RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lindsay Joyce

Whangarei Race Track

Have had a few trainers in the past trained good teams from up there but the logistics were hard with the travel to the nearest track. Lindsay are you trying to jump on the ports wagon? 

The existing tracks in the North have trouble filling worthwhile fields now let alone with another. No trainers or racing dogs there and not likely to attract trainers to shift there. As much show of getting a track there as me picking pick 6 this week.

Yep but there are huge track number variances between the codes Stables so not really relevant. Mind you I agree that if others are about to reduce numbers the Dogs trying to add another seems foolhardy and very , very unlikely to happen

On 12/13/2019 at 8:26 AM, GOM said:

Yep but there are huge track number variances between the codes Stables so not really relevant. Mind you I agree that if others are about to reduce numbers the Dogs trying to add another seems foolhardy and very , very unlikely to happen

May not be as foolhardy as you think.

theres going to be alot of growth up north

15 hours ago, Lindsay Joyce said:

May not be as foolhardy as you think.

theres going to be alot of growth up north

What trainer will live up north with how expensive land is? Most wouldnt be able to afford to live from the Bombays up with the amount of land you need to train a dog.

11 minutes ago, Rules For Some said:

What trainer will live up north with how expensive land is? Most wouldnt be able to afford to live from the Bombays up with the amount of land you need to train a dog.

Beaches are free, and there are plenty of them.....:rcfe-like:

Mike as I have stated before Northern Greyhound racing is in a slow decline as you have stated dog numbers are falling away fields are being prop up by southern kennels unwanted dogs if it wasnt for these dogs the situation would be dire. Look at the number of races carded for the Xmas eve meeting at Waikato 12 races up to last year it was always a 20 race card. If it wasnt for strangled hold kennels heats for some of  the feature races wouldnt happen. The grey hair bridgre numbers a becoming more common behind the boxes and some of these must be on the count down to hanging up the collar and leads. Yes the future doesnt look to bright up north.

On 12/21/2019 at 5:52 PM, bus stop said:

Mike as I have stated before Northern Greyhound racing is in a slow decline as you have stated dog numbers are falling away fields are being prop up by southern kennels unwanted dogs if it wasnt for these dogs the situation would be dire. Look at the number of races carded for the Xmas eve meeting at Waikato 12 races up to last year it was always a 20 race card. If it wasnt for strangled hold kennels heats for some of  the feature races wouldnt happen. The grey hair bridgre numbers a becoming more common behind the boxes and some of these must be on the count down to hanging up the collar and leads. Yes the future doesnt look to bright up north.

I think you'll find the reason there was only 12 races is because the racing board has only granted Waikato 1 meeting licence for Xmas Eve over the past two years whereas previously there had been two licences granted allowing for 20 races.

5 hours ago, Flabbergasted said:

I think you'll find the reason there was only 12 races is because the racing board has only granted Waikato 1 meeting licence for Xmas Eve over the past two years whereas previously there had been two licences granted allowing for 20 races.

Even if they were granted 20 races I doubt they could of carded that many, not without 10 c1 races.