residental address and bingo he is no longer classfied as living on the training property. Nothing stopping him from still running the show over the fence 

I think this thread is a waste of time, All sorts of speculation when the outcome of the case has yet to be decided. There have been a lot of judgements passed on people with no good reason. Saying shame on Hayley is uncalled for and unfair ,she is a very good trainer and the old adage of don't judge someone unless you have walked a mile in their moccasins should be heeded

Just to add to the above , I was wondering if the case will be looking at live kill only. I don't think It is illegal in NZ to throw a dead rabbit to a cattle dog, it is against the rules of Greyhound racing only and that is fair. enough. If that is the case a court of law cannot consider the GRNZ law that will be up to the RIU later.

Presuming that the court case is considering live kill only then the photographed evidence is weak it would take a valid witness's evidence to get a conviction .

Most on this thread have already presumed the outcome and are considering the aftermath, Dumb stuff

On 12/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, Rules For Some said:

For those following the outcome of this case.

He went for a call over which is a trial by jury starting on the 28th Feb.

They are not allowed to release the charges until this date.

So did the trial start today ?

On 1/15/2020 at 11:54 AM, GOM said:

Just to add to the above , I was wondering if the case will be looking at live kill only. I don't think It is illegal in NZ to throw a dead rabbit to a cattle dog, it is against the rules of Greyhound racing only and that is fair. enough. If that is the case a court of law cannot consider the GRNZ law that will be up to the RIU later.

Presuming that the court case is considering live kill only then the photographed evidence is weak it would take a valid witness's evidence to get a conviction .

Most on this thread have already presumed the outcome and are considering the aftermath, Dumb stuff

Good evening GOM.
The charges relate to live baiting only, giving a dead rabbit as food is not illegal. Dead baiting which is a breach of GR rules only would need to be dealt with by the RIU after the legal case concludes. There where widespread changes to the animal welfare Act which also impacted the way you can prepare a dog for an activity such as hunting. I believe live baiting is now banned across the board. How an animal can be killed when hunting or fishing is specified in the Act. Live baiting falls under the "animal cruelty" label and is referred to legally as wilful mistreatment, and rightly so. You spoke above of photographic evidence and witness statements but forgot the forensic evidence. The SPCA stated on TV that they were waiting on the forensic results before charging. The forensic evidence must be strong and would be pertinent to the actual charges. The delay in getting to court once the official investigation concluded is all down to the defense team and the defendant, not the prosecution. The changes to the animal welfare Act were widely publicised and circulated. It's a shame no one bothered to read them.

Cole comes to court on the 26th  March at 10.am. He faces  6 x charges of Ill Treament to animals  ...1 charge of I'll treatment of an animal  and 1 charge of using a place for live baiting..  If The Crown Prosecution did not have substantial evidence surely they would not have pursued this case..  The one charge seperate of I'll treatment is dear to my heart   Woof.. Woof... from the "Rainbow Bridge" for now,  The White Poodle....

Why do you think it has been swept under the carpet for 

I have been told about some of the witnesses and I won't say who and where they are from but  mr cole will be a very sorry man he knows who they are 

4 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

Why do you think it has been swept under the carpet for 

I have been told about some of the witnesses and I won't say who and where they are from but  mr cole will be a very sorry man he knows who they are 

Why do I think it has been swept under the carpet for ?? ... ummm because it's been years, that is why.

6 hours ago, Everton said:

Why do I think it has been swept under the carpet for ?? ... ummm because it's been years, that is why.

There was an accident back in January that pushed the date out and this covid 19 business has pushed it out even further