RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Joao Moreira

No wonder they call him The Magic Man. On Hong Kong's biggest night he takes 9 rides for 5 wins and 2 minor placings. 2 of the wins and 1 of the placings were in Group 1 races, and, they are truly Grp 1 races

A pleasure to watch a champion ply his trade against the best

Greg

When he is on his game no one better.personally day in day out Zac purton is for me the man.jao has some brain fades.this season the one who is riding good but finding it hard to break thru is b shinn.with the 2 above so dominant hard for the rest.our kiwi trainedboys c ho and k leung are very competitive. Tough school.

Vincent is very under rated and now starting to get entrusted with some good rides. He showed so much natural talent in his early days over here. That Moreira ride on Glory Vase was genius - what guts to go inside on the turn when he had to choose in or out. The result may have been the same either way I guess as the horse won that well.

30 minutes ago, tim vince said:

When he is on his game no one better.personally day in day out Zac purton is for me the man.jao has some brain fades.this season the one who is riding good but finding it hard to break thru is b shinn.with the 2 above so dominant hard for the rest.our kiwi trainedboys c ho and k leung are very competitive. Tough school.

To be fair Tim , a bit like Sydney, you could throw your silks in jockeys room and be happy no matter who walked out with them on. JM has managed to arrive in SGP win there then HKG and then take off to conquer Japan when he had Hong Kong at his mercy. If you think Shinn struggles he was miles better than Dettorri who had his usual offshore nightmare:rcfe-happy-1:

Greg

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

To be fair Tim , a bit like Sydney, you could throw your silks in jockeys room and be happy no matter who walked out with them on. JM has managed to arrive in SGP win there then HKG and then take off to conquer Japan when he had Hong Kong at his mercy. If you think Shinn struggles he was miles better than Dettorri who had his usual offshore nightmare:rcfe-happy-1:

Greg

Dettori had his usual offshore nightmare you state . Have you had a decent look at his record of big race wins across many many countries all over globe , he transcends racing not many names do . He has had a couple of poor rides in Cup and suddenly his usual offshore nightmare comes out .Master Reality holds on its a top ride  but still placed at decent odds . It wasn't his best ride ever late on  but that's sport . If you get time enlighten me which jock has a better offshore CV currently riding ,or  retired from riding , and why heavyweights of racing world want him on .He's been doing the business for years and will pick up a few more of the crown jewels of world racing before he retires . He has ridden some cracker races last few years .

What's his offshore nightmares,  Max Dynamite , Master Reality , did he balls up Almandin ride , I cannot recall I think that horse was past best .

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Class is permanent one of the best in the business JM

JM  certainly is class no doubt at all  , he's done it in Brazil, Singapore and HK , it was only a language exam that stopped him getting long term Japan  contract I think I read . Bar Brazil that's three tracks , no travel closed shop in main with smallish  horse populations   . Likes of Dettori and to lessor extent Moore now he has bagged the big ones here sometimes get a bad wrap in these parts which is odd . They ride the big money future stallions straight off a plane any jurisdiction , any surface , any distance then back on plane and repeat . Not saying JM couldn't do it , iam 100 pc sure he could with right backing but  it's a whole new ball game than rocking up at Kranji and Sha Tin every day .

I think r Moore looks like he can adapt to local conditions easily wherever he rides I have no doubt top Aussie riders are the same.hk is tough.guys like  Neil callan as tough a rider as u will ever see struggling in hk due to the dominance of the big 2.punters  owners very fickle in hk.trainers have to please owners . Lyle hhewitson a top rider hasnt ridden a winner this season.he will be considered unlucky and will get on 100 dollar shots and once one  looks like a next time winner Zac and jao likely to get on.  It's all about money and winning.allegiances and loyalty very fickle.

Not like good old nz. I will be shot down but I think only rider who good enough to make it from nz would be j  Waddell. His history would mean  the would never get a contract.

29 minutes ago, tim vince said:

I think r Moore looks like he can adapt to local conditions easily wherever he rides I have no doubt top Aussie riders are the same.hk is tough.guys like  Neil callan as tough a rider as u will ever see struggling in hk due to the dominance of the big 2.punters  owners very fickle in hk.trainers have to please owners . Lyle hhewitson a top rider hasnt ridden a winner this season.he will be considered unlucky and will get on 100 dollar shots and once one  looks like a next time winner Zac and jao likely to get on.  It's all about money and winning.allegiances and loyalty very fickle.

Not like good old nz. I will be shot down but I think only rider who good enough to make it from nz would be j  Waddell. His history would mean  the would never get a contract.

Ryan Moore can come across as aloof at times , nothing can be further from reality , he comes from a legendary national hunt family , his grandad was a wheeler dealer and from down south of England made money from  pulling off touches in selling hurdles with broken down cast offs he nursed back and ran on the Plumpton and Fontwell circuit , and Brighton on the flat  . As in all good families the next generation was given a better start . Ryan's dad has had and still has some  real nice horses ridden by Ryan's brother  Jamie and is a very good trainer . Years ago I was at Plumpton and Moores granddad had a runner . An old fella in bar  told me that he had odd horse with him over years . Once he said  there was horse in  the yard with dodgy feet   . Charlie Moore had noticed that when he ate jellied eggs from seafront in Brighton  his finger nails grew quicker so he started to dollop eel jelly into horses feed and mix it in , feet repaired over time races won .Might have been BS I was told but might be something in it .