RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

The Holiday Road Toll has begun

6 deaths in the last 24 hours - and it's only 7/12.         Sorry, it's no use hiding behind a curtain of PC - I've seen quite a few already who can't see over the steering wheel driving Remuera tractors with their gaze firmly ahead with no regard to their sides or behind.     Then they think that once they turn on the indicator everyone must stop for them.     Unfortunately these days you can't recognise rentals like once you could, but I am sure many of these big vehicles are rentals and really should not be hired out to tourists who obviously can afford them but can't operate them.      I don't give a rats about PC but the authorities have got to clamp down on these menaces - we want live Kiwis and anyone who cannot control the vehicle they are driving must be put off the road.   Simple - life before PC surely!     

People are travelling to close, and speed limits are dropping... bad combination..it makes it hard to change lanes and the frustrated are overtaking and the ignorant are not letting them in particularly at passing lanes where slow drivers speed up when entering ( these people should lose their licences)courtesy is the only thing that can save us ,sharing our roads. We have to many people who dont  give a shit about others, It started with Cyclists having conversations riding two abreast which opposes anything a sane person would do. People actually voted Green and let in Julie  Anne  Genter , im sure shes a nice person but she cant produce :rcf-sad-4:

Cyclists are privileged (so they think)    They have sole rights on roads and the pollies allow this to happen.    Easy solution is that cycles that use public roads should (must) be registered.    And on top of their registration fee they also pay ACC.     And there should be an age qualification of say 13 to be allowed to cycle on the roads.     Anyone who cycles off public roads would be exempt, also young children  who cycle to school on the footpath.    Also exempt would be racing cycles in organised racing events.      But of course there are insufficient police to patrol roads now so it would appear these people will continue free use of roading subsidised by the motorist!

Cycling the way to go...more should try it.

NZ roads are dangerous ,always have been and often lack shoulders etc so definitely not designed for cycles though more cycle lanes being built which is good.

More kiwis should use public transport.......currently Auckland buses on strike  , while in cities like Auckland buses and trains were never properly planned for.

Road works cause headaches ,so bloody slow at doing the work ,take days off etc.

In Auckland too many folk live too far away from trains and buses they have to take cars everywhere , so its 2 or 3 cars per dwelling.

A serious problem is phones and texting.....so many text now when driving ,even cyclists do now and many have earphones on listening to music...cant bloody hear , ever wondered why cars don't pull over for sirens etc.

All these issues bring out the kiwi aggression....in past week I have experienced all this...the other driver is the pits , too old , too slow and shouldn't be allowed on road.I am in a hurry to get places have to speed ,lane hop, pass on inside and even pulled an illegal U turn to get to the trots !...at peak hour .

In past two days I have also ridden in an Auckland train for first time ....brilliant......and cos of bus strike actually hitch hiked into CBD.I have also been for 2 x long cycle rides and spoken to other cyclists with no response cos ear plugs in.

I have also walked for over an hour and nearly been hit by cyclists and scooters !

To be honest I misbehave on the roads and footpaths ,but its you guys that bring out this aggression !

I use to ride my BMX from Beachaven to Panmure when i was 12, never even   had a close call  with Traffic because of a high level of respect and self preservation. I love Cycling. Tassie Its People like you misbehaving on our roads and footpaths that bring out ‘Kiwi Aggression ‘ :rcfe-happy-3: learn to be more patient , traffic congestion is just part of life :rcfe-like: The biggest problem with Auckland drivers is their lack of courtesy, i focus on other drivers ,and reduce frustration letting others in wherever i can, this courtesy also aids in avoiding accidents because of awareness 

I've never hit a cyclist but was once when cycling myself (to school).     Problem today i think cyclists tend to forget that traffic on most roads has increased markedly and when driving in it takes all your concentration to be aware of traffic from everywhere - in front, both sides, behind, merging etc. etc.     Also cyclists like Tasman man are not travelling at the speed motorised vehicles are which adds another dimension to the motorist.     I constantly use my mirrors and indicators but I am afraid these times many motorists seem to think these items are just decoration.    I suppose my point is that both motorist (including those that drive as part of their living - taxis, tucks, buses, courier vans etc.) and cyclists (and even greenies) must take an even responsibility in the quest for safe use of the roads. 

Cyclists think they own the road now. Its ‘common sense’ if there is an incident your chances of survival are minimal, BUT this shouldnt be your focus,as with drivers it should be courtesy towards others thats paramount everything else takes care of itself...... merging lanes are a classic in Auckland, youve got people trying to slot in everywhere when the ONLY place one should merge is the end of the lane or where a merge is required it helps traffic flow and also guarantees safe entry as the traffic knows where your merging as the Road Code states  :rcfe-like:

Auckland roads are a nightmare with roadworks , after school traffic, before work ,after work , events and parking on narrow streets.

Us poor and aggressive drivers ,I even colour blind makes things worse , are blind to our faults. And I know 50% of NZ's babies are caused by accidents !

I charge yellow lights , travel too close and looking for the faster route etc.But I don't risk Bus Lanes or T2 or T3 lanes when travelling solo which is how most jafas travel !

Apart from Texting the thing that drives me nuts are drivers who in gridlock traffic when waiting in Q don't move reasonably close to vehicle in front ,thus creating problems behind.

I all seriousness , more folk should be riding ebikes......they are win / win ! Brilliant !